• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

The abyss?

What I think- chained bad angels reside their. Some will be released during the Revelation apocalypse.

And this is where the beast who the woman rides comes from.

The beast who was and Isnot and is to be.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

The abyss?

What I think- chained bad angels reside their. Some will be released during the Revelation apocalypse.

And this is where the beast who the woman rides comes from.

The beast who was and Isnot and is to be.

Ok, let's compare scripture:

Rev 17

When I saw her, I was greatly astonished. 7Then the angel said to me: “Why are you astonished? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns. 8The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

Rev 13

And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.

Hmmmm

One says out of the sea; one says out of the abyss.

Hmmmmm

Help...........

that word abyss isn't used very many times according to my concordance

Luke 8:30-31

"Legion," he replied, because many demons had gone into him. 31 And they begged him repeatedly not to order them to go into the Abyss.
NIV

12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile-the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." 
7 "or 'Who will descend into the deep?'" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
NIV

Rev 9:1
9:1 The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss.
NIV

Rev 9:2
2 When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss.
NIV

Rev 9:11
11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon. 
NIV

Rev 11:2-8
3 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth." 4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. 5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6 These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

7 Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them.
NIV

Rev 17:8
8 The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss and go to his destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because he once was, now is not, and yet will come.
NIV

Rev 20:1-3
20:1 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.
NIV

Rev 17:9-11

9 "This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. 10 They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for a little while. 11 The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction.
NIV

this beast that was and is not but is to come is the eighth king....      It appears to me personally that only angels and demons go to or come out of this place called the abyss.  Assuming the locusts are of demonic activity for they don't sound, look or act like something natural.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Other one,

So, the 8th King is some fallen angel. Satan is lucifer, who is an angel. Are you saying satan is the 8th King who comes from the abyss?

If not, what are you saying?

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Spock, other one, Montana Marv & rollinTHUNDER,

Just a couple of thoughts here. The `beast out of the sea,` refers (I believe) to the Global Government from the people. (sea is a symbol for the wicked who are like the restless sea. Isa. 57: 20) Then the `beast out of the abyss,` shows that it is Satan who eventually controls this Global Government.

There were 5 leaders of the Global Government & they came & went (5 fallen) one is ruling when God is showing us (Rev. 17: 10 `one is,`) & then when the 7th comes & is taken over by Satan (the 8th) Judgment will come. (the beast ...to go to destruction).

Concerning the `one of the heads` being slain, it is a deception, for the words are `as if it had been slain,` or `seemed to have been slain.` How ever it is done it makes the people of the world follow the beast/leader & worship Satan. A counterfeit resurrection, thus deceiving people into thinking that he can never be killed & the world will be able to have peace & prosperity through the leadership of this amazing leader.

Now as he was rising to prominence his magnetic personality, superior wisdom & eloquent diplomacy will convince not only national governments but will enthral & captivate people of every class & creed. He alone will have the answers to the catastrophic dilemmas being endured. Statesmen, intellectuals & economists will unanimously agree that finally there is a dominant & powerful Charismatic Leader with the potential ability to save the whole world system. The New World Order which has so ineffectually been promoted then will have the probability of becoming a reality.

Everyone will enthusiastically give their allegiance to his authority & propositions. The world-wide economic, political & social disasters will seem to be miraculously solved. The world will experience boom-times again.

`And through his policy he shall cause trickery to prosper in his hand; he shall magnify himself in his heart & mind, & in their security he will corrupt & destroy many.`  (AMP  Dan. 8: 25) By peace & prosperity he will conquer many.

Then....`when they say, Peace & safety (security)` then sudden destruction comes upon them...` (1 Thess. 5: 3)

Edited by Marilyn C

Other one,

So, the 8th King is some fallen angel. Satan is lucifer, who is an angel. Are you saying satan is the 8th King who comes from the abyss?

If not, what are you saying?

can't be satan because he isn't there yet....    I'm thinking it's just one of the high level fallen angels.  The only one I know of that is named and in the Bible is Apollo.  There are others mentioned in other writings such as Enoch, but that would be going way way out on a limb.

Just a couple of thoughts here. The `beast out of the sea,` refers (I believe) to the Global Government from the people. (sea is a symbol for the wicked who are like the restless sea. Isa. 57: 20) Then the `beast out of the abyss,` shows that it is Satan who eventually controls this Global Government.

There were 5 leaders of the Global Government & they came & went (5 fallen) one is ruling when God is showing us (Rev. 17: 10 `one is,`) & then when the 7th comes & is taken over by Satan (the 8th) Judgment will come. (the beast ...to go to destruction).

Concerning the `one of the heads` being slain, it is a deception, for the words are `as if it had been slain,` or `seemed to have been slain.` How ever it is done it makes the people of the world follow the beast/leader & worship Satan. A counterfeit resurrection, thus deceiving people into thinking that he can never be killed & the world will be able to have peace & prosperity through the leadership of this amazing leader.

Now as he was rising to prominence his magnetic personality, superior wisdom & eloquent diplomacy will convince not only national governments but will enthral & captivate people of every class & creed. He alone will have the answers to the catastrophic dilemmas being endured. Statesmen, intellectuals & economists will unanimously agree that finally there is a dominant & powerful Charismatic Leader with the potential ability to save the whole world system. The New World Order which has so ineffectually been promoted then will have the probability of becoming a reality.

Everyone will enthusiastically give their allegiance to his authority & propositions. The world-wide economic, political & social disasters will seem to be miraculously solved. The world will experience boom-times again.

`And through his policy he shall cause trickery to prosper in his hand; he shall magnify himself in his heart & mind, & in their security he will corrupt & destroy many.`  (AMP  Dan. 8: 25) By peace & prosperity he will conquer many.

Then....`when they say, Peace & safety (security)` then sudden destruction comes upon them...` (1 Thess. 5: 3)

that was my question Marylin,  is the beast that comes from the abyss and goes to perdition one of the beasts in Revelation 13.   If so it's a fallen angel and not satan for he isn't in the abyss now. If so, them most of the world is going to be looking in the wrong place for the Antichrist.......   he will not be a man.....

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi other one,

I can hear what you are saying, however have you considered this -

Lucifer the fallen angel has 4 names which describe his 4 fold strategy against mankind.

1. Dragon - the devourer.  (Rev. 12: 4)

2. Serpent - the deluder. (Gen. 3: 4 & 5)

3. Devil -  the destroyer. (Rev. 9: 11.   John 10: 10     1 John 3: 8)

4. Satan -  the deceiver. (Rev. 12: 9)

`And the great Dragon was thrown down, the Serpent of old who is called the Devil & Satan, who deceives the whole world; he is thrown down to the earth, & his angels were thrown down with him.`  (Rev. 12: 9)

So where does the Dragon & his angels come from? We are told that they come out of the abyss & their king is the destroyer, in Greek his name is Apollyon.  (Rev. 9: 11) The destroyer is the name of the Devil, one aspect of Lucifer the fallen angel. They have been thrown out of the abyss & to the earth, (he was thrown down to the earth) & thus their power has then been limited, -

`the Devil has come down to you having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time.` (Rev. 12: 12)

Previously the Devil & his angels operated from the principalities & powers realm  (Col. 1: 16) where they influenced mankind in our thoughts etc, but when their power is limited & they, as it were are cast to the earth they then operate in a more physical way, attacking people in an unprecedented way than ever before. (Rev. 9: 1 - 12)

Note that the Dragon, the devourer, the Serpent of old, who is the Devil & Satan, is bound for a 1,000 years with the abyss shut & sealed over him. (Rev. 20: 1 - 3)

All these areas have to be cleansed with all rulership come under the authority of Christ. (1 Cor. 15: 25 - 28)

Edited by Marilyn C

satan is not and has never been in the abyss.....    are you saying that this happens after the 1000 years?

it sort of looks like you are playing with words to make the Bible fit your ideas.....   I spent many years trying to do that.   Obviously I have many more questions than I have answers.     I would say though that some of my thoughts come from personal experience.  Those experiences don't conflict with scripture, but do give some context to what is written.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Hi Marilyn,

Many like to carry this out to the far extremes, but for me, that is beyond my comfort zone. I think folks try to take things too literally in some cases...."what does coming out of the sea or coming out of the abyss (earth) mean??? So we have a sea monster and another monster coming out of the land, but this to me is just more symbolic imagery. This is where remembering King Neb's dream helps, because to him they looked like feet with ten toes. Daniel saw a divided kingdom with ten horns and then a little horn rising up among them taking the lead. These are all describing the same things.

It seems that many are wondering about the antichrist, as if he will be some great man that has the answers to all of the worlds problems. But antichrist is not mentioned in Revelation. The same one who penned Revelation, John, wrote absolutely nothing about antichrist in Revelation. He wrote about antichrist in 1st and 2nd John, before Revelation was written, but does not even mention antichrist once in Revelation. This has become a great myth and has been for hundreds of years. I don't see antichrist as the final world dictator. According to John, all unbelievers are antichrist's. It is the spirit that resides in them, which is the opposite of the Holy Spirit that we believers have living inside us. We must all choose between darkness and light.

I view the son of perdition, the man of lawlessness and even the little horn of Daniel 7 as the same individual, but I see no single antichrist man in scripture. And neither do I believe a man will be killed with a sword and then three days later be resurrected. That would not fool people into believing he is the true Messiah. If they don't like what God is offering now, they won't like it then either. Likewise, I don't expect to see a man with seven heads either. It seems to me that that would require some type of warped faith. We'll know what we're dealing with when the time comes.

I'm not very interested in studying this far into this aspect of the beasts, because Yeshua warned us to be ready. The Day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night for those who are in darkness, but we are not in darkness. Those who are ready when the Son of man appears in the clouds will be gathered (taken - rapture: meeting in air/clouds). Then the remnant in Israel and the tribes that are still scattered will look up and know their redemption draws near. The lukewarm believers will be left and then martyred by the beast who will overcome the saints (mark of beast). The only people left after this will be the remnant along with the sheep and goats from among the nations. The goats will take the mark and be doomed, but the sheep will not and will survive to the end, and they will be the ones to enter the millennial kingdom in their mortal bodies. The saints (those raptured & the martyrs) will return and reign over the sheep with Christ.  I hope to be one that is ready, but if not I will take a stand against the evil world system and become a martyr.  I wouldn't care too much for becoming one of the sheep that are separated from the goats.

But on a less serious note, I think Obama fits the description of the man of lawlessness very well.  :biggrin2:

Cheers