IGNORED

People are barred from entering a church when service begins.

layhoma

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

With insurance going up for churches because of theft and damage it is understandable why churches lock the doors during service or at least leave one door open where entrants can be seen. Once a church has been vandalized the insurance can be costly for the congregation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

the last time I was late coming from Sunday School to the main service the person at the podium stopped and the entire congregation sat tn silence as

i made my way to sit by my wife....  next time I;ll just wait till they stand and start singing........  one does not want his/her phone to go off when the preacher is talking.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

the last time I was late coming from Sunday School to the main service the person at the podium stopped and the entire congregation sat tn silence as

i made my way to sit by my wife....  next time I;ll just wait till they stand and start singing........  one does not want his/her phone to go off when the preacher is talking.

:hmmm:  I guess that person has made his point blatantly. I thought the Shepard is supposed to set an example and lead the sheep. But again, he is just human after all.  I wonder if Jesus would pause whenever a person enters the crowd of 5000 

:hmmm:  I guess that person has made his point blatantly. I thought the Shepard is supposed to set an example and lead the sheep. But again, he is just human after all.  I wonder if Jesus would pause whenever a person enters the crowd of 5000 

don"t think I'd make a guess on that

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Look, if you had an appointment with the president or someone of some standing ..would you be late?  What about an appointment with your GP or suchlike would you stroll in late and expect to be seen?  I think not.  We meet together as a church as the Lord has commanded us to do, we should have enough respect and love for Him and for our brothers and sisters to be on time. Late comers always distract others and those who make a habit of it should be taken to task. There is of course legitimate reasons for one to be late such as ..a flat tyre or suchlike.

LOL I just had to answer this question. If I had an appointment with the president, would I be late????? No I wouldn't be late, I would be a no show.

On the topic, I can't see Jesus locking the doors on people who come late, "he who is last shall be first". For those of you who belong to a Church that locks the doors when a service starts, please pay strict attention to the time change in the spring, being an hour late might get you shunned.

Oldzimm 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Look, if you had an appointment with the president or someone of some standing ..would you be late?  What about an appointment with your GP or suchlike would you stroll in late and expect to be seen?  I think not.  We meet together as a church as the Lord has commanded us to do, we should have enough respect and love for Him and for our brothers and sisters to be on time. Late comers always distract others and those who make a habit of it should be taken to task. There is of course legitimate reasons for one to be late such as ..a flat tyre or suchlike.

LOL I just had to answer this question. If I had an appointment with the president, would I be late????? No I wouldn't be late, I would be a no show.

On the topic, I can't see Jesus locking the doors on people who come late, "he who is last shall be first". For those of you who belong to a Church that locks the doors when a service starts, please pay strict attention to the time change in the spring, being an hour late might get you shunned.

Oldzimm 

:laughing:  I guess I won't turn up either if Obama was the president of the country I live in...

• Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Try setting your clocks 5 minutes ahead.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Must one be in church to worship?

nope 

IMG_0281_zpsdeee37aa.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I think we worship God not only by singing and praying. But I think we worship God by how we live our life. I believe  one way we worship God is when we help others in need.

Edited by LadyKay