Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

"Therefore be on the alert", "you also must be ready", "you too, be ready", "keep on the alert".

The events of end times prophecy are going to happen exactly as foretold regardless of how we understand them.  All of the debating in the world will not alter how things will come to pass, yet, for some reason, we feel compelled to focus on that which we have no control over.  I feel it would be beneficial to us as brothers and sisters in Christ to discuss what it means for us to "be ready" since we are exhorted several times by our Lord to be so.

Some things that I see as helping us be ready regardless of how we understand prophecy include:

"See to it that no one misleads you." Matthew 24:4  Deception will abound and the only defense against it is truth.  God's word is truth and the Holy Spirit will guide us as we pray for understanding.  Specifically, regarding Christ's return, it will be as obvious as the lightning flashing across the sky.  It won't happen and you not know it.

“Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life..." Luke 21:34  This is a call to not be entangled in the affairs and ways of the world but rather to redeem the time.  This world is not our home and this life is temporary.

"But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ." Philippians 3:7  We can not become too attached to stuff, or status, or even family members if we are forced to decide between keeping that or following Christ.

I think that if these things reflect our perspective and activity that we will be ready and able to adapt to whatever the future holds in a way that is pleasing to Christ.  I understand that what people see as "being ready" will depend largely on what they expect to encounter but these three things should serve a believer well even outside the context of end times prophecy.  I'd be interested in hearing what others consider it to mean to "be ready".

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

God bless you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  3

What Does It Mean To "Be Ready?"

Luke 21:34-36 “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.
“For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.
Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

But that doesn't mean a pre-trib rapture prior to the tribulation. It's instead about the events on the Day of The Lord when Jesus comes to gather His Church and pour out His wrath upon the wicked. That idea of it coming "as a snare" is the same idea as His coming "as a thief". For the deceived His coming will be like a snare trap, they will be in shock because of not expecting it. In 1 Thess.5 these are the things Apostle Paul was talking about, because the "sudden destruction" is to come upon the deceived who will be saying, "Peace and safety" at the end. Our Lord Jesus wants us to stay focused on the events leading up to His coming, and not fall away to be counted among those deceived that His wrath will be upon. The hot firery furnace heated seven times hotter than necessary in Daniel 3 is our comparison of protection by Christ through His wrath upon the wicked on the Day of The Lord, which is the Day of His coming to gather His elect from the four winds.

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I hope it's alright if I weigh in.  I'm not really responding to a particular post, but to the title of the thread.  I'd also like to say upfront that I'm not a debater.  I don't have time for it and, personally, I've seen it cause more harm and division within the body of Christ, and harm to the cause of Christ outwardly, than any minute fraction of good that may have come from debating the rapture.  I am, however, always happy to answer questions and discuss things!  But, since this is not a salvation issue, there is some liberty, as well as grace, self-control and patience, that comes into play during discussions.  I'm much more interested in being found faithful in these fruits of the Spirit.  I would rather be blessed as a peacemaker, than fight to be right.

Also, I don't consider myself the last word, or an authority, on the subject.  I'm just a faithful and diligent student whose desire is only in the truth.

When I became a Christian almost 32 years ago, just over a year had past when I heard about the end times.  Boy, did I sit bolt upright when I did!  My attention wasn't going anywhere else!  Could this be real?  Could the world end?  I made the decision at that moment that I had to know the truth.  If the world was going to end, I wanted to know about it and what I could, or needed to, do.  Then I "heard" the Holy Spirit say (whether audibly or in my head, I don't know), "I've called you for the end times."

Only once before did I hear that voice (whether audibly or in my head, I don't know).  Shortly after I was saved, I heard the Holy Spirit say, "I've called you to be single."  Long story short, that proved to be true in my life.  And God provided richly for me to be able to live without a wife.  Looking back, I understand this calling on my life.

So, when I heard, "I've called you for the end times," I perked up.  I had no idea what it meant but it got my attention.  At that moment, a sense of urgency filled me and I physically gasped, like I heard something shocking and had to catch my breath.  So, I began my eschatological studies.  Ten years passed and I felt that sense of urgency hit me again... and I gasped.  It continued to happen, but the amount of time between each "sense of urgency" became shorter.  For the last two years, that sense of urgency hasn't gone away at all.  It's always there.  Time is short.  It's time to put away all foolishness, every worldly thing that has a hold on your life and surrender wholly to Jesus, letting the Holy Spirit finish the work He began in you.  What things of this world take you away from Jesus?  What takes your time?  Your devotion?  Your interest?  This is the time to examine yourselves.  Get right with God to be found unashamed at His coming.  Proclaim Jesus.  This is the message I've been given to spread. 

2 Timothy 2:21, "Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work."

Regarding the end times, I've studied diligently, and repeatedly, in fasting and prayer, for the last 30 years.  Several times I've laid aside everything I learned or thought I knew, any biases, and sought God fresh on it.  Not once has the outcome been different and not once have I swayed.  I am personally, 100%, unwaveringly convinced in a pre-tribulation rapture.  The imminency of the rapture has a sanctifying influence in believer's lives.  It's our hope.  And the tribulation period is a time of judgment on the wicked world and punishment for Israel.

I also do not believe in a "partial rapture" where only "Super Christians" will be raptured while the others are left behind.  Absolutely nothing in the scriptures supports that.  There isn't a single scripture that says any Christian will be left behind.

So, to answer the question in the title of this thread, "What does it mean to 'be ready?'"  It means to be a true, bible believing, born-again Christian.  If, through a repentant heart, you have obeyed the gospel by believing that Jesus died and rose again for your sins, you will not be left behind.

A good question, then, is this:  What are Christians to be doing while we watch and wait for the rapture?

2 Peter 3:14, "Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by HIm in peace, without spot and blameless."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Keith,

Nice to see you pop in here. Some very good & challenging thoughts there. Just a thought on debating - it is the wrong/bad attitude of the person debating that has caused damage not the topic itself. We are to contend for every aspect of Christ`s truths, His character & His purposes, & thus it has been down through the centuries. And it is a challenge to keep the right attitude when discussing end-times especially. There are very good moderators on Worthy as you would know & thus there is generally good discussion & listening to each other.

I personally believe that this topic - end-times is part of the last truth the Holy Spirit is bringing clarification of to the Body, & as He has led us thus far with previous truths - salvation, baptism, Holy Spirit gifts & ministries etc etc then we can look forward to greater revelation - clarification of scriptures on this great topic. For after all isn`t the end-times & beyond really about God`s great purposes.

I also don`t like to get too involved in pre-post trib. discussions for they go round in circles, but am hoping people will come to discuss God`s purposes which will make the details then very obvious.

Blessings, bro, Marilyn.

I hope it's alright if I weigh in.  I'm not really responding to a particular post, but to the title of the thread.  I'd also like to say upfront that I'm not a debater.  I don't have time for it and, personally, I've seen it cause more harm and division within the body of Christ, and harm to the cause of Christ outwardly, than any minute fraction of good that may have come from debating the rapture.  I am, however, always happy to answer questions and discuss things!  But, since this is not a salvation issue, there is some liberty, as well as grace, self-control and patience, that comes into play during discussions.  I'm much more interested in being found faithful in these fruits of the Spirit.  I would rather be blessed as a peacemaker, than fight to be right.

Also, I don't consider myself the last word, or an authority, on the subject.  I'm just a faithful and diligent student whose desire is only in the truth.

When I became a Christian almost 32 years ago, just over a year had past when I heard about the end times.  Boy, did I sit bolt upright when I did!  My attention wasn't going anywhere else!  Could this be real?  Could the world end?  I made the decision at that moment that I had to know the truth.  If the world was going to end, I wanted to know about it and what I could, or needed to, do.  Then I "heard" the Holy Spirit say (whether audibly or in my head, I don't know), "I've called you for the end times."

Only once before did I hear that voice (whether audibly or in my head, I don't know).  Shortly after I was saved, I heard the Holy Spirit say, "I've called you to be single."  Long story short, that proved to be true in my life.  And God provided richly for me to be able to live without a wife.  Looking back, I understand this calling on my life.

So, when I heard, "I've called you for the end times," I perked up.  I had no idea what it meant but it got my attention.  At that moment, a sense of urgency filled me and I physically gasped, like I heard something shocking and had to catch my breath.  So, I began my eschatological studies.  Ten years passed and I felt that sense of urgency hit me again... and I gasped.  It continued to happen, but the amount of time between each "sense of urgency" became shorter.  For the last two years, that sense of urgency hasn't gone away at all.  It's always there.  Time is short.  It's time to put away all foolishness, every worldly thing that has a hold on your life and surrender wholly to Jesus, letting the Holy Spirit finish the work He began in you.  What things of this world take you away from Jesus?  What takes your time?  Your devotion?  Your interest?  This is the time to examine yourselves.  Get right with God to be found unashamed at His coming.  Proclaim Jesus.  This is the message I've been given to spread. 

2 Timothy 2:21, "Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work."

Regarding the end times, I've studied diligently, and repeatedly, in fasting and prayer, for the last 30 years.  Several times I've laid aside everything I learned or thought I knew, any biases, and sought God fresh on it.  Not once has the outcome been different and not once have I swayed.  I am personally, 100%, unwaveringly convinced in a pre-tribulation rapture.  The imminency of the rapture has a sanctifying influence in believer's lives.  It's our hope.  And the tribulation period is a time of judgment on the wicked world and punishment for Israel.

I also do not believe in a "partial rapture" where only "Super Christians" will be raptured while the others are left behind.  Absolutely nothing in the scriptures supports that.  There isn't a single scripture that says any Christian will be left behind.

So, to answer the question in the title of this thread, "What does it mean to 'be ready?'"  It means to be a true, bible believing, born-again Christian.  If, through a repentant heart, you have obeyed the gospel by believing that Jesus died and rose again for your sins, you will not be left behind.

A good question, then, is this:  What are Christians to be doing while we watch and wait for the rapture?

2 Peter 3:14, "Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by HIm in peace, without spot and blameless."

Sounds like your being honest, however, the events of the end will occur how God's Word says as written, and that's what those who hear 'voices' are supposed to use to verify. So for my choice, I choose to listen to my Heavenly Father and His Son in His Holy Writ instead of your 'voice' you heard. There is such a thing as evil spirits too ya know, and God will use them to test His people with, as He did in Old Testament history also. If that 'voice' be from God, then it will completely align with God's Holy Writ. Problem is, the pre-trib rapture idea does not align with His Holy Writ, Matt.24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 are just two Scriptures He gave that proves what I said.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

The Bible says repeatedly that Christ comes "as a thief."

That is, when the world is not expecting it.

Being ready is to be like the five wise virgins who were ready

to meet the bridegroom... not the five foolish who were not.

Yeah, and the Pre-trib Rapture school also used to preach the first one 'taken' in Luke 17 was to Christ Jesus, trying to show that as proof for a rapture prior to the tribulation. Christ's Message there, especially with His answer in the last verse there to His Apostle's question of "where" those first ones taken would be taken, totally destroys any idea of that being about His gathering of His Church.

As usual, those spiritually 'drunken' on man's religion instead of staying in God's Word line upon line, trap their selves with that 'taken' preaching, showing they haven't really read and understood our Lord Jesus' Message of warning He gave there at the end of Luke 17. That should be enough to fathom how the Pre-trib Rapture school are blind leaders of the blind.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Sounds like your being honest, however, the events of the end will occur how God's Word says as written, and that's what those who hear 'voices' are supposed to use to verify. So for my choice, I choose to listen to my Heavenly Father and His Son in His Holy Writ instead of your 'voice' you heard. There is such a thing as evil spirits too ya know, and God will use them to test His people with, as He did in Old Testament history also. If that 'voice' be from God, then it will completely align with God's Holy Writ. Problem is, the pre-trib rapture idea does not align with His Holy Writ, Matt.24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 are just two Scriptures He gave that proves what I said.

And you should go by scripture.  Always.  When I heard, "I've called you for the end times," it was meant for me, not anyone else.  It's not meant to prove, or disprove anything.  It was the Holy Spirit speaking with me.  How do I know it was the Holy Spirit?  1) Because there's precedent in the Bible for God doing this.  And God doesn't change.  And 2) because the events of my life, in hindsight, have prepared and trained me for those I'm called to reach right now.  It's proven true in my life.  My life bears the fruit of it being from Him.  It doesn't require anyone else to believe in it or not. 

The problem with your statement is that you say your belief of a post-tribulation rapture is proven in God's Word, and thus nullifying my experience in the above paragraph because of what YOU think.  You are fully entitled to believe in a post-tribulation rapture.  That's your perogative.  I won't debate the issue because I've never seen anyone ever change their mind on the issue.

So, then it's good to know that, according to you, my life has been influenced by devils... despite the good fruit and God being glorified.  It's good to know where you stand.

And you should go by scripture.  Always.  When I heard, "I've called you for the end times," it was meant for me, not anyone else.  It's not meant to prove, or disprove anything.  It was the Holy Spirit speaking with me.  How do I know it was the Holy Spirit?  1) Because there's precedent in the Bible for God doing this.  And God doesn't change.  And 2) because the events of my life, in hindsight, have prepared and trained me for those I'm called to reach right now.  It's proven true in my life.  My life bears the fruit of it being from Him.  It doesn't require anyone else to believe in it or not. 

The problem with your statement is that you say your belief of a post-tribulation rapture is proven in God's Word, and thus nullifying my experience in the above paragraph because of what YOU think.  You are fully entitled to believe in a post-tribulation rapture.  That's your perogative.  I won't debate the issue because I've never seen anyone ever change their mind on the issue.

So, then it's good to know that, according to you, my life has been influenced by devils... despite the good fruit and God being glorified.  It's good to know where you stand.

What I declared per God's Word against the idea of a pre-trib secret rapture has nothing to do with what I think. The times and the seaons leading up to our Lord Jesus' second coming are well written in His Word, those Matt.24 and Mark 13 examples I mentioned being 'direct statements' from our Lord Jesus to show His coming and gathering of His sainst is after... the tribulation, not before it.

Thus your vain attempt at a credibility attack towards me only confirms to me that the spirit you are listening to is not The Holy Spirit, but another spirit. And just so you know, signs and miracles are done by Satan and his hosts too!