• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

Acts 28:30-31

And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

When I have been researching this one of the verses I come upon was these verses. This verse says Paul was preaching the kingdom of God. To me, that's no different than saying gospel of the kingdom. What is preaching? I thought it was proclaiming the good news or the gospel. So what Gospel was Paul proclaiming or preaching???? the kingdom of God? Can you explain the error you believe I have made in this thinking? 

Firestormx,

I think we can all agree that the Holy Spirit has chosen His words carefully throughout Scripture, and even the difference between singular and plural can establish doctrine.  So while Paul was preaching, teaching, and expounding "the Kingdom of God" the Holy Spirit chose to avoid calling the Gospel "the Gospel of the Kingdom" from the time of the crucifixion.  Why?

1. The King had been crucified and was now seated on His throne at the right of the Father, waiting for the appointed time to return to earth.

2. The King had been rejected and judgment would soon come upon Israel in 70 AD, and Jerusalem and the Temple would be destroyed.  The Jews would then be scattered to the four corners of the earth until the Second Coming.

3. The literal kingdom of Israel had been postponed, and now the Gospel was being preached to both Jews and Gentiles so that the Church would be established.

4. The literal Kingdom of God would only be established on earth after the Millennium.

So when we read that Paul was preaching "the Kingdom of God" it means that he was giving his hearers not only the Gospel of the Grace of God, but the whole counsel of God, including the fact that during the Church Age the Kingdom of God would not be externally visible, but would certainly be established at the appointed time. Everything in the epistles pertains to the Kingdom of God, including the fact that believers are the Church and a Royal Priesthood, that there will be a Rapture/Resurrection, and many other New Testament truths. In brief, all NT truth pertains to the Kingdom of God, which will eventually be established on earth but is presently in the hearts and minds of believers.

Thank you for so clearly expressing your point of view in answering my question. I will prayerfully consider your understanding of this, as I pray that God's truth on this be illuminated to me.  To be honest I have started to view the doctrine that most churches teach as incomplete. To use an example it would be like this, if the true Gospel we are suppose to be preaching is a house, then the Gospel of salvation would be the door, while the Gospel of the kingdom would be the whole house. I will consider your words and understanding and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

My question to you all is, Do you read and understand a difference between these 2? If not, How do you read and understand them?  If you do read a difference, then what differences do you see?

The simplest way to understand this is that when Jesus of Nazareth came to Israel, He came as their Messiah-King.  Therefore as long as He was on earth, it was "the Gospel of the Kingdom", and even there this phrase occurs only in Matthew and Mark. 

After the King was rejected and crucified, it was no longer the Gospel of the Kingdom.   But at its core it was the Gospel of Salvation by grace through faith in the Person and finished work of Christ, which is the Everlasting Gospel.

At the same time, Jesus said that "the Kingdom of God is within you", and therefore you will find "the Kingdom of God" (the rule of Christ over the Church) mentioned over and over again in the epistles. This Kingdom is presently invisible ("my Kingdom is not of this world"), but will be established as a visible Kingdom at the beginning of the Millennium, and will remain for eternity.

For a summary, That ^ is spot on. But maybe i can expound on it.. The best way to explain this IMO is to use the book of Matthew as that is the only book containing the words "the kingdom of heaven"

This is the gospel presented to the Jews, when their Messiah, Jesus had come. This is what Matthew 5-7 was about. They were being offered the kingdom - the physical earthly kingdom. As prophecied, Christ was rejected but the blindness of Israel didn't totally occur until the end of Acts 28. (yes Acts did "end" lol) The kingdom of God however is defined in Romans 14:17, as it was mentioned already... but it can also refer to the kingdom of heaven if i remember rightly...but i don't so ill shut up about it.. But i do know that the gospel of the kingdom was for the Jews, Matthew 10:5-6 for salvation is of the Jews John 4:22

There are no Christians before Jesus was crucified everything BEFORE the cross of Christ is doctrinally Old Testament (Hebrews 9) Jesus fulfilled the Law.

Acts is widely known as a transition book, from Jews to Gentiles. Thats when the gospel of grace is preached... I should find those scriptures but i aint gonna so i should have just shut up about it...

I'll just wait till someone challenges me lol just kiddin' bro

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi firestormx,

Good question & discussion. Your summary was interesting & I thought InSeasonOut had some good points. Now I was taught that the kingdom of God is over all & within that there are different areas for different groups. Thus there is the `good news` (gospel) to the Jews, to the Nations & to the Body of Christ.

Israel was waiting for the rule of Heaven, (kingdom) so that they would rule over the nations. That is why Jesus spoke to them about it & that that message would be preached again in the tribulation before He comes. Thus leading into the Millennium when Israel will rule over the nations.

For the Body of Christ, the `good news` is that we are being made like Christ, & will go to rule & reign with Him in the heavenlies.

Marilyn. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Ezra.

And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

Acts 28:30-31

And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

When I have been researching this one of the verses I come upon was these verses. This verse says Paul was preaching the kingdom of God. To me, that's no different than saying gospel of the kingdom. What is preaching? I thought it was proclaiming the good news or the gospel. So what Gospel was Paul proclaiming or preaching???? the kingdom of God? Can you explain the error you believe I have made in this thinking? 

Firestormx,

I think we can all agree that the Holy Spirit has chosen His words carefully throughout Scripture, and even the difference between singular and plural can establish doctrine.  So while Paul was preaching, teaching, and expounding "the Kingdom of God" the Holy Spirit chose to avoid calling the Gospel "the Gospel of the Kingdom" from the time of the crucifixion.  Why?

1. The King had been crucified and was now seated on His throne at the right of the Father, waiting for the appointed time to return to earth.

2. The King had been rejected and judgment would soon come upon Israel in 70 AD, and Jerusalem and the Temple would be destroyed.  The Jews would then be scattered to the four corners of the earth until the Second Coming.

3. The literal kingdom of Israel had been postponed, and now the Gospel was being preached to both Jews and Gentiles so that the Church would be established.

4. The literal Kingdom of God would only be established on earth after the Millennium.

So when we read that Paul was preaching "the Kingdom of God" it means that he was giving his hearers not only the Gospel of the Grace of God, but the whole counsel of God, including the fact that during the Church Age the Kingdom of God would not be externally visible, but would certainly be established at the appointed time. Everything in the epistles pertains to the Kingdom of God, including the fact that believers are the Church and a Royal Priesthood, that there will be a Rapture/Resurrection, and many other New Testament truths. In brief, all NT truth pertains to the Kingdom of God, which will eventually be established on earth but is presently in the hearts and minds of believers.

Actually, it would be helpful to discover that “preaching” means “HERALDING."

NT:2784 keerussoo (kay-roos'-so); of uncertain affinity; to herald (as a public crier), especially divine truth (the gospel):

KJV - preacher (-er), proclaim, publish.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

So, when Paul said that he “preached the Kingdom of God,” he was saying that he was HERALDING the coming of the Kingdom!

This is ANOTHER one of those words that have changed their meaning down through time!

We need to get OUT of this mindset of the “now of the Kingdom!” While it is okay to consider ourselves subjects for His Kingdom, it is quite in error to say that the Kingdom currently exists!

Frankly, we have forgotten that “gospel” means “good news.” Can we have more than one "gospel?” Well, can we have more than one news flash about good things happening? This is ALSO why it is dangerous - even deadly - to allow simple words to take on the status of a LABEL!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I am finding this discussion interesting. Thanks for starting it, and thanks to those expressing their insights and opinions.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,466
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,802
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Simplistically the difference between the two is the completeness of the thought process.

Gospel of Salvation is part of the entirety of the picture -- whereby everyone that comes to salvation is part of the "Kingdom of God".

The Gospel of the Kingdom is the complete understanding that God is restoring ALL THINGS and what Yeshua (Jesus) did in his first advent -- but will be fully completed at His second advent.

Remember that Yeshua instructed his disciples to pray --  Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done!

What Kingdom is coming?

Act 1:6  So when they had come together, they asked him, "Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?"
Act 1:7  He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority.
Act 1:8  But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

Act 3:12  And when Peter saw it he addressed the people: "Men of Israel, why do you wonder at this, or why do you stare at us, as though by our own power or piety we have made him walk?

Act 3:18  But what God foretold by the mouth of all the prophets, that his Christ would suffer, he thus fulfilled.
Act 3:19  Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out,
Act 3:20  that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus,
Act 3:21  whom heaven must receive until the time for restoring all the things about which God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets long ago.

What is the restoration of all things?  When you come to this conclusion, you'll understand the full concept of the Gospel of the Kingdom!

Rev 12:10  And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.

Simplistically the difference between the two is the completeness of the thought process.

Gospel of Salvation is part of the entirety of the picture -- whereby everyone that comes to salvation is part of the "Kingdom of God".

The Gospel of the Kingdom is the complete understanding that God is restoring ALL THINGS and what Yeshua (Jesus) did in his first advent -- but will be fully completed at His second advent.

Remember that Yeshua instructed his disciples to pray --  Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done!

What Kingdom is coming?

Act 1:6  So when they had come together, they asked him, "Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?"

Act 1:7  He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority.

Act 1:8  But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

Act 3:12  And when Peter saw it he addressed the people: "Men of Israel, why do you wonder at this, or why do you stare at us, as though by our own power or piety we have made him walk?

Act 3:18  But what God foretold by the mouth of all the prophets, that his Christ would suffer, he thus fulfilled.

Act 3:19  Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out,

Act 3:20  that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus,

Act 3:21  whom heaven must receive until the time for restoring all the things about which God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets long ago.

What is the restoration of all things?  When you come to this conclusion, you'll understand the full concept of the Gospel of the Kingdom!

Rev 12:10  And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.

Thanks for the post, and the simple answer . I will pray over what you have written.

I am finding this discussion interesting. Thanks for starting it, and thanks to those expressing their insights and opinions.

Thank you. I just have some questions about this subject I'm still seeking answers to, is one of the reasons for the thread.

For example, Matthew 24:14 Says, " this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached unto all nations as a witness and then the end shall come".  Now notice how the verse starts, it's Jesus talking and he says " This Gospel of the kingdom " . What gospel of the kingdom? Who's Gospel of the kingdom? I believe Jesus is talking about his gospel of the kingdom. The same Gospel of the kingdom that he had been preaching in his ministry. Ok, so let's continue with the verse as I understand it. The verse says that this Gospel or Jesus Gospel of the kingdom must be preached unto all nations as a witness and then the end shall come. So, I understand this to be saying that the same Gospel Jesus had been preaching in his earthly ministry must be preached at the end times before the end will come. That's how I understand the verse. So now my questions, some of which I will answer as best as I understand, others I will not answer because I just don't know yet.

1. Since the same Gospel Jesus preached in his ministry has to be preached for the end to come, is that the gospel that is being preached today?

My answer would be no. I hear about the salvation gospel all the time, but never the gospel of the kingdom.

2.If it's not being preached today, then what gospel is being preached? 

3. Does the bible say it's ok for a different gospel to preached until the time of the end?

4. If we are suppose to be preaching a different gospel than Jesus or the 12, then when do we start preaching the same gospel so the end can come?

5. How can there be 2 New testament gospel messages?

These are just some of the questions I'm still mulling over. Again I think the gospel of salvation is incomplete, it's the way into the kingdom of God (to use George's words) but there is a lot more to preaching the proper gospel than just the salvation gospel, that when preached alone as it is now gives an incomplete picture. Thanks for letting my thoughts flow for a moment.

God bless

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Perhaps the preaching of salvation is the preaching of God's salvation and authority over our lives. When we make Him our LORD and Savior, that is what we are confessing. We are not part of His kingdom if we have not surrendered to Him and acknowledged Him as our King.

But His future Kingdom will be over Israel and the earth, both for the 1000 year reign, when He will rule with a rod of iron over both the willing and unwilling, and for His eternal reign in the new heavens and new earth in the New Jeruselem. This is when all will be restored---the earth, the garden and the order of all principalities and powers under His feet. He reconciles all things unto Himself, in earth and in heaven, as it was in the beginning. Shalom. Am I right and isn't this what George said, or am I still confused?

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,466
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,802
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

The key is Israel and the salvation of the Jewish people. 

What proceeds the message of Matthew 24?

Mat 23:36  Truly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.
Mat 23:37  "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!
Mat 23:38  See, your house is left to you desolate.
Mat 23:39  For I tell you, you will not see me again, until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'"

What happens when the nation comes into its own into its place in its prophetic order?

Eze 37:8  And I looked, and behold, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them. But there was no breath in them.
This is where we are prophetically -- the nation of Israel being restored, but they still do not have the "ruach" or the "spirit" of God in them.

Eze 37:9  Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord GOD: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live."
Eze 37:10  So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.
Eze 37:11  Then he said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Behold, they say, 'Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are indeed cut off.'
Eze 37:12  Therefore prophesy, and say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will open your graves and raise you from your graves, O my people. And I will bring you into the land of Israel.
Eze 37:13  And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people.
Eze 37:14  And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I am the LORD; I have spoken, and I will do it, declares the LORD."

Eze 37:24  "My servant David shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall walk in my rules and be careful to obey my statutes.

Eze 37:26  I will make a covenant of peace with them. It shall be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will set them in their land and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in their midst forevermore.
Eze 37:27  My dwelling place shall be with them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Eze 37:28  Then the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when my sanctuary is in their midst forevermore."

The message of the "kingdom" was preached to the Jewish people as they were expecting Meshiach ben David -- the Kingdom restored back to Israel.

Paul addresses this in part when he makes the connection that we, who were outside of the "commonwealth" of Israel -- shall be grafted into the "promises" of Israel, when the Messiah returns.  Thus creating for Himself a nation of Priests to serve Him -- and minister to the nations once again during the reign of Messiah for 1000 years before we enter into the New Jerusalem.  All things must be reconciled -- and every promise of God kept -- thus the fulfillment of the prophecies concerning the Jewish people.