• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,197
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Spock,

Thank you for your detailed reply. However nowhere in Revelation does it say that Babylon is Rome. That is just man`s opinion. If you care to work through the discussion with inchrist & myself where we are looking at Isaiah & Jeremiah & of course all scripture culminates in Revelation where it is all summed up. However we are in Isaiah & Jeremiah at the moment & we would appreciate it if those who would like to discuss work through with us or wait till we get to Revelation for comments there.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Hi Salty,

How about you give inchrist & myself an opportunity to present what we are discussing first & then point out what you see is not in line with scripture. At the moment we are just discussing Assyria (due to the ISIS on the other thread) & where that is in God`s word. Then Babylon is mentioned so we are looking at that Historical city & what is happening there today. Later of course we will get to what I posted `the Capital city of the world.

Give us time to read & discuss the details, as I`ve said & not just try & `kill,` this discussion with `emotive words - `you`d have to come up with a whopper story to try & get those prophecies to point away from Jerusalem...` & `without a consideration of our Lord`s book of Revelation as the `key,` for the end time Babylon.` These statements are just quite rude Salty, & not in the manner of good discussing. You really need to see what we are discussing & respectfully add or point out from scripture your comments.

Consider your statement directed at me, something about 'jumping the gun' or 'quick off the mark' on this subject. No, I have not jumped the gun with what I said. I am relying on God's Word about the matter, but you inferred doing that was to 'jump the gun'? If what I said sounded rude because of following God's Word on it, then you already have a major problem with addressing this subject from the outset. And if I think you're doing that warrants a warning to other brethren here, then that is what I will do, regardless of your attempt to show I'm being unfair. Good day to you.

Rev 11:8

8    And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

(KJV)

Edited by Salty

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Hi Salty,

Glad to know your intention was not to be rude. However again I say you really need to give time to hear what will be presented & then you will have something to point out. You are merely saying the end of the conversation, that it culminates in Jerusalem. We obviously all agree with that. So sit back & see what is being said & we all may learn something by the Holy Spirit.

Hi Spock,

That`s very nice of you to ask for my thoughts on Babylon.  And you are so right to say `Babylon has to be in utter ruin which it has not been.` As to Babylon being a `big player in the end,` (which you don`t see)  we`ll have to see what God says in His word & then we`ll be watching the outcome.

Now inchrist gave us some very good scriptures to look at - Jeremiah 51 & Isaiah 13.

In Jeremiah we see that God has given him a prophecy for the King of Babylon. It was written on a scroll & gave details of the judgment of Babylon. The courier taking the scroll had to say this to the King -

`O Lord, you have spoken against this place to cut it off, so that none shall remain in it, neither man nor beast, but it shall be desolate for ever.`

Then when the man had finished reading he was to `tie a stone to it & throw it out into the Euphrates.` then he was to say, `Thus Babylon shall sink & not rise from the catastrophe that I will bring upon her. `  (Jer. 51: 62 - 64) 

As you so rightly said Spock this has not happened yet so we will be watching. Now that was the end of Babylon but God also showed the King when the fall would commence.

`The Lord has raised up the spirit of the kings of Medes, For His plan is against Babylon to destroy it.`  (Jer. 51: 11)

This is exactly what Daniel told us happened.

`That very night Belshazzar, king of the Chaldeans, was slain. And Darius the Mede received the kingdom,......`  (Dan. 5: 30 & 31)

That`s a few thoughts to start with. What are yours Spock & inchrist?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Rev 17:3 - Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert (wilderness), there I saw a women sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns.

John was carried into the desert where he saw the woman and the beast.  Which is considered more of a wilderness or desert; geographic Rome or geographic Babylon.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Marilyn,

Honestly, I'm never sure how to interpret early testament prophecies because I know often many have a near-far implication.  I do not know about this one - is it just for the times before Christ, or both before and after Christ.

So, I look for other sources to confirm a notion. Because IMO I do not see the literal city of Babylon in the later testament, I then assume the Jeremiah passage cannot be talking about the period just before the 2nd coming.

So, I guess I have to find contentment in not quite being sure in what I believe in these matters.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,083
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Rev 17:3 - Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert (wilderness), there I saw a women sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns.

John was carried into the desert where he saw the woman and the beast.  Which is considered more of a wilderness or desert; geographic Rome or geographic Babylon.

In Christ

Montana Marv

If you just read that verse and let it tell it's story, John was lead to a desert (wilderness) and that's where he saw the vision.......   does not say that the woman or the Beast was in the desert, just that is where he saw the vision.   

Guest shiloh357

The City of Babylon has a very prominent place in end-time predictions. I thought I would give an overview of its history & what is happening there today. (I do see that some of this has been posted before but it fits in here with our discussion of Assyria & what is happening in that part of the world today.)

Yes, the book of Revelation especially in Rev. 17 and 18 shows that Babylon by the Euphrates will be the headquarters of the antichrist's government.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

In Christ

Montana Marv

If you just read that verse and let it tell it's story, John was lead to a desert (wilderness) and that's where he saw the vision.......   does not say that the woman or the Beast was in the desert, just that is where he saw the vision.   

Yes and No

Rev 1:10 - On the Lords Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a voice like a trumpet which said:  Write...

Rev 4:1 - After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven, and the voice said: Come up here...

Rev 17:1 - Come I will show you,   v3 - Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert ...

The visions John had, had to do with location; Write, at your present location; What he saw in the desert, What he saw in heaven.

John could have easily wrote down what he saw from his jail cell.  Yet he was transported to two different locations to report on what he sees.  He saw something in the desert, he saw something in heaven.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,083
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

In Christ

Montana Marv

Yes and No

Rev 1:10 - On the Lords Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a voice like a trumpet which said:  Write...

Rev 4:1 - After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven, and the voice said: Come up here...

Rev 17:1 - Come I will show you,   v3 - Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert ...

The visions John had, had to do with location; Write, at your present location; What he saw in the desert, What he saw in heaven.

John could have easily wrote down what he saw from his jail cell.  Yet he was transported to two different locations to report on what he sees.  He saw something in the desert, he saw something in heaven.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I can see it in that thought process too....   but that word is translated as wilderness more than desert.....    I've got to ponder a bit to see if there is a difference.    I guess he could have taken him to any number of places....  is this the same Babylon that is on seven hills???