Jerry1023

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

But when do you let go and step out in faith. If you have not that kind of faith no sign will be sufficent __ and the easy one will be your choice.

There's always some faith left in us as a Christian, even if it's as small as the size of a mustard seed.

The mustard seed faith IS of the Faith of Jesus Chrst. Could it be otherwise for Jesus to say what He declared, re the fig tree?
Good point.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Jerry...

I believe it was Lady C that was giving the different references in the Scriptures where God gave a sign to those who asked and it just shows their humanity.,look at Hezekiah?

Anyway,I don't really even understand the question ,it leads me to believe"Did the person really HEAR the Voice of God as they claim to?" PLUS,God made them a promise?????? I will tell you this,if I ever HEARD the VOICE of GOD...and ,,,,,He made a PROMISE to me,I probably would be prostrate on the floor for 2 weeks & I do not think I would even be able to speak to ask God anything!

God speaks to me & even through me in many different ways & I never heard His Audible Voice ,I think it would be a mighty wonder in itself.........Someone so Blessed (like Paul) to hear GOD & they really want a sign?I guess everyone is different?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

But when do you let go and step out in faith. If you have not that kind of faith no sign will be sufficent __ and the easy one will be your choice.

There's always some faith left in us as a Christian, even if it's as small as the size of a mustard seed.
The mustard seed faith IS of the Faith of Jesus Chrst. Could it be otherwise for Jesus to say what He declared, re the fig tree?
Good point.

Ya Know, Brother, if, by such declaration from Jesus, we might come to understand that it is intimacy with the Father as He had; If we could break loose from feeling the necessity of continually preaching and teaching salvation to the choir and get on being a people desirous of knowing God as Father, the Church would take off! Corporate worship would be an event steeped in the beauty of the Lord; His "train filling the temple"! I have experienced such glorious events __ but too few of them.

Edited by Cross Reference

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I don't believe it's wrong to ask God for a sign, such as a confirmation, direction, asking to show someone He's real, praying for a miracle. etc. That's biblical and the bible is filled with examples of those kind of signs. When you ask in pride and unbelief, that's a different story.

I know many take the Pharisees asking for a sign as proof that we should never ask God for a sign, but that is taking it completely out of context.

When the Pharisee's asked for a sign, they asked in unbelief and in anger.  Now, context. The Pharisee's were expecting the Messiah to overthrow the Roman empire and rule over Israel. They were under Roman oppression and if Jesus was their Messiah, He would be the one to deliver them from that oppression.

Matthew 12:39 But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

What kind of sign? Not a miracle because Jesus just made them mad because He healed someone on Sabbath. He also had a habit of opening blind eyes, multiplying food, making the paralyzed walk as as sign He can forgive sins. The sign they wanted from Him was not a miracle. In Luke, he just finished sending out the 70 and they returned testifying of the miracles God has done. Now, lets look at this in Luke.

Luke 11:29 And while the crowds were thickly gathered together, He began to say, “This is an evil generation. It seeks a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah the prophet. 30 For as Jonah became a sign to the Ninevites, so also the Son of Man will be to this generation. 31 The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation and condemn them, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here. 32 The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here.

So, Instead of rising up overthrowing Rome, he died for three days and extended Salvation to Rome through repentance just as Jonah was a sign to the Ninevites. Then, Jesus will go on to say, instead of overthrowing the Gentiles, the Gentiles will receive mercy and rise up in judgement against them.

Joshua how do you take the meaning of this passage

I can go straight to the Holy Spirit and speak with Him.  I have no need for signs of anything.  He has given us everything we need in the Scriptures and through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

In the Bible people asked for signs but they were not people indwelt by the Holy Spirit who needed external confirmation.  We don't live in that economy any longer.

I would like to add -what will it be like in Jesus' view of our desiring through the created thing confirmation of any type

when we have The Person of The Holy Spirit within us? True freedom is separation from this world as the only tool satan's

has to use against us... or further still why would God want to display His Glory, which He 'IS' keeping forever, in that which

He is not keeping forever? Love, Steven

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

What does it mean to ask God for a sign after God made a promise to you or after you heard the voice of God,do you guys think it is biblical to ask God for a sign,i was reading a thread posted by someone,in one of the forums,the person said that he knew that asking God for a sign is a sin,i read all the replies no body proved his believe that; it is a sin to ask God for sign wrong,does that means that asking God for a sign is a sin,or does it meaning that the person is doubting God or questioning God's ability to perform His promise,if you hear God boldly and expresselly telling you that he will bless you with your heart desire before this month runs out,and you ask Him to show you a sign,does that meaning you are doubting Him or you are sinning against God.

If you receive a sign how do you know it is from God?  A Christian is given the Holy Spirit which dictates to him or her what is right or wrong.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

Also Jesus said he would call his own out by name, and they would follow no other. So a spiritual Christian will be told by Jesus/Holy Spirit what is right or wrong.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

i asked in 2011(according to Gideon's story),and in 2012,GOD launched a huge sign  ,so i think if y ask for needs,not for testing GOD,it is ok

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

What does it mean to ask God for a sign after God made a promise to you or after you heard the voice of God,

do you guys think it is biblical to ask God for a sign ...

Many Christians are called by God to do such and such.

Before proceeding, it is wise to seek out several confirmations from other believers whom you trust to know God.

These spiritual believers then go to the Lord and see whether they have peace about it.

If you do receive at least 2 other positive confirmations, then you can be quite sure indeed that it was from God.

Edited by Osterloh

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

What does it mean to ask God for a sign after God made a promise to you or after you heard the voice of God,do you guys think it is biblical to ask God for a sign,i was reading a thread posted by someone,in one of the forums,the person said that he knew that asking God for a sign is a sin,i read all the replies no body proved his believe that; it is a sin to ask God for sign wrong,does that means that asking God for a sign is a sin,or does it meaning that the person is doubting God or questioning God's ability to perform His promise,if you hear God boldly and expresselly telling you that he will bless you with your heart desire before this month runs out,and you ask Him to show you a sign,does that meaning you are doubting Him or you are sinning against God.

Be careful what you ask for......you may get it.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...