• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 3/6/2020 at 9:06 PM, Retrobyter said:

Also, this thread was started almost 5 years ago by our brother Omegaman. I haven't asked him, but I believe that he's satisfied that the discussion has been continuing this long.

It is good I think Retro, that people want to discuss the topic, as long as it is civil, and scripture centered, not imagination centered, I am good with it!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven

Since I just posted a little commentary of sorts elsewhere on the first 14 verses (I think it was) of Matthew 24, it got me looking around a bit, and I found this old thread. Unlike my 14 verses post, this one I knew would be somewhat controversial. It went about 15 pages, then died an honorable death, lol.

Replying in it now, is just my lame attempt to raise awareness of the larger topic for those who are not aware of these things, not that I want to debate it at the moment, have had enough debate recently for a while. However, I realize I might be reopening a can of worms. Fresh worms make the best bait, and we are fishers, after all!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

In my view, the profit in these discussions is that it may renew and invigorate a study of scripture and perhaps challenge are pre-conceptions. To examine, why we believe a thing and then look anew at other possibilities.

I've been in this a long time and this is still the case for me. Actually more so than in days past.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven

25 minutes ago, Alive said:

In my view, the profit in these discussions is that it may renew and invigorate a study of scripture and perhaps challenge are pre-conceptions. To examine, why we believe a thing and then look anew at other possibilities.

I've been in this a long time and this is still the case for me. Actually more so than in days past.

I think that is absolutely correct. We should be Bereans and study to see if these things are so, always challenging our preconceptions, always willing to learn. I hope we all can. With study, prayer, and the help of the Spirit, I am confident we will!

• Praise God! 1