• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Okay.

The abomination of desolation (hashiqutz meshomem) standing in the holiest place means it has to be a man.

1 John 2:18 (NIV)
18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

The devil is the great copy cat / counterfeiter. Just as there have been many christs (messiahs) and there is one and only one ultimate Christ (Messiah) the devil has many antichrists (false messiahs) and one ultimate false messiah (false christ / antichrist).

The Apostle John wrote that "you have heard" he was coming. Having heard can mean from the Old Testament texts (the New Testament had not been written yet) or from the repeated teaching of the Lord Jesus who spoke of him in the text you quoted (Matthew 24:15-34). In that text Jesus spoke of a time frame from approximately 70 CE to the future yet to come. I saw a preterist answered this thread above. But the abomination of desolation never stood in the holiest place in 70 CE as the Temple was accidentally burned by a soldier with a torch who did not get the message Titus wanted the Temple in tact.

The teaching about the antichrist to the early churches is evident in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-11, so it is logical to surmise it was taught in the other churches (including Ephesus where John is believed to have written 1 John) though there is no recorded evidence of this teaching. from 2 Thessalonians we can see what was being taught there...

2 Thessalonians 2:1-11 (NASB95)
1 Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,
2 that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.
3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,
4 who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.
5 Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?
6 And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed.
7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.
8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;
9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders,
10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.
11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false,

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

It isn't speaking of 70 AD or the Dome.  The temple in Jerusalem is being rebuilt!

The temple will be rebuilt and animal sacrifices will be re-established.  You see the Jews according to the laws of Moses have no way to sacrifice and be forgiven of sin.  This weighs very heavy upon the orthodox Jew and they have been moving towards reviving the old ways for some time now.

Many believe their will be an uproar from animal activists and the like.  As an animal lover myself I can totally get that.  As a Christian I know it is a complete waste of time and life.  Anyway.  You can see how animal sacrifice can cause a stir.

Then the Antichrist will stand in the new temple and commit the abomination of desolation demanding worship.

These are my beliefs and the beliefs of many end time scholars.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I know discussing this is cliche but, what do you guys think about this?  

Daniel 12:11-12"From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. How blessed is he who keeps waiting and attains to the 1,335 days!" 

Matthew 24:1515“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’a spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

I was reading this and thought hmmm what stands in the Holy Place today? The Dome of the Rock.  So I looked up when it was it was built. 693AD and subtracted 1290 years and I got 597BC. The year the First Temple was destroyed and the articles were carried off.

Ellis Skolfield has come to a similar conclusion which he mentions in his book 'Islam and the End Times'.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Daniel 12:11-12"From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. How blessed is he who keeps waiting and attains to the 1,335 days!" 

Matthew 24:1515“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’a spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

I was reading this and thought hmmm what stands in the Holy Place today? The Dome of the Rock.  So I looked up when it was it was built. 693AD and subtracted 1290 years and I got 597BC. The year the First Temple was destroyed and the articles were carried off.

So by your theory that would put the end at   693 + 1335 = 2028

Um, 586 BCE was the year the Temple was destroyed.

Yours is an interesting interpretation based on the word "standing."

But this is a reference to the False Messiah (Antichrist).

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 (NASB95)

3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,

4 who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.

Daniel 8:25 (NASB95)

25 “And through his shrewdness He will cause deceit to succeed by his influence; And he will magnify himself in his heart, And he will destroy many while they are at ease. He will even oppose the Prince of princes, But he will be broken without human agency.

Daniel 11:36-37 (NASB95)

36 “Then the king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will speak monstrous things against the God of gods; and he will prosper until the indignation is finished, for that which is decreed will be done.

37 “He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the desire of women, nor will he show regard for any other god; for he will magnify himself above them all.

The seat he will take is the mercy seat atop the ark of the covenant (God's throne on Earth). Even before he sits his miserable carcase on the golden lid of the ark (while he is standing in the Holiest Place / Holy of Holies in the temple where the ark is) drop everything in Judea and run.

Daniel 7:24-25 (NASB95)

24 ‘As for the ten horns, out of this kingdom ten kings will arise; and another will arise after them, and he will be different from the previous ones and will subdue three kings.

25 ‘He will speak out against the Most High and wear down the saints of the Highest One, and he will intend to make alterations in times and in law; and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.

Revelation 13:5-10 (NASB95)

5 There was given to him a mouth speaking arrogant words and blasphemies, and authority to act for forty-two months was given to him.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemies against God, to blaspheme His name and His tabernacle, that is, those who dwell in heaven.

7 It was also given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them, and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him.

8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.

9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear.

10 If anyone is destined for captivity, to captivity he goes; if anyone kills with the sword, with the sword he must be killed. Here is the perseverance and the faith of the saints.

BC / AD

CE = Christian Era

BCE = Before Christian Era

:clap:

Oh, and there is some dispute about the dome of the rock sitting on the actual spot that was the Holiest Place in the Jewish Temples...

http://www.templemount.org/

Links there go into angle with reference to the eastern gate the various topographic levels etc.

One places the Temple between the two mosques on temple mount and the other to the north of the dome.

TempleMount4.jpgbible-archeology-jerusalem-temple-mount-

bible-archeology-jerusalem-temple-mount-

Now the point I'd like to make here is that the true Temple of the Lord is us.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 (NASB95)
16 Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
17 If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are.

That this is what the Tabernacle of Moses... NOT the Temples of Solomon or Zerubbabel / Herod depicted prophetically. 

Once Solomon built the Temple his father David put him up to (misinterpreting what the Prophet Nathan told him), God condescended to deal with Israel for the remainder of the Old Covenant through the Temple system. In addition to this presumption, Solomon broke many Levitical Laws in the dedication of the Temple... And yes, BTW, God does concede at times. He does not change. But he bends over backwards where his people are concerned. Read 1 Samuel 8 if you doubt this. But with every deviation from God's original design / intent Israel got further away from God and spent more time in disfavor and judgment than in favor and blessing.

2 Samuel 7:12-13 (NASB95)
12 “When your days are complete and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your descendant after you, who will come forth from you, and I will establish his kingdom.
13 “He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.

...was meant to be the Messiah NOT Solomon, an heir / descendent not an immediate offspring...

Zechariah 6:12-13 (NASB95)
12 “Then say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, “Behold, a man whose name is Branch, for He will branch out from where He is; and He will build the temple of the Lord.
13 “Yes, it is He who will build the temple of the Lord, and He who will bear the honor and sit and rule on His throne. Thus, He will be a priest on His throne, and the counsel of peace will be between the two offices.” ’

Once Israel started down that path (temple building) they limited themselves to it. And even with the destruction of the temple nearly 2000 years now they still do not get the message that Jesus actually is really is the true Messiah.

The false messiah to come will be a temple builder too. This is what 666 is about. Two of the four 666's in the Bible refer to Solomon (his annual gold wage). One refers to a clad named "risen lord" (reference to Revelation 13:3), and the 4th is Revelation 13:18 which is the mark used to track down the one people on earth who will not receive it (Christians). The counting / calculation of the number 666 is the number of prophetic years (360 day years) between the destruction of the first and second temples... 665.6666666666 years.

And it would seem impossible to seriously consider building a Jewish temple on temple mount today with the two mosques there... remember who the mosques belong to...the same as he who will deceive the Jews.

John 5:43 (NASB95)
43 “I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him.