LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Is it just me? Or maybe it is because I am getting old? But it seems that the weather is getting more intense. I remember being a kid, and in the winter time we would normally have 1 good snow storm or blizzard that would close school down for a day or 2. But lately  here it seems like we are having a snow storm every other week. And they are more powerful then ever. It feels to me like it is a build up to something to come. Like the earth is winding down. Anyone else feel this way? Or am I just imagining things?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Without doubt I recall big snow storms as a child, however I know the earth is beginning or should I say the groaning has become more intense. I believe ALL nature is waiting for something momentous to occur and is " feeling" the imminence of that waited for event, just as we who are waiting for our Lord to come. ( as nature even earth, is waiting.)

However, The nations of the world are turning their backs on Israel and Almighty God - is any wonder that God punishing us? Trying to get our attention and the leaders are not paying attention...they have their own agenda.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1959

Winding down or warming up

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Is it just me? Or maybe it is because I am getting old? But it seems that the weather is getting more intense. I remember being a kid, and in the winter time we would normally have 1 good snow storm or blizzard that would close school down for a day or 2. But lately  here it seems like we are having a snow storm every other week. And they are more powerful then ever. It feels to me like it is a build up to something to come. Like the earth is winding down. Anyone else feel this way? Or am I just imagining things?

Goes in cycles.  In Greenland they used to graze cattle where there is only ice and snow.

The earth is not winding down.  It will keep going until God decides to close that chapter.

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 18He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.…  Colossians 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I remember big storms as a kid, in the 60s and 70s. Its nothing new.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I remember big storms as a kid, in the 60s and 70s. Its nothing new.

same here, I think we have become less tolerant of it. A few weeks ago school was canceled in the city I work in because it was too cold and they didn't think it was safe for kids to be walking to school and waiting for buses when it was -1.I don't remember school being canceled when I was a kid because it was cold. I am in New England and we have cold winters here...always have.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,718
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Where I'm at the storms are far milder then they were 5 years ago not alone 20+. Weather changes around the globe in some places its worse others better. Hard to say "the end is coming" when your basing your predictions around local weather.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

We are seeing sunshine breaking through the clouds today for the first time in weeks of socked in fog and low clouds. But there is plenty of time for another arctic front to drop down here. I am just enjoying being able to see a shadow and feel some warmth.

Our cold days are coming earlier in Nov. and Dec. For the last few years our Januarys have become a little milder. It is interesting. I still think that ash heavy volcano eruptions have an impact, as does the enlarging of the Sahara, do to wars and destruction of the land, impact the hurricanes.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Argh...I know what you are talking about...living on the East coast, currently, in Nova Scotia, we can have so much gray weather in winter you forget what

color the sky is...and plenty of fog rolling in with the tide (close to the Bay of Fundy)

Glad you are finally 'seeing the light'  cool_20.png We actually have a cloudless and brilliant blue sky today and about 4 feet of snow...

The ash does have an effect...it also gives glorious color to sunsets thousands of miles away

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

John3:8

The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can’t tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can’t explain how people are born of the Spirit.”

I was saying the same thing this afternoon and find this winter very intense !