Death Never Tasted So Good

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

My parents were originally from the north-east, and they would drink hot tea.  As such, I was used to having a cup of hot tea with breakfast every morning growing up, and I would drink Coca-Cola with other meals.  Later on, I went to work for a radio station, and was introduced to coffee by a co-worker.  Back then, I would go through a couple of pots a day easy.  I knew that was too much, so I made myself cut back on it.  I suppose it could be the fact I have built up a tolerance to caffeine that it doesn't effect me like it does you.  I will admit that caffeine is addictive, and if I fail to have at least some on a given day, I tend to get a severe headache.  That doesn't necessarily make it dangerous, but it is definitely addictive. 

I used to feel those headaches and stuff before I quit it the first time for 3 months many years ago. From that time forward it never seems to be the same in me. In fact more negative than postive. Through the years I experiemented with it. 6 months on, 6 off...year on year off. It finally got to a point I could feel the death in it. Pulling me away from the spirit.  Abstaining from it may have altered my sensitivity to it.  But the sensitivity in me to it was always there.

To me, this is a classic example of God showing a person something he doesn't want them to do, and you obeyed his voice.  Caffeine is unclean to you.  I can fully respect that. 

thanks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Its interesting how people defend their addictions.

it's not my coffee drinking that needs defending, it's my Bible....    I just personally think you are abusing it.  I don't mean to be offensive, but that is my opinion.

So coffee does things to you, that's fine; but, to extend your problems to everyone else is not fine.    When I was a television director I used to drink 50+ cups of coffee a night.....     never really hopped me up, but it keep me alert which we had to be.   I can't tell at 67 that it's hurt me in any way and I don't really crave it when we're out camping and run out.   When I stopped working as a Xerox Service Engineer, my coffee consumption dropped a lot......   I wonder if that's why my blood pressure went up?

When we're on vacation and having to drive late I'll get two packages of planters peanuts and put them in a 20 oz. Mountain Dew and it will keep me awake for three or four hours......   but I don't get hopped up but it does keep me out of bar ditches which my wife is grateful for.

So I would say that we have very different reactions to coffee.  So pardon me if I disagree with your scripture analogy.

Its interesting how people defend their addictions.

it's not my coffee drinking that needs defending, it's my Bible....    I just personally think you are abusing it.  I don't mean to be offensive, but that is my opinion.

So coffee does things to you, that's fine; but, to extend your problems to everyone else is not fine.    When I was a television director I used to drink 50+ cups of coffee a night.....     never really hopped me up, but it keep me alert which we had to be.   I can't tell at 67 that it's hurt me in any way and I don't really crave it when we're out camping and run out.   When I stopped working as a Xerox Service Engineer, my coffee consumption dropped a lot......   I wonder if that's why my blood pressure went up?

When we're on vacation and having to drive late I'll get two packages of planters peanuts and put them in a 20 oz. Mountain Dew and it will keep me awake for three or four hours......   but I don't get hopped up but it does keep me out of bar ditches which my wife is grateful for.

So I would say that we have very different reactions to coffee.  So pardon me if I disagree with your scripture analogy.

All is good brother. I'm just sharing my take on it. I'm not abusing it. One regular soda did to me in the 80's what an energy drink would do to the average person today. Its personal to me for several reasons.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think it was that remark about defending addictions that made it not OK.....   I'll get over it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Colossians 2:16-17 - Let no man therefore judge you in meat or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:  Which are shadows of things to come;  but the body is of Christ.

I am a diabetic but I will not take bible scriptures out of context to prove to others that sugar is sinful as has been done in the OP.

A lesson in rightly dividing scripture could do a world of good.

Is that your opinion?  Did Jesus not say he was the truth life and way?  Did Jesus not say the devil was a liar and there  was no truth in him?      Mathew 6:22 "The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light,"

I imagine if that you truly believed sugar had caused you a brain aneurism and sent you to hell you would have a different opinion.

I noticed that you went back and edited this post after I had already commented on it and you added in the last line in which I put in quote below in order to respond to it.

I imagine if that you truly believed sugar had caused you a brain aneurism and sent you to hell you would have a different opinion.

What exactly does that mean?

It is unrepentant sin that sends a person to hell not an untimely death, because of someone eating sugar or drinking coffee.

It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak. Romans 14:21 (NKJV)

~

First, lets look at what wikipedia says about the origin of caffeine, and how that compares to the bible.

“Caffeine, is a bitter, white crystalline xanthine alkaloid and a stimulant drug. Caffeine is found in varying quantities in the seeds, leaves, and fruit of some plants, where it acts as a natural pesticide that paralyzes and kills certain insects feeding on the plants, as well as enhancing the reward memory of pollinators.”

Compare that with the following Bible verse.

John 8:44 “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”

The bible says the devil was a murderer from the beginning. Wikipedia says that caffeine was also, a murderer from the beginning. Then it would be safe to assume, that whenever we consume caffeine, we are eating and drinking death. And quite possibly, the Devil.

....Death never tasted so good - by digitalinchrist@hotmail.com 

:)

lol ~ Beloved, I Think Water Or Wine May Be Just The Drink For You

Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.

For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.

Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for Elohim has received him. Romans 14:1-3 (NKJV)

~

:thumbsup:

I Love Coffee (Started Drinking It In March Of 1960 In The US Navy)

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. Genesis 1:29

And Coffee Loves Me

You shall serve the LORD your God, and he will bless your bread and your water, and I will take sickness away from among you. Exodus 23:25 (ESV)

Beloved The Problems I've Have Are Never Because Of The Coffee I Drink

it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.” Matthew 15:11 (ESV)

But With That Heart Of The Sinner Beating Deep Within Me

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Jeremiah 17:9 (KJV)

And Because Jesus Is My Heart Surgeon (Steady Hands Don't You Know) 

And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26 (ESV)

I'm In Love With My Wonderful

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Isaiah 42:1 (KJV)

God

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3 (KJV)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

The bible says the devil was a murderer from the beginning. Wikipedia says that caffeine was also, a murderer from the beginning. Then it would be safe to assume, that whenever we consume caffeine, we are eating and drinking death. And quite possibly, the Devil.

I just don't see it that way. For me caffeine is a pain killer. Good for my head aches. But of course if you feel wrong about then then don't use it.

Colossians 2:16-17 - Let no man therefore judge you in meat or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:  Which are shadows of things to come;  but the body is of Christ.

I am a diabetic but I will not take bible scriptures out of context to prove to others that sugar is sinful as has been done in the OP.

A lesson in rightly dividing scripture could do a world of good.

Is that your opinion?  Did Jesus not say he was the truth life and way?  Did Jesus not say the devil was a liar and there  was no truth in him?      Mathew 6:22 "The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light,"

I noticed that you went back and edited this post after I had already commented on it and you added in the last line in which I put in quote below in order to respond to it.

What exactly does that mean?

It is unrepentant sin that sends a person to hell not an untimely death, because of someone eating sugar or drinking coffee.

Did you read my OP  all the way? I had an aneurism and was unconscious in the hospital for months. During which time I saw some very dark and terrifying things. That does relate to the godless life I was living. And my unique sensitivity relates to caffeine, which I do believe caused me to have an aneurism. Since that time I have had much time on the shelf to read and research things. I apologize if that post sounded strange. Forgive my grammar, that what was wrote may have sounded like I said caffeine sent me to hell but that was not what I meant. Sin and being Godless no doubt did. Sin that lead to death. Its only by the grace of God that I am here alive right now telling any of this and not eternally condemned. But at the time it happened I did not believe sin existed. Nor that Jesus was real. I personally feel that caffeine sensitivity voided my free will and caused me to have a life of mental illness. Of course no one has to believe that, but there are many more in the world right now that battle mental illness everyday. I'm thinking this is what is really an eunuch, the autistics, the schizophrenics, born from the womb with a mental illness and different. They do not seek the things normal people do. Nor do they recognize the existence of sin. Can they be judged the same when they do not even know or consider sin? Can they have eternal life if they are born autistic and are hit by a bus at the age of 8 years old? Never truly knowing Christ.

I think it was that remark about defending addictions that made it not OK.....   I'll get over it.

Sorry brother, but please look at this with an open mind. Caffeine is truly a drug, and a very addictive drug at that. Jesus said not to tell your brother about the mote in his eye till you have removed the mote from your eye. I have battled with caffeine addiction, I did stop. I'm sharing my findings with everyone I know.

I just don't see it that way. For me caffeine is a pain killer. Good for my head aches. But of course if you feel wrong about then then don't use it.

To me that is a very interesting similarity, two things that were a murderer from the beginning. Caffeine does have analgesic properties (painkiller). I do not use it. I am telling others about the interesting things I have discovered about caffeine. No one has to believe that caffeine is associated with the devil. I personally know for a fact it is. But me saying that would only be considered my personal opinion. The information has been laid out in the article.  If one is consuming 10 cups of coffee a day and suffers no ill effects, this knowledge is not for them. If one has struggled with insomnia, panic attacks, depression, or other mental disorders, this information could be beneficial to them.