Agape Apologetics

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Like I said, they seem to preach the same thing as other Christians, you can become like Jesus. And what is Jesus? He is what his Father is,  a God. You just term it differently than those Mormons do. If you want to attack someone who has changed the gospel, you should be starting with 4th century Rome and the heretic doctrines they introduced.

The problem with a lot of Christians is they use different vocabulary than other Christians to describe the same thing. Then they each point their finger at the other and cry "foul!" So maybe Mormons describe becoming a saved being as being like God and you describe it as being a saved being. Either way, it is the same thing. This is what you do not see.

Have you studied Mormonism Ozzy?

Unfortuneatly, it is not a simple case of having a different vocabulary.  Not at all.  

Mormonism was created only 200 years ago and uses the book of Mormon as its 'go to' bible

The Mormon religion (Mormonism), whose followers are known as Mormons and Latter Day Saints (LDS), was founded less than two hundred years ago by a man named Joseph Smith. He claimed to have received a personal visit from God the Father and Jesus Christ who told him that all churches and their creeds were an abomination. Joseph Smith then set out to begin a brand-new religion that claims to be the “only true church on earth.” The problem with Mormonism is that it contradicts, modifies, and expands on the Bible. Christians have no reason to believe that the Bible is not true and adequate. To truly believe in and trust God means to believe in His Word, and all Scripture is inspired by God, which means it comes from Him (2 Timothy 3:16).

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/Mormons.html#ixzz393jMvU32

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,115
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Most of us don't have any idea what goes on with the temple worship.   It is only open to invitation.  Not even mormons may attend temple worship without a special invitation.     I have been told that it is much like Masonic temple doings and I have read in many places that Joseph Smith was a high level mason.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Mormonism asserts that the universe, men, and gods are all eternal (1). If man has always been, and some men have always been progressing into godhood: What came first, a god or a man? If a man was first, who made the man? A god? If a god came first, then from what did he progress in this eternal progression of gods? It’s easy to see that not only do the false doctrines of Mormonism have no scriptural support; they are philosophically fallacious as well. Next are two quotes explaining the Mormon teaching on the deification of humanity and plurality of gods.

I think the Mormons have an answer for this one - they don't teach that there was a first cause of all things, but rather that the universe has always been - hence Elohim is just one in a succession of humans that have achieved godhood.

The whole basis of the Mormon testimony is feeling based, not logic based or philosphical  - they appeal to the burning in the bosom as their final authority on what is true and what is not. 

off topic

I always considered the burning heart thing to be because I did something bad so this post made me sorta laugh

The feeling of goodness I get is when I do good and my heart gets that water flow thing.  never understood why people latch onto the warm heart thing.  The bible says the holy spirit is a FOUNTAIN haha

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

The "burning thing" comes from Luke 24:32 NKJV Did not our heart burn within us while He talked to us on the road? v.27 Jesus had been explaining the Old Testament to the men on the road to Emmaus. (V.13)

So Joseph Smith said that an angel told him that he would know if what was written in the Bible was true [or any of the so called translating and recording of the plates was true] only if they had a burning in their bosoms when reading it. Doctrine & Covenants 9:8 Of course they are accursed for bringing another gospel. Their religion is based on Scottish Rite Masons. They stole the ritual and legends and melded it with the religion he created. Masons will allow Jews to join but not mormons due to this--they are black balled. If there was an angel speaking to Joseph Smith it was a fallen one. They make their religion sound the same and will say they believe like we do, but the truth is that few have any idea what we truly believe and they have used the same christianese words to mean something entirely different. You really have to define words when speaking to them.

Occasionally when I have spoken to mormon missionaries and the Holy Spirit had given me light on a subject, I would tell them that I had a burning in my bosom concerning an opposit interpretation from theirs. It always puzzeled them and stopped their arguements. But I was trying to put it into their language. A lot of mormons must suffer from heartburn and indigestion. We should offer them some Pepsid or an antactid.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Your terms our wrong... The Christianity formed in 325 AD says Jesus is not a created being. This is when the trinity was concocted. No biblical reference can be found.

Your terms our wrong... The Christianity formed in 325 AD says Jesus is not a created being. This is when the trinity was concocted. No biblical reference can be found.

lovely...you woke up this thread to discuss your views on what the Bible states regarding the Trinity?

ps...your timeline is off

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

It is normal for a creature who has a beginning to not have the mental capacity to understand how a creator has no beginning.

How can a finite being bound by time and space understand how the creator who created time and space exists without any bounds.

The Living Word is, he just is and we have trouble understanding our own finite position let alone trying to understand matters outside of our own time and space boundaries.

I think we need to humble ourselves and just learn to accept how small we really are in the scope of things.

Edited by Defending the Name

It is normal for a creature who has a beginning to not have the mental capacity to understand how a creator has no beginning.

How can a finite being bound by time and space understand how the creator who created time and space exists without any bounds.

The Living Word is, he just is and we have trouble understanding our own finite position let alone trying to understand matters outside of our own time and space boundaries.

I think we need to humble ourselves and just learn to accept how small we really are in the scope of things.

:thumbsup:

But

We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19 (NIV)

God

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: Psalms 8:3-6

Walked The Earth

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

Bless His Holy Holy Name

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

Guest Judas Machabeus

lovely...you woke up this thread to discuss your views on what the Bible states regarding the Trinity?

Is there already a thread discussing proof of the trinity?? I would be interested in seeing what was discussed.

As for Ozzy's comment.... The councils you referred to only happened in response to heresies that rose up denying The different aspects of the trinity. The Church always taught and held true to the teachings on the trinity from the very beginning.

Is there already a thread discussing proof of the trinity?? I would be interested in seeing what was discussed.

As for Ozzy's comment.... The councils you referred to only happened in response to heresies that rose up denying The different aspects of the trinity. The Church always taught and held true to the teachings on the trinity from the very beginning.

Hi...I know there are, but you will need to do a search...or perhaps ask a mod to help you

thanks