• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

facebook41.jpg?w=723

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. – Luke 6:37

You will never have to forgive anyone more then you yourself have been forgiven by God. Unforgiveness will leave you miserable. We forgive for our own happiness and benefit. When we do not forgive resentment and bitterness can defile all aspects of one’s life. Forgiving means to give up all resentment and the ability to exact revenge to get even. As we are called to be more like the Son of God (1 John 2:6) we can know how much we are in his likeness by our love and forgivenness of others. You know the grace of God as much as you are able to show it to others. No one will ever deserve to be forgiven, we must forgive because God forgives us. We judge and condemn others because we have not forgiven them and have not sought to bless them and see them bettered. When we pray the Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13) we say to the Lord: “Come, O Lord, and forgive me my sins even as I forgive those who sin against me.”

On speaking of those who would come to partake of communion with unforgiveness John Chrysostom says, “As it is not to be imagined that the fornicator and the blasphemer can partake of the sacred Table, so it is impossible that he who has an enemy, and bears malice, can enjoy Holy Communion.” Our Lord teaches us to seek forgiveness first before worshipping God, for we ourselves need forgiveness to enter into his holy presence (Matthew 5:24). Of the many sins we can commit unforgiveness is a terrible sin, it is refusing to do what God himself did in offering his Son to forgive our sins. When we harbour unforgiveness we are helping the devil to expand his kingdom as it is a kingdom of accusation, unforgiveness, slander, lies and evil. John of Kronstadt says, “Forgive them that trespass against you with joy, as a good son rejoices when he has a chance of fulfilling the will of his beloved father.” Father in heaven give me a new realization of the great forgiveness you offer me daily so that I may be able to have more grace and forgivenness to all men. And allow me to release and forgive anyone who has hurt me and caused me pain. Amen.

from: https://gregjgordon.wordpress.com/2015/06/07/harbouring-unforgivenness-towards-another/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.63
  • Days Won:  2

Amen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Not forgiving harms the one wronged by gnawing away at ones peace of mind and inner turmoil, while the one who did the wrong has long forgotten the disagreement. Forgiving, supplies peace of mind and peace with God because when we forgive, we are forgiven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings sermonindex

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,,,there are many different levels or degrees of "unforgiveness",,,,,in any way,size ,shape or form it always hinders receiving the bountiful Blessings & Favor that God ,by His Grace,,,,,pours out to us,,,,,,,,I would not go so far as to say"it is a TERRIBLE" sin.......sin is sin .But what I am really trying to say is there are many occasions where the person that has not forsaken his bitterness,resentments or unforgiveness is not even fully aware that they harbor such things in their hearts,,,,,,,,they cannot understand why they are not experiencing a 'life more abundant",filled with Gods Peace,Joy,Comfort etc.... and it is because they have not yet let go of some kind of unforgiveness,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is this to be counted against them as this "terrible sin",,,,,,,I think not because of what we have that no other person in the world has that has not come to the foot of the cross,the Blood of Jesus that has covered that multitude of sin ,,,,,,

The most important thing we must do is encourage everyone to seek a "relationship" with our Lord,His Holy Spirit can & does reveal to us things we do not even know about ourselves,,,,,,,,,,,to tell someone they must forgive as God forgave them is very true but not attainable by our own effort,,,,,,,it is Jesus in us that we have His Heart & Mind and the ability to truly forgive,,,,,,

I know & have met many a new Christian that really struggle with forgiveness,I tell them not to struggle because we are simply not capable of some things without the Power of the Holy Spirit to enable us,,,,,,,,,personally,all I need to do to "forgive" is to think of someone having to face Gods Wrath,His Judgement & sentencing for their offenses  and that puts me right into forgiveness mode,,,,,,I don't think anything a person can do to me (in this temporal life) is deserving of hell for all eternity,,,,,,that puts it all in the right perspective! 

I hope my words have encouraged someone to just ASK our Lord & Savior to help if they are struggling with any unforgiveness issues,,don't let the enemy taunt you with sin condemnation,it is all about Jesus & His Finished Work on the cross,He is our Living Redeemer and will never leave you nor will He forsake you

With love-in Christ,Kwik