IGNORED

How many (or few) people will actually make it to heaven?

alisonm328

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

John 10:9, 26-28. NKJV I am the door, if any man enter by Me he shall be saved, and will go in and out, and will find pasture.

But you do not believe because you are not my sheep, as I said to you, My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

The church is not the door--Jesus Christ is. You don't trust in a church for your salvation. You trust in Christ's sacrefice on the cross for your sins. He purchased you and redeemed you with His blood. When you begin to recognize His voice and follow Him, walking in the Spirit, you will know you are saved. When you have His Holy Spirit in you crying Abba, Daddy, you will know you are saved. When your first desire is His Kingdom and His righteousness, you will know.

It is all about your daily relationship with God. This is noourished in most evangelical churches. But anywhere the Word of God is read and preached you can find truth. And reading God's Word at home on a regular basis is also helpful to growing more like Jesus. Eph. 5:26 Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for Her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the Word.

All who have truly turned away from their sinful lives and turned to Christ for forgiveness are born again. Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is a GIFT of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Romans 6:23 The wages of sin is death, but the GIFT of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Getting acquainted with God and His Word is the best way to learn if a church is teaching the truth. However, the truth is harder to find in churches that hide it in a lot of stuff that is not in the Bible. For that reason I would avoid the Catholic church and cults like Jehovah's withnesses and Mormons, which add to and twist God's word with their own books and traditions. Jesus Himself is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

In revelation we are told of a great multitude from every tribe and nation. So there will be many, perhaps based on the total number of people over the entire course of time it will still be a small percentage, but yet a large number all the same.

I hope so!

You don't have to hope, just believe God's Word.

Revelation 7:After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation belongs to our God,

who sits on the throne,

and to the Lamb.”

God bless you sister.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

10,000 X 10,000 +1,000's of 1,000's That is a whole lot of people.. praise God. The real number known only to the Father.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

If you "...confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9 ESV

28 And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?” 29 Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:28-31 ESV

If your concentration is on loving God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength, and you are loving others, then you will most likely find that your fears of getting in to Heaven will change to anticipation of going to Heaven.

Edited by Blue Moon

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

More people than most think - IMO.  I trust God loves his children.  I also trust God has infinite compassion and charity.  Where we eventually next reside, is contingent upon our organizing the content of our spirits - electrons/photons in a manner that will survive the conditions of the next existence.  Choices in this life are pre-requisites and work to arrange the contents of our souls, to be suited, for our afterlife.  Where, how many, and the environment presented to man, reside in God's purview.  I do not question his authority and decision making - as I lack the intellect.  I look forward to reuniting with my Heavenly Father.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Where we eventually next reside, is contingent upon our organizing the content of our spirits - electrons/photons in a manner that will survive the conditions of the next existence.  Choices in this life are pre-requisites and work to arrange the contents of our souls, to be suited, for our afterlife.  Where, how many, and the environment presented to man, reside in God's purview.

What? Please explain. ...content of our spirits....electrons/photons.........survive the conditions of the next existence...............arrange the contents of our souls..........where, how many, and the environment presented to man...........

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

More people than most think - IMO.  I trust God loves his children.  I also trust God has infinite compassion and charity.  Where we eventually next reside, is contingent upon our organizing the content of our spirits - electrons/photons in a manner that will survive the conditions of the next existence.  Choices in this life are pre-requisites and work to arrange the contents of our souls, to be suited, for our afterlife.  Where, how many, and the environment presented to man, reside in God's purview.  I do not question his authority and decision making - as I lack the intellect.  I look forward to reuniting with my Heavenly Father.  

Interesting choice of wording.  "Choices in this life", meaning good works?  Does Jesus fit into this list of choices you see?

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

No church or ideology will get you into Heaven.  Confess your belief in Jesus and repent of your sins.  He has promised you everlasting life if you follow Him.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/24/1975

Hey Sis,

Good question. First you need to just ask God to lead you to where He wants you.

Denominations are not even scriptural. I personally belong to Jesus not a religion or doctrine. 

Those who will enter through Jesus are the ones who will be saved. Through Jesus, not based on works, customs, traditions, idols etc.

Faith in Christ that He died and rose again and lives today seated at the right hand of God awaiting His commission to return. Only the Father knows when.

Don't worry about such things, examine yourself daily to see you are in the faith, worship the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul mind strength and body and do your best to love people as Jesus loves us. 

Fear not, only trust.

Bless you!

-Will

Edited by Will M

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Will

Welcome to Worthy.......nice post,Amen brother!                                                    With love in Christ,Kwik