nebula

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,111
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Animals eat whatever.. I'm convinced of it... A couple days ago, I saw some finches eating the meat off of a discarded mostly eaten chicken wing. Never thought they would be meat eaters either. Crows are carrion eaters, so no surprise that they would go for a dove. Seagulls on the other hand normally eat seafood. I guess "dove" tastes like chicken of the sea to them...

I have lived around crows for a very long time and I don't think I've seen them attack any live animal that was not bothering their nest.......   but they do eat anything and everything dead...       Seagulls I'm not that familiar with, but I don't remember ever hearing about them attacking other birds except for nesting problems....   Maybe I just haven't run across it but it's really weird to me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I have heard of seagulls killing pigeons but not a dove :noidea: .I have never heard of a crow killing anything but they will eat anything that is dead.It just seems strange to my as well.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Pigeons are actually called Water Rock Doves.  Wikipedia. :emot-nod:

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

They are birds, doing what birds do.

yeah, but a sea gull and a crow....     not exactly what I would think would be around attacking two doves.

not off the top of your head, but think about it-both birds are native to the region, and both are aggressive birds, while doves are peaceful-which means doves are lower on the food chain. Chances are with the seagull, it was more of a territorial thing, but the crow may have actually been hungry lol.

We have had a few seagulls in my area (seagulls in wyoming may sound funny but they are here, got lost and ended up here after katrina) and they are very, very territorial, especially with other birds. Crows are the same way, while they tend to prefer eating dead animals, they will occasionally go after weaker birds, and they can be territorial as well. Theres a chance the seagull and crow were having it out already, when they saw the doves and decided to go for easier targets.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Good point, Patriot.

The article did not state the birds were killed, but they did have feathers pulled off.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I have lived around crows for a very long time and I don't think I've seen them attack any live animal that was not bothering their nest.......   but they do eat anything and everything dead...       Seagulls I'm not that familiar with, but I don't remember ever hearing about them attacking other birds except for nesting problems....   Maybe I just haven't run across it but it's really weird to me.

I have had them attack me. And I was not messing with their nest. When I was younger, my hair was very blond. Apparently this was attractive to birds. I had many birds attack me to grab my hair. In alaska, a crow chased me down the street to the amusement of my roommates who were watching from the second floor window where we lived. I ran upstairs and into the house and the bird flew into the door as I shut it. I was using my purse to swat at it too as I ran down the street. Altho I miss my beautiful gold hair (natural blondes get darker as they age) I do not miss being attacked by birds.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,111
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have had them attack me. And I was not messing with their nest. When I was younger, my hair was very blond. Apparently this was attractive to birds. I had many birds attack me to grab my hair. In alaska, a crow chased me down the street to the amusement of my roommates who were watching from the second floor window where we lived. I ran upstairs and into the house and the bird flew into the door as I shut it. I was using my purse to swat at it too as I ran down the street. Altho I miss my beautiful gold hair (natural blondes get darker as they age) I do not miss being attacked by birds.

one of my favorite Hitchcock movies was the Birds......   that might just totally freak me out.

Still I think what happened to the doves is simply not normal......    to have the doves attacked by two birds pretty much at the same time and of different kinds is just more than I'm willing to accept as general nature.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

one of my favorite Hitchcock movies was the Birds......   that might just totally freak me out.

Still I think what happened to the doves is simply not normal......    to have the doves attacked by two birds pretty much at the same time and of different kinds is just more than I'm willing to accept as general nature.

After I saw "The Birds" I was really freaked out if I saw several birds together.I felt that way for a long time.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

just think how the whole scenario was for the pope, if he has seen the movie as well..

Angry Birds Vatican edition

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Waiting for some middle eastern country to claim that the doves were really downed by US Drones in disguise.   :lightbulb2: