M_B

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

America is Babylon in Revelations 18th chapter.  Also, the one third of the earth and of man being burned up is the entire Western Hemisphere.  That is the only way that can happen and still have the armies of the beast system be there for the battle at Armegeddon.

Also I point out that the second angel herald the destruction of Babylon inbetween the first angel carrying the everlasting gospel to all the world and the third angel; warning the world for taking the mark of the beast will be cast into the lake of fire. 

That means the destruction of Babylon is part of what serves as a catalyst for the New World Order to rise to the occasion.  The three angels sets up the coming trial that shall try all on the earth after the pre trib rapture because then no one will be without excuse for not knowing the gospel nor for not knowing the consequences for taking the mark.

So America & the entire Western Hemisphere is going to get burned up in setting the stage for the coming great tribulation.

I think it will be a literal city...such as NYC.  The feet of iron and clay representing a multinational government...such as the UN...headquarters in NYC, at least for now.

Believe in what the scriptures say.

jesse.

Scripture says: The woman whom you saw [babylon the Great] is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.” Rev 17:18

I believe it.  Check.

Hobbes.

The woman harlot was riding all the seven beasts starting with Egyt.

She is the spiritual woman; the temptress of all nations and tongues: with her delicacies.

Tempting with her luxuries and things made by mans hands,and also all false religions.

Serving the lust of the flesh.Babylon is the system of trade and commerce,and politics.

She does all the tempting. We are still today tempted by her delicaccies.

Dont hunger for things that perish,but things that last for ever,that the moth can not destroy.

jesse.

Its my understanding that the term "Babylon" is used to describe rebellion against God, or practicing ungodliness. The tower of Babel was built in order to keep from being scattered when God said to fill the earth. God came down and saw what they had built, confused their language, and they were scattered. Its believed that the tower of Babel was used as a center of all kinds of ungodliness. Years later Babylon likewise gained a reputation as a center of great ungodliness and the term "Babylon" became an easy reference for such a city. Referring to a city allegorically isn't uncommon as in Revelation 11:8.  Peter also did it in a likely reference to Rome in 1 Peter 5:13.  I know there are many interpretations of Mystery Babylon. Whatever your understanding, make sure it includes this: "And in her [babylon] was found the blood of prophets and of saints and of all who have been slain on the earth.” Revelation 18:24

A literal city, one that is steeped in great ungodliness, will be destroyed first.  Then those who persist in their rebellion against God will be destroyed last.  Both are Babylon.  The call to come out of Babylon after the city is destroyed in Rev 18 is a call to turn away from ungodliness.  Babylon the city will be destroyed near the midpoint of the seven year covenant.  Babylon the rebellion of ungodliness will receive the plagues of judgment and be destroyed at the return of Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,108
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I tend to think a bit more literal than do you.....    I really hope you are OK with that.

Other one.

Are you thinking of the physical babylon?

Yes of course there is the physical,like the nations and the cities etc.

If one lives according to the world;he is part of the world.

But we are not of the world; but we are in the physical world.

We dont join the world spiritually.

jesse.

Jesse,  I don't mean to sound disrespectful,  but your thought process is so foreign to me that it's difficult to respond to without sounding like I'm calling you a nut.  (that has been done to me btw).    

We just see things way way different, and that's ok with me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Hobbes.

The woman harlot was riding all the seven beasts starting with Egyt.

She is the spiritual woman; the temptress of all nations and tongues: with her delicacies.

Tempting with her luxuries and things made by mans hands,and also all false religions.

Serving the lust of the flesh.Babylon is the system of trade and commerce,and politics.

She does all the tempting. We are still today tempted by her delicaccies.

Dont hunger for things that perish,but things that last for ever,that the moth can not destroy.

jesse.

Brother Jesse,

There are two Babylons.  There is mystery Babylon; that one you are talking about and the daughter of Babylon; USA as in we shall make a name for ourselves Babylon of old as compared to "We the People..." of today Babylon 

I think it will be a literal city...such as NYC.  The feet of iron and clay representing a multinational government...such as the UN...headquarters in NYC, at least for now.

Brother Last Daze,

I can understand that if that was the only reference to identifying and describing Babylon but a city can be descriptive of a nation.

Revelations 18:15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing, 16 And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls! 17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off, 18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city! 19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

I would think describing ships staying away from the shores of this great nation where trade is given is applicable because then if it was just NYC, the world could still trade with America, and there would be no great loss over NYC.

Edited by Hobbes

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

Brother Last Daze,

I can understand that if that was the only reference to identifying and describing Babylon but a city can be descriptive of a nation.

Revelations 18:15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing, 16 And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls! 17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off, 18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city! 19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

I would think describing ships staying away from the shores of this great nation where trade is given is applicable because then if it was just NYC, the world could still trade with America, and there would be no great loss over NYC.

Hey Hobbes,

I can't think of Hobbes without thinking of Calvin.  Anyway...Can you point to a biblical precedent where the term "city" is used to describe a nation?  I'm not averse to the idea but I can't recall a nation being referred to as a city.  I do agree that there will be a new order in conjunction with the destruction of this city.  The 10 leaders will impose their NWO right as they destroy this city, however, their reign is brief (an hour) and then the false prophet hijacks their authority.  Three of the ten turn against the false prophet and he calls fire down from heaven, destroys them, declares himself to be God and starts his persecution of those who believe in Jesus.  As I see it.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Rev 18:24 - In her (Babylon) was found the blood of prophets and of the saints, and of all who have been killed on the earth.  This does not sound the the USA.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Hey Last Daze !!!

Seeing how Revelations is using symbolism, I would refer to how trade can still happen if NYC blew up.  The merchants of the sea would not need to stand afar off because of the plagues.  That is why I do not see the city as an actual city, but as a nation that merchants of the world would trade with.  All of USA trade is not solely limited to NYC and so it cannot be applied to NYC alone. See?

Rev 18:24 - In her (Babylon) was found the blood of prophets and of the saints, and of all who have been killed on the earth.  This does not sound the the USA.

In Christ

Montana Marv

This is true Montana, she caused all the wars,because of greed.

She can also cause wars amongs brothers because of greed.

jesse

In Christ

Montana Marv

Revelations 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. 8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. 9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. 12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. 13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

When Babylon falls after the pre trib rapture, then there will be the blood of saints and the prophets within, left behind for not being ready to go when the Bridegroom had come.

Why were these saints left behind?  Spiritual fornication.

Revelations 18:1And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. 2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. 3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. 6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. 7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. 8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her. 9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning, 10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come......23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. 24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

The church is to blame for teaching others to open themselves up to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils by seeking to receive the Holy Spirit "again" after a sign.

The way to avoid that iniquity is to narrow the way in how believers are to come to God the Father in worship, and that is by the only way of the Son.

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/183574-the-witnessing-role-of-the-holy-ghost-limits-our-worship/

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

In Christ

Montana Marv

No, it doesn't sound like the USA. It sounds like Jerusalem...

Matt.24

29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.

32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Something important to know about those our Lord Jesus pointed to there, the Kenites became the "scribes" over Israel. They were a people from the nations of the Canaan per Genesis 15.

And by the time of Christ's first coming then, even the priesthood had many foreigners of the nations mixed within it, the Nephanims of OT history, which were the bondservants of the nations of Canaan in Solomon's day per 1 Kings 20, that slowly worked their way into the priesthood, and returned to Jerusalem with the returning remnant of Judah after the 70 years Babylon captivity (Ezra 2; Ezra 8; Nehemiah).

So our Lord Jesus was not speaking of the seed of Judah with that, but to the crept in unawares of Jude 1. That's who was deceiving God's people in those days. Christ's direct association with symbolic titles like "serpents", a "generation of vipers", is in direct association with Satan's workings against God's people using paganism, idol worship, esotericism, mysticism, witchcrafts, etc.