joelcharig

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1 Corinthians 6:9b-11 NKJV Do not be decieved. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extertioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of God.

People who practice sexual sin will not be in God's Kingdom. But people do get delivered from such sin. When they become genuine Christians they repent--turn away from their sinful lifestyles and turn to Christ for help and deliverance. They stop identifying themselves as homosexuals or drunkards, and start identifying themselves as Christians. They take on a new identity. The old lifestyle person dies and the new person grows more and more Christ like.

However, the person who continues to practice such sin and calls himself a Christian is to be shunned. 1 Corinthians 5:11 NKJV But now I have written you to not keep company with anyone named a brother [in Christ], who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner---not even tè eat with such a person.

However, a person who hates his sin and contually struggles against it is to be treated with compassion. It is the person who boast of their "gay pride" and calls himself a Christian who is to be shunned. Churches that condone sin are blasphamous.

I hope this helps to clear things up. I personally have worked with a few guys who were gay and liked 2 out of 3. We also had an acquaintance who was a lesbian. They were not Christians. It is OK to associate with gay people who are not Christian. How else can they come to know the love of God and be delivered from their sin? 1 Cor. 5:10.Yet I did not mean the sexually immoral people of the world--. But it is not best to become close friends with them lest we also be caught up in their sin or even be perceived as condoning it.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Matthew 5:25 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

The answer is to pray that God allow you to see her as He sees her. She is a beautiful creation of God to be protected. Does she know Jesus? Does God live in her? If she belongs to God you need to see that sign hanging around her neck when you look at her.. If she does not you need to see her as lost and in need of a Savior, and pity her.

Our pastor said that when he was a new Christian he would tell himself he was asking a beautiful girl out so he could share Christ with her. What a crock! He would never once mention Jesus. Just another apple in the garden of eden and another temptation of the enemy.

Don't do it!

The New World's Marching Orders

There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men. Proverbs 30:14

Are The Same As The Old World's Marching Orders

Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. Ezekiel 16:49

They Murder While Mocking The Law Of God

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:29-31

~

I don't see why would it be a sin, it's not a choice, people are born homosexual.

So if god created them homosexual, that must be for a purpose I guess.

Could be because homosexuals can't reproduce and our earth is getting overpopulated rapidly, so that could be a god's mechanism of population control.

~

Beloved, God Does Not Make Man A Sinner

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

And The Devil Does Not Make Man Sin

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Do not err, my beloved brethren. James 1:13-16

Sinning Makes Man A Sinner

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Romans 1:25-28

And Sinners Love Sin

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans 1:32

But

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

There Is Only One Way

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Given By God To Man That He May Escape

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. John 8:36

May You Search And Find Him

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Before It's Too Late

Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD's anger. Zephaniah 3:2

Love, Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

God didn't make them a homosexual no more than He made someone  a adulter..

And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I don't see why would it be a sin, it's not a choice, people are born homosexual. So if god created them homosexual, that must be for a purpose I guess.

That is completely wrong.   No one is born gay. 

It is a sin because God says it is a sin.  (Leviticus 18:22, 20:13; Rom. 1:26-27 and I Cor. 6:9)   To say that homosexuality is not sinful is to deny the witness of Scripture.  God would not cause anyone to be born into a condition He calls an abomination.  

Could be because homosexuals can't reproduce and our earth is getting overpopulated rapidly, so that could be a god's mechanism of population control.

That is absurd and unbiblical.   I can't believe that I am reading you say these things.  I always considered you to be a more conservative Christian.   I am really stunned that you would say these things.  

Why would you consider somebody with the name 'CuriousAtheist' to be a more conservative Christian?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I don't see why would it be a sin, it's not a choice, people are born homosexual. So if god created them homosexual, that must be for a purpose I guess.

That is completely wrong.   No one is born gay. 

It is a sin because God says it is a sin.  (Leviticus 18:22, 20:13; Rom. 1:26-27 and I Cor. 6:9)   To say that homosexuality is not sinful is to deny the witness of Scripture.  God would not cause anyone to be born into a condition He calls an abomination.  

That is absurd and unbiblical.   I can't believe that I am reading you say these things.  I always considered you to be a more conservative Christian.   I am really stunned that you would say these things.  

Brother, it's an atheist saying it?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/15/1996

Please no-one start being judgemental on this thread =/

Try to understand why everyone posts what they post, instead of accusing them of thinking wrong =) Keep all things in mind - I'm not saying you can't have other opinions, share your opinions! But they are opinions, what we individually think and do not know.

So bare that in mind before criticising someone for a post they've made =)

Understanding each other is key! Or at least trying to!

I don't see why would it be a sin, it's not a choice, people are born homosexual. So if god created them homosexual, that must be for a purpose I guess. Could be because homosexuals can't reproduce and our earth is getting overpopulated rapidly, so that could be a god's mechanism of population control.

troll? no.? oops

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings joel....

I really have to say that it is a pleasure to meet you,my brother  in Christ......I love your kindness and gentleness & we do not always have to agree on everything but we do have to love & represent our Lord & Savior in all things...........welcome again,brother

I understand exactly what you are saying & what many others believe to be true but i do not agree.....just as jst5 has said "God did not make someone a homosexual any more than he made someone an adulteror,I do believe that some people have some dominant traits of the opposite yet who they are sexually attracted to I do not believe to be inherent......the same way I do not believe I was made & born to be a drug addict,thieving,lying ,cheating,occultist,seductress sinner that I once was before my Precious Savior cleaned up that mess of an individual that I was................I was also a murderer,did I physically kill another human being is not the question of that sin....the hatred and contempt that was in my heart made me guilty of that sin so I do know the war between the flesh & the spirit very well,more than I could ever explain,,,,,,I could remember to lust after both male & female,for what reason?To satisfy the flesh,now I walk in spirit & in truth the flesh is of no consequence.....

None of us knows anyone's heart but it is safe to say the heart(& mind)is flesh,and therefore it is unreliable.........we can only strive towards perfection with the heart & mind of our Lord,Jesus by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit of the Most High.........may we always open our arms to embrace the sinner,just as Christ embraced us and remember where we all have been...Praise & Glory to God!

With love,in Christ-Kwik