• Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Ozzy,

This is to me the church.

`Christ...Head over all things to the church, which is His body...` (Eph. 1: 22 & 23)

`...now God has set the members each one of them, in the body, just as He pleased........there are many members, yet one body..` (1 Cor. 12 18 & 20)

`Greet .... & .... my fellow workers....my fellow prisoners...those who are of the household of..... Greet one another...`  (Rom. 16)

`...holding fast to the Head from whom all the body, nourished & knit together by joint & ligaments, grows with the increase which is from God.` (Col. 2: 19)

Thus to me the `church,` is the Body of Christ, individuals set amongst others in their daily life, strengthening, encouraging, helping in every day activities. Man`s organisations that run meetings are only that - man trying to control the Body of Christ. Public meetings can be helpful but when they are made a prerequisite then they are trying to usurp the Holy Spirit`s life within the members.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Pray and visit. You will know when you feel at home.I am praying you find the courage to step out. It is hard when you haven't been to church in so long. God bless you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I would suggest finding one where people can admit they are wrong. I have a friend who is a minister and when I first met him he did something I thought was wrong. Next time I saw him which was on a camp for high school age kids (13-18yo) he got up and admitted he did the wrong thing, apologised and asked for forgiveness. That is a rare quality. In the future when I wasn't sure about things he did I didn't worry too much because I knew he would examine his actions and admit if he was wrong. See even if their beliefs are a bit off they are open to correction and learning the truth while many other churches are not.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

As some have said,you visit a church see how welcome you feel, go to another and then go back to each again to see if you feel the same welcoming spirit and if the message touches your heart. If you find a church where you are welcome and the message speaks to you again try it for a time to get the real feel. Prayer above all will open your heart to where God wants you to be.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

The Mormons? Aren't those the weird bearded men in the mountains of Utah? No, I said the church of Jesus Christ. I'm still looking for it myself. I don't want to join the church of Luther, or the church of the Catholics, or the church of King Henry VIII, or the church of whoever decides to throw one up somewhere, or the church of the non-denominational...... I want to join the church of Jesus Christ. If you find it, let me know so I can investigate it please.

Everyone that has accept Christ as their Lord and Savior is part of the church (body) of Jesus Christ.  His church does not have a specific building or an address.  Jesus tells us that when two or more are gathered in His name, He is there, which leaves the location wide open to anywhere in the world at any time.

May I suggest you change your tactics a bit and look for those who belong to Christ everywhere instead of trying to find one specific group of people that best represents the first gathering of followers.  You will find them in just about every denominational or nondenominational gathering there is.

As for my question, the Mormon church is called the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which is why I asked for clarification.

I want to join the church of Jesus Christ.

If you find it, let me know so I can investigate it please.

:thumbsup:

To Join The Church

One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Ephesians 4:5-7

Trust It's Head

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Beloved

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

So, so true, Joe,

Bless you for again pointing out the truth so simply & clearly.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The Mormons? Aren't those the weird bearded men in the mountains of Utah? No, I said the church of Jesus Christ. I'm still looking for it myself. I don't want to join the church of Luther, or the church of the Catholics, or the church of King Henry VIII, or the church of whoever decides to throw one up somewhere, or the church of the non-denominational...... I want to join the church of Jesus Christ. If you find it, let me know so I can investigate it please.

The Church is growing with the tares... no matter where and by name this church you seek is among the tares

and therefore will not be found without error within Her bounderies as the tares speak as though they were

wheat... when one comes directly from God in the cleaness of s(S)pirit with love and worship... (God will bind)

that heart with others that are His and is written as thus

Rom 8:15-17

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;

but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba,

Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that

we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs

of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with

him, that we may be also glorified together.

KJV

Notice the singularity of our spirit being witnessed to~ then as a

merging into a plurality of we are the children of God -> the

ever growing of awareness of family second born into the eternal

keeping of God... Love, Steven

Edited by enoob57

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

I would say find one that accepts the whole bible is true, one that finds God's promise was for as many as the Lord calls into the church until He comes again and we see Him face to face

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

I entrust the whole matter of church to God. Never had one since I left the Catholic church. My faith is that he will lead me to the right church when I am ready and when the time is right. My life is too short, my resources too little, and my heart too weary; simply can't afford to go looking for the right church on my own. Better to let God do the choosing and the timing. Much easier this way, and my satisfaction is guaranteed, because God will be the giver...