• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

Revelation 6:2. First seal opened says Jesus went out on a white horse conquering and to conquer. ( I assume it was Jesus). What did he go out to conquer?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Theologians have placed Christ as the rider of the white horse, because He will come on a white horse.  Yet, there is no indication outside of personal theology that Jesus is that rider, so I do not agree that He is, without a question, the rider in the First Seal.  To me, Jesus does not have to conquer anything, it all belongs to Him anyway.  If all is His, what would be the reason?

As for your question, all we have is our imagination as to what can be conquered.  Perhaps it means kingdoms and nations, perhaps it is hunger and sickness.  Scripture is silent in what it means.

Revelation 6:2

And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

Revelation 19:11

Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.

Yet, we also read that those who are with Him at His coming will also ride a white horse.

Revelation 19:17

And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Revelation 6:2. First seal opened says Jesus went out on a white horse conquering and to conquer. ( I assume it was Jesus). What did he go out to conquer?

My two dollars says this is NOT our Lord, but rather wolves in sleeps clothing (false christs). They are conquering lost souls.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

My two dollars says this is NOT our Lord, but rather wolves in sleeps clothing (false christs). They are conquering lost souls.

How do you get that from the scriptures posted so far? Do you have any other scriptures that may point towards this?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

I believe the seals represent time spans already begun quite some time ago and still running - with today, our times, nearing the end of the black horse phase with all it's unsolvable problems (the land being in darkness = troubles / no solutions to the multi pronged problems of todays world until the pale horse = false prophet comes with those "pre engineered answers").

I believe the white horse represents false Christianity spread by the sword, if we know our history then we know that this did occur & many nations were indeed conquered "In  the Name of Christ" & at the tip of a sword.  

Edited by Serving

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I believe the rider of the white horse in Rev. 6:2 to be the antichrist.  Notice he is given a bow, no arrows, and is sent out to conquer.  The A/C will conquer the world without firing a shot.  Strictly opinion.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

The white horse symbol... both in Rev 6 and in Rev 19... is interesting.

God's anointed, Cyrus [isaiah 45:1-7, Isaiah 44:28, Ezra 1] who conquered

ancient Babylon, liberated Israel and decreed the rebuilding of the temple...

was king of the Medes/Persians. White horses were sacred to the Persians.

White horses were used in Persian grand processions and taken into battle.

Cyrus took white horses with him in his war campaign against Babylon.

According to the ancient Greek historian, Herodotus, it was an incident with

one of Cyrus' white horses that gave Cyrus the brilliant idea to divert the

water of the Euphrates river at Babylon so his troops could secretly invade

Babylon by going under Babylon's wall along the river bed. This historic event

is symbolized in Rev 16:12.

Edited by Cyrus

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

However, the white horse and its rider example suggesting the 1st Seal in Rev.6 is about the coming Antichrist mimicing Christ's coming, for our Lord Jesus comes on a white horse as written in Rev.19.

Revelation 6 is a parallel to the signs our Lord Jesus gave in His Olivet Discourse of Matthew 24 and Mark 13. One of the first signs He gave there was to not allow any man to deceive us. That's also the first sign given in Revelation 6 about the rider on the white horse, although it does not say it is the 1st Seal, and rightly so, because the Antichrist definitely will not come until a later seal.

One of the things Bible study in all of God's Word with His help does, is allow The Holy Spirit to show us all of God's Plan of Salvation weaved together as a whole, even of what Satan originally did to cause his fall, and how that Wicked One has ever since been trying to establish a copy of God's Kingdom here on earth through the generations of mankind. There's only one true, real perfect monarch rule, and that is God's Kingdom with His Son as our KING.

I guess since many brethren aren't all that well studied in all of God's Word, and lot of the preachers out there don't consider much about this kingdom establishing scenario by Satan, they probably won't recognize the coming false king to Jerusalem that will set himself up there in place of God, demanding all to bow to him in worship (2 Thess.2; Matt.24:23-26; Rev.13:11 forward).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Pamelasv,

We need to look at the symbols & then other scriptures telling us who these 4 horsemen are. Spock has a thread on this & shows from Zechariah 6 these 4 horsemen. I`ll just say a bit here as I am writing more on the other thread concerning the 4 horsemen.

Revelation 6:2

`And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.`

Notice it was given `a crown.` In scripture a crown has to do with Political authority. This group have a sovereign that reigns over them. Notice the other groups (horses) do not have a crown. Important bit of info. there.

Not Christ as He has `many crowns,` & is the one opening the judgment scroll. Not the anti-Christ as He is yet to come in the unfolding revelation.

The `conquering & to conquer,` without being armed, is `peacefully,` `democratically,` speaking of `disarmament.`

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

How do you get that from the scriptures posted so far? Do you have any other scriptures that may point towards this?

Mostly common sense Fez. I deducted it is probably not CHRIST because CHRIST is opening the seals and I doubt the first seal means he went forth conquering.mdoes that make sense?

Because this is coming out of the book of revelation and the seals, trumpets, and bowls are judgments, I deducted this is not a good thing either. CHRIST conquering is a very good thing. Doesn't fit In my opinion.