IGNORED

Is the Bible the Word of God?

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

3 days later what? What's your problem lady?

She means that three days later and you still have not yet unsubscribed as you claimed you were going to do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

white tiger,I've checked this forum for several days now... and I think I understand the concept of your doctrinal beliefs, though they're polyphonic, enigmatic, paradoxical, and chaotic. I do understand the belief of the Eucharist, as the embodiment of the sacraments, i.e. Christ literally becomes manifest in them. You worship the saints by praying to them, because in doing so, you deify them on some equivalence to Divinity. You believe in the Charismatic Movement, including the manifestation of the Holy Ghost, with speaking in other tongues, gifts of the Spirit, which among them are prophetical utterances, interpretation of tongues, word of wisdom, word of knowledge, discernment of spirits, casting out of devils, prayer for the sick, healings, miracles, etc... Okay, sure, alright, uh-huh yeah, I get it. But what you don't  get, is Sheba in her kind delicate and polite inquiry is: if you've unsubscribed 3 days ago, but now it's 4 days, because of your disgust, detest and general dogmatic manner displays in opposition to Worthy's ToS: Terms of Service, why are you still  here if you hate us so loathsome and disrespectfully? Just saying, white tiger... No offense, don't mind me, I'm not in authority, I'm just in support, because I do love Worthy, the ministry, those in leadership, plus the numerous members I've come to know, and have genuine endearing fondness for... I enjoy hanging out here, because in Sheba's own words to me recently, "Where else would I go?"

Shalom Aliechem

David/BeauJangles

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I hold to the 66 books of the canon being the Word of God, but I do have a question.  Why do you Whitetiger believe there are 72 inspired books?  If you are speaking of the Apocrypha, there were 14 books in the original Apocrypha.  Why do you only consider 6 of them scripture?  Why not 80?  I am also wondering what you mean by the Bible being "words from God?"  Do you believe every jot and tittle are "words from God," or do you only believe part of the Bible is actual "words from God?"  Do you believe the Bible is inerrant? 

He is holding the Catholic position.  However, this particular opinion he expresses is not one I have heard before.

There are sects within the Catholic church as you prob know, so who knows exactly what he refers to unless he enlightens us.   :noidea:

It's pretty plain looking at my signature that I am not Catholic. Why do you assume just Catholics believe that way? There are Orthodox too which I could be said to be closer to. Here is my new testimony from another thread.

I am not a Protestant, Catholic or Orthodox; I do not hold standard protestant beliefs, more accurately modern evangelical beliefs like Dispensationalism, any type of rapture that modern evangelicals believe in, I believe that Revelations is not a future book but a book that is full of symbolism of hope for the early Christians. You could call me a partial Preterist though I might deviate from that a bit. I do not believe in Sola Scriptura I believe in Scripture with Tradition, I believe in the continuing gifts of the Holy Spirit, I believe that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth and I believe the filoque should not be in the Nicene creed, I believe in the absolute Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist, I believe in praying to the Saints.

Sorry for assuming you are Catholic.  why did I assume that?  That would be because I have had many discussions with Catholics and there seems to be no end to the variation within Catholicism as

much of their beliefs do not stem from the Bible itself but rather the 'fathers' of which there is a sampling here

At any rate, the views expressed here are Christian by those who oppose your view of the Bible.  

Unfortuneatly, I am aquainted with both partial and full preterists and view those beliefs as erroneous.

Praying to the saints is NOT in scripture and is not supported other then by man's traditions.

I view that pretty much the same as invoking spirits other than the Holy Spirit.

By the way?  Its Revelation....no s.  It was the Revelation to John given to him by Christ.

So it sounds like you have kind of gone to some kind of religious smorgasborg and sampled whatever appealed to you...kind of your own religion...so really, I would seriously hesitate

to bestow any kind of authority to your beliefs

Do you understand that at least half of what you say you believe sounds as though it has come straight out of a book on Catholic dogma?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/27/1971

white tiger,I've checked this forum for several days now... and I think I understand the concept of your doctrinal beliefs, though they're polyphonic, enigmatic, paradoxical, and chaotic. I do understand the belief of the Eucharist, as the embodiment of the sacraments, i.e. Christ literally becomes manifest in them. You worship the saints by praying to them, because in doing so, you deify them on some equivalence to Divinity. You believe in the Charismatic Movement, including the manifestation of the Holy Ghost, with speaking in other tongues, gifts of the Spirit, which among them are prophetical utterances, interpretation of tongues, word of wisdom, word of knowledge, discernment of spirits, casting out of devils, prayer for the sick, healings, miracles, etc... Okay, sure, alright, uh-huh yeah, I get it. But what you don't  get, is Sheba in her kind delicate and polite inquiry is: if you've unsubscribed 3 days ago, but now it's 4 days, because of your disgust, detest and general dogmatic manner displays in opposition to Worthy's ToS: Terms of Service, why are you still  here if you hate us so loathsome and disrespectfully? Just saying, white tiger... No offense, don't mind me, I'm not in authority, I'm just in support, because I do love Worthy, the ministry, those in leadership, plus the numerous members I've come to know, and have genuine endearing fondness for... I enjoy hanging out here, because in Sheba's own words to me recently, "Where else would I go?"

Shalom Aliechem

David/BeauJangles

First, no it's not worship and it is Bibical to pray to the Saints (Heb 12:1), if it is then you need to stop praying to others to pray for you. I can't find where to unsub from the thread FYI or I would have. I mistakenly thought that this was a place of fellowship that accepted Christians but instead I get grilled and harassed by one poster how should I feel? You tell me.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/27/1971

I hold to the 66 books of the canon being the Word of God, but I do have a question.  Why do you Whitetiger believe there are 72 inspired books?  If you are speaking of the Apocrypha, there were 14 books in the original Apocrypha.  Why do you only consider 6 of them scripture?  Why not 80?  I am also wondering what you mean by the Bible being "words from God?"  Do you believe every jot and tittle are "words from God," or do you only believe part of the Bible is actual "words from God?"  Do you believe the Bible is inerrant? 

He is holding the Catholic position.  However, this particular opinion he expresses is not one I have heard before.

There are sects within the Catholic church as you prob know, so who knows exactly what he refers to unless he enlightens us.   :noidea:

It's pretty plain looking at my signature that I am not Catholic. Why do you assume just Catholics believe that way? There are Orthodox too which I could be said to be closer to. Here is my new testimony from another thread.

I am not a Protestant, Catholic or Orthodox; I do not hold standard protestant beliefs, more accurately modern evangelical beliefs like Dispensationalism, any type of rapture that modern evangelicals believe in, I believe that Revelations is not a future book but a book that is full of symbolism of hope for the early Christians. You could call me a partial Preterist though I might deviate from that a bit. I do not believe in Sola Scriptura I believe in Scripture with Tradition, I believe in the continuing gifts of the Holy Spirit, I believe that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth and I believe the filoque should not be in the Nicene creed, I believe in the absolute Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist, I believe in praying to the Saints.

Sorry for assuming you are Catholic.  why did I assume that?  That would be because I have had many discussions with Catholics and there seems to be no end to the variation within Catholicism as

much of their beliefs do not stem from the Bible itself but rather the 'fathers' of which there is a sampling here

At any rate, the views expressed here are Christian by those who oppose your view of the Bible.  

Unfortuneatly, I am aquainted with both partial and full preterists and view those beliefs as erroneous.

Praying to the saints is NOT in scripture and is not supported other then by man's traditions.

I view that pretty much the same as invoking spirits other than the Holy Spirit.

By the way?  Its Revelation....no s.  It was the Revelation to John given to him by Christ.

So it sounds like you have kind of gone to some kind of religious smorgasborg and sampled whatever appealed to you...kind of your own religion...so really, I would seriously hesitate

Do you understand that at least half of what you say you believe sounds as though it has come straight out of a book on Catholic dogma?

I have no idea how to quote what you ask me indivually so I can aswer your post easier, would you know? I will answer your very last question, yes because my Church is a covergence Church and we do have Catholic elements and Orthodox elements. About partial Peterism I studied and chose that after coming out of the biggest lie that invaded Christianity namely dispensationalism. Actally the beliefs in the thread are not Bibical as far as the thread title is concerned the Word of God is Christ, when one insist the Word of God is the Biblr one starts making the Bible God

Guest shiloh357

Actally the beliefs in the thread are not Bibical as far as the thread title is concerned the Word of God is Christ, when one insist the Word of God is the Biblr one starts making the Bible God

No, it is not making the Bible God if we say it is the Word of God. If you knew much about the Bible, you would know it calls itself the Word of God.   It is the written Word of God and Jesus is the living Word of God.  He is the living personification of what was written in the law and spoken by the prophets. It is your views that are not biblical.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

First, no it's not worship and it is Bibical to pray to the Saints (Heb 12:1), if it is then you need to stop praying to others to pray for you. 

Heb 12:1 does not mention praying to dead people or people in heaven. 

Hebrews 12 
1 Therefore since we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily besets us , and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

When I ask people to pray for me, I do not light a candle, I do not kneel before a statue of them. I do not bow my head and say oh blessed person hear my prayer. I do not pray to people to ask them to pray for me. Praying to saints as you do or as catholics do is idolatry.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Interesting topic, I've seen a few people now who hold the view that Jesus is the Word of God, and the bible is scripture. One thing I have seen though is that most of them put a great emphases in the importance of scripture and believe that the bible is still 100% inspired by God and a primary way God speaks to us. They treat the bible as holy and put the same value that the majority believers do, but the issue is with the terminology. They believe giving the bible the term "Word of God" is deifying the bible since it is a name for Jesus. Now, I do not believe this is heresy but an issue with terminology.

Me, I believe the bible is the written word of God or simply put... scripture, 100% inspired by God. I do not believe the bible is God Himself. I believe that Jesus is the "Word of God" and the bible is a primary tool to lead us to Him. 

John 5:39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. 40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

It's not a big deal to me if someone terms scripture differently, only when they devalue the importance of scripture.

Guest shiloh357

First, no it's not worship and it is Bibical to pray to the Saints (Heb 12:1), if it is then you need to stop praying to others to pray for you. 

Praying to the saints is actually pagan.

Hebrews 12:1  refers to "cloud" of witnesses and it doesn't mean that those in heaven are "witnessing" us as we live down here on earth.  It means that they stand as witnesses to the faithfulness of God.  They stand as witnesses or as testimony to what it means to live by faith.   These not saints that are looking down on us.  We have no contact with them.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I have no idea how to quote what you ask me indivually so I can aswer your post easier, would you know? I will answer your very last question, yes because my Church is a covergence Church and we do have Catholic elements and Orthodox elements. About partial Peterism I studied and chose that after coming out of the biggest lie that invaded Christianity namely dispensationalism. Actally the beliefs in the thread are not Bibical as far as the thread title is concerned the Word of God is Christ, when one insist the Word of God is the Biblr one starts making the Bible God

hey WT...I don't want to waste 'paper' so I just quoted yr last response

Well, interersting but of course you don't think the beliefs in this thread are biblical because YOU do NOT choose to believe those parts.

So, yuh know?   :help:

I don't know who you know that has made the Bible God, but I know I have not and I honestly do not know anyone else who has either.  And I have crossed the threshold of a few churches in my time