• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello

My wife and I have 4 children (blended family) they are all adults now ( late 20s-early 30s ).

they were all brought up in a Christian home going to a Christian church. About  10 years ago they each walked away from god over a 2 year period.

By the counsel of church leaders we cut of all contact with them except for occasional runins. Over the years I have been convicted that this was not the proper course

of action and have talked to my wife but she refuses to budge. I recently started to reconnect with 1 of my daughters but did this without my wife knowing.

I didn't feel right about this and told her and she became livid and called this a form of cheating. I told her that I believe god has told me to open the doors of communication

with my children.She is still really angry and we fight about this a lot. I know that If I try to talk to my pastors they will tell me that I am interfering in gods work.

I however disagree and told my wife these feelings and she is now talking of me being in step with the enemy and has talked of leaving me.

I don't know where to turn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Welcome TUK :)

Praying.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings TUK...

Welcome to Worthy......I really do want to talk with you about this but this is the "Welcome Forum",the place where you introduce yourself to our community & we greet & welcome you to this ministry......it is not the place for discussions or advice ,there are forums where you can staart your own thread to discuss your situation & you will get many responses,you are required to have 5 posts & then you can choose the appropriate forum...perhaps"Am I Alone",Need Advice"....or something like that,,,also "Prayer Request"

So,I want to encourage you to post this Topic as soon as you have 5 posts,you can accumulate them very quickly by replying to each of your welcomes,if you like...............I look forward to talking with you ,God Bless you                                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

TUK, welcome, feel for you - awful situation. Follow Kwik's advice  so you can get  help and dialog and guidance soon.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

What sort of church is this, if you don't mind me asking?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

Col 4:2  Continue in prayer and watch in it with thanksgiving,
Col 4:3  praying together about us also, that God may open to us a door of the Word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I also have been bound,
Col 4:4  that I may make it clear, as I ought to speak.
Col 4:5  Walk in wisdom toward those on the outside, redeeming the time.
Col 4:6  Let your speech be always with grace, having been seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.

Mat 28:19  Therefore go and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Mat 28:20  teaching them to observe all things, whatever I commanded you. And, behold, I am with you all the days until the end of the world. Amen

2Ti 3:16  All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

2Co 2:14  Now thanks be to God, who always causes us to triumph in Christ, and He revealing through us the odor of the knowledge of Him in every place.
2Co 2:15  For we are to God a sweet savor of Christ, in those being saved, and in those being lost;
2Co 2:16  to the one we are the savor of death to death, and to the other we are the savor of life to life. And who is sufficient for these things?
2Co 2:17  For we are not as many, hawking the Word of God; but as of sincerity, but as of God, we speak in Christ in the sight of God.

How, do we witness to the needy, the sick and the lost.....correct our brothers and sisters in Christ....without speaking to them, or having contact? I am praying for you brother....and your children.

God Bless,

Hip

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Sounds a bit cultic to me. Your church that is. You are the spiritual head of your home. Not your wife. Not your pastor. Your wife should be listening to you. You are in a sad situation. Lots of folks here can pray for you and listen as well. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Yes, what ayin said....

welcome.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

I agree with ayin jade and kwik.   Don't feel rejected by Worthy, do as kwik said and make 5 posts.  Then we can attack this together.  GBU

Guest Teditis

Hi and Welcome Tuk.  :th_wave:

I look forward to talking with you more about all of this...

meanwhile I'll be praying for you and your family