• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings septim

Welcome to Worthy.....well I guess you are right,you probably won't like Heaven.it may not be the place for you ,,,,there is going to be singing in  Praise to our Lord 24/7 & celebration ,dancing ,singing,excitement & just sheer joy in the Presence of God,,,,,,,you don't strike me as someone that would enjoy those things,,,,,more like the "lukewarm"folks that Jesus talks about.....but I don;t think you have to really worry about it because Jesus said that those that sit on the fence,neither hot or cold,,,,He will spit out of His mouth & won't know You either!!!

Sorry,I was just being sarcastic but not that I am not speaking Gods Truth to you.....you see,you do not have the Joy of the Lord in You...you sound so unhappy to me & I  would like nothing better than for you to be excited for Jesus because you know how much He loves you & for you to be thrilled with anticipation of Heaven.......Truly,I don't know your heart,I don't know if you are Saved or not but it is time for you to really find out.....time is running out Septim & there is no guarantee we will even love until the morning......so find out,it is between you & our Lord.......

When Christ lives in you,you can have a life more abundant ,right here & now,a Shadow of what is to come....I think if you experience that then you will have a real yearning for Heaven ,,,,seek God,go to Him,,,,,,,He will reveal Himself to you if you earnestly seek Him......there is no time than the present ,hurry ,don't risk your eternal life & by all means ,,,,,be either hot or cold

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I have a very simple question: Am I condemned to hell?

Now let me give you some information.  I grew up in church (I realize that this isn't entirely relevant) and accepted Christ's gift at an early age.  I followed him and now I don't. Not entirely, anyway. I do what is required of me albeit very unhappily. I still choose to accept this gift despite the fact that I would prefer another option. I don't want to go to heaven, but I don't want to be cast into hell more. So I ask again, Am I condemned to hell anyway?

First you dont have a choice.  You go where you belong.  There is no neutral party.  EVERYONE goes to one place or the other.

Choosing to accept a gift is different from receiving it.

1) learn how they did sacrifices in the OT.

Priests had to get an animal without blemish

Lay hands on the animal to pass sin to the sacrifice

Bleed the sacrifice to death because the atonement is in the blood.

2) relate this to Christ.

3) look at the differences between the two deeply.

4) understand jesus said "repent and believe" for an example read acts 10 and the end of the chpter shows people who have not spoken a word, prayed, be baptized or did a single good thing.  Instead it shows people repenting of their sin in heart and believing in heart and is why they received the holy spirit.  THERE IS NO OTHER WAY THAN THIS.

5) 1 john is a treasure chest and should be read carefully.  Example, 1 john 5:6 speaking of jesus water and his blood.  1 John 2:2 showing his sacrifice covered "not only our sin," meaning the church "but also the sin of the whole world".  

Growing up in church and believing in some way in God doesnt mean you're save.  On the contrary, Aarons sons believed in God but offered strange fire to God.  The result was that they were consumed by the fire of God.  In this manner its important to believe as the word says, dont be bias to any one belief and be very open minded to change if the evidence shows itself.  At the same time you have to be stubborn to change and PROVE it for your self.  Prove everything.  .  Just because 99% of people hold a certain view doesnt mean its right.  The bible says VERY FEW people will inherit life.  

Edited by Wildstar

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/09/1989

I ask you this, does Christ have your heart? Because if he doesn't, Satan does.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Now that's a downright spooky thought.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have a very simple question: Am I condemned to hell?

Now let me give you some information.  I grew up in church (I realize that this isn't entirely relevant) and accepted Christ's gift at an early age.  I followed him and now I don't. Not entirely, anyway. I do what is required of me albeit very unhappily. I still choose to accept this gift despite the fact that I would prefer another option. I don't want to go to heaven, but I don't want to be cast into hell more. So I ask again, Am I condemned to hell anyway?

I think only Jesus would know the answer to that question.....   We are instructed to love him with all our heart and soul and to love other people as ourselves.....     I don't recall anything about enjoying it, though that would not be anything I personally have experienced or had anyone express to me that considered themselves saved.

i find it rather disturbing that you don't want to go to heaven.....   for we have no inkling of an idea what God has in store for us.   He actually says that in the Bible.   I believe it says we can not conceive those things.

So I don't understand why you would reject heaven.   I think it would take some very deep conversation to get to the root of the reasons you feel the way you do, but to answer your question, none of us can know if you are saved or not.  None of us are the same and our walks are all different and there is no way to know where you are along that route.

It does bother me that you don't seem to have a real love of God, you seem more afraid of him, but that's just my first impression.   I'm wondering if you have truly been shown what/who he is.   I say that from my own childhood growing up in the Church of Christ and how I felt at age 18.

edited to add     I'm 67 now

Edited by other one

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Just a reminder hell is not a temp. thing. It is forever. You go in, you don't come out.

you said "i don't want to go to heaven, but i don't want to go to hell more". 

and i have to ask.... WHY do you not want to go to heaven? what is it about heaven that is undesirable to you?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/09/1989

Now that's a downright spooky thought.

Very much is.... We must repent and do all Christ asks of us but one thing the Bible regularly brings up is love. Love is more important than most things!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I followed him and now I don't.

Everyone who is not born again is condemned to hell, yes. There are "followers" and then there are those are who born again.

Matt 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

John 3:3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Eph 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Matt 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

I don't want to go to heaven, but I don't want to be cast into hell more.

A born again christian YEARNS for heaven, to the point where they call heaven their eternal home. A born again christian YEARNS to see Jesus.