Welcome :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

A few weeks ago she came to me and told me that she feels rejected because I am not intimate with her. I told her my faith convicts me to save myself for marriage. She understood but still felt like she was being rejected.

She keeps telling me I need to stop pushing her to my faith and let her come to it on her own. 

There is a passage in the gospels that tells us after having shared the gospel (good news) with an unbeliever it is then up to them to decide whether or not to except it and believe the message. If they do... great! If not, not to make a huge issue of it and try to force them to do so. Move on. Its not our job to make them see as we do. Only the holy spirit can convince a person of the truth. All you can do is pray for them.

It is very disheartening per your post here that in a passive aggressive way, she is demanding that you prove your love for her by asking you to do something you know is not right. This isn't love, but romantic love that desires to be instantly gratified. Real love does not need to be proved. It is known without a shadow of a doubt. If she loves you, she will be willing to wait till marriage just as you are willing to wait till marriage.

Being intimate before marriage will NOT improve the relationship. Just the opposite, it will hinder it. And so will being unequally yoked. You will both be at odds with each other in many areas of the relationship. Both of you pulling in opposite directions or the believer sadly compromises his or her faith and falling away from Christ in order to satisfy the unbeliever's desires.

Per your post, my opinion is that it would be best if you broke the relationship off and moved on.  

Praying~!

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:24-26

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Welcome to Worthy!! The question is ...will your walk with Jesus grow stronger with her in your life or will you be pulled into her life and ways. God has someone for you...it just may not be her.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,582
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

Hello and welcome to Worthy!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Welcome. :) (Is it ok to respond to the post now that it appears he has 6 posts?).

I'm still learning the rules myself. :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

I could probably relate to your circumstance as I'm married to an unbeliever. Although my husband is a wonderful man, when it comes to spiritual matters both of us cannot be in one mind or perspective with regards to God. In my case, I was a Hindu but after doing much seeking I accepted Christ sometime in year 2002/2003.. Can't remember. Nevertheless I got married to my bf who is now my husband. (Unfortunately, christian guys failed me) but that's besides the topic. I would advice you to not be equally yoked with someone who is not in one mind And spirit with you. Everything would feel nice and spice when you're dating but once you come together in marriage, that's where the deal starts. I myself have backslided many times due to circumstances and my own disobedience of not waiting on the Lord. And please do not ever ever give in to doing something that is clearly a sin. If there isn't any way, then the best is to breakup than be consumed by fire. At the end, if both of you are meant for each other, it will take place.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I can completely relate. My ex wife believed in God but didnt follow Him. Towards the end of our marraige, my faith grew stronger and she drifted further. Its a really long story but the short of it, I prayed and prayed and prayed and in the end, I was to seperate from her. We were terribly unevenly yoked. And now, Christ has done so much more in my life and I am the closest to Him I have ever been.

Tanusha put it very well.

"If there isn't any way, then the best is to breakup than be consumed by fire. At the end, if both of you are meant for each other, it will take place."

God Bless,

Proof

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Yup metavow...so there you go...Answers from some of us whom you could learn from.

Edited by Tanusha