tff

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Everyone one that is alive at this present time is in the valley of decision.  Each person has to decide on this side of life where they will spend eternity being heaven or the lake of fire.  There is no in between in which man can go and be held there until that decision can be finally made that is called purgatory and then later go on into eternity.  It just doesn't teach that in the Bible.  The decision has to be made in this life to accept Jesus Christ as the Saviour of the world and believe he died was buried and was raised from the dead.  Not confessing that truth on this side of life and rejecting Christ as your personal Saviour to take away your sins is also a decision.  But one thing for sure the decision to where one will spend eternity is made while there is still the breath of God left in our mortal bodies.  Once the breath of God is gone from our body there will not be another opportunity to decide our eternal destiny.  Nope there is no in betweens no purgatory after death.  Many are in that valley of decision as I reply to this post and each one has to decide for themselves if they want to accept Christ as their Lord and Saviour and receive the free gift of eternal life.  Or go on neglecting Christ rejecting him as the sacrifice of the world.  Thus remaining in their sins and disobedience having no hope of eternal life in heaven remaining children of wrath under the judgment of God as the lake of fire will be their eternal destiny forever.

There is no soul sleep, there is no purgatory and there is no permanent annilhilation of the wicked in the lake of fire.   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Openly Curious

.  But one thing for sure the decision to where one will spend eternity is made while there is still the breath of God left in our mortal bodies.  Once the breath of God is gone from our body there will not be another opportunity to decide our eternal destiny

Well said & the most important fact that everyone needs to be clear on!!!!!!                             With love -in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Christ opened the fifth seal after he arose. This means that after his resurrection there is no spiritual death and therefore no separation between the departed believer and the risen Lord, because Jesus said so. Those who are in hell are the only ones that are separated from him. The resurrection of the dead was initiated by Christ when he opened the tombs of the old covenant saints who were waiting in Abraham's Bosom (paradise) in Matthew 27:52-53. This became the fulfilment of the prophecy in Ezekiel 37:11-14 and Daniel 12:1-4.

The old covenant bride was taken with him and ever new covenant man and women would all proceed from life in the earthly body to life in the angelic bodies to be with The Lord. In Revelation of John the Holy Ghost declares blessed are the dead that die in The Lord from now on.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If you look into it's history i believe you will find it's roots in 2 Maccabees   which is not part of the Biblical Canon outside the Catholic Church.....     It's been a long time since I looked into being a catholic, but that's what remains in my memory.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Maybe this might help. Remember that guy on cross with Jesus, and um Jesus said today you will be with me in paradise. That means that guy went with Jesus. No in between. He went straight to heaven with Jesus.  :)

Guest shiloh357

Purgatory is a false doctrine because it requires sin to be paid for apart from the finished work of the cross. Purgatory denies sufficiency of the work of the cross.  The Bible says our sins were paid for on the cross.   When Jesus said it was finished, it means the work of redemption was accomplished and our sin debt was paid in full.   Thus purgatory would be antithetical to what Scripture tells us about when the work of redemption was completed.

Purgatory is a false doctrine because it requires sin to be paid for apart from the finished work of the cross. Purgatory denies sufficiency of the work of the cross.  The Bible says our sins were paid for on the cross.   When Jesus said it was finished, it means the work of redemption was accomplished and our sin debt was paid in full.   Thus purgatory would be antithetical to what Scripture tells us about when the work of redemption was completed.

:thumbsup:

As God Said Through Saint Peter

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things,

as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 1 Peter 1:18-19

~

Ever Wonder Why So Many Claim The Name Of Peter

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. 1 Peter 1-2

And Yet Refuse To Hear Him?

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 1 Peter 1:3

Yea, Me Too

To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation

ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:4-5

Guest Judas Machabeus

Purgatory is suppose to be a place where you are not good enough to go to heaven, but neither are you bad enough to go to hell.

19Duggarfan I think you might want to research your statement. You are factually incorrect on this.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Purgatory is suppose to be a place where you are not good enough to go to heaven, but neither are you bad enough to go to hell.

19Duggarfan I think you might want to research your statement. You are factually incorrect on this.

Might make a difference if you look at Catholic sites or not while doing your research......   just  FYI

Guest Judas Machabeus

I'm not going to debate the existence of Purgatory. But if someone is going to make a factual statement regarding the teachings of another faith I think that they should have their facts correct. And I would say going to the Catholic Church to see what the say on the topic is the correct course of action. Just regurgitating what others accuse them of believing does no one justice.

The reason why I bring this up is because while listening to an apologetics podcast they claimed that the Catholics added 13 books to the bible during the reformation when in fact Luther removed 7 books. Now when I listen to them I think " are they wrong about this too than"

I realize I'm the new guy on the block, but let's be honest in our discussions.