IGNORED

Who or what is the two witnesses of god in the end times?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The 7 churches will be here all the way to the end - as here written at the last admonishments of the 7 churches

[25] But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
[26] And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
[27] And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
[28] And I will give him the morning star.
[29] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

As far as the candlesticks Zechariah depicts (A) candlestick with (It.s) bowl and it has (7) lamps..  The correct original (Greek) interpretation in Revelation is 7 (Lampstands) are the 7 churches- not 7 candlesticks

Correct original (Young's literal interpretation) bible greek interpretaion  =   

4:2 and he saith unto me, `What art thou seeing?' And I say, `I have looked, and lo, a candlestick of gold -- all of it, and its bowl `is' on its top, and its seven lamps `are' upon it, and twice seven pipes `are' to the lights that `are' on its top,

Correct original (Young's literal interpretation) bible greek interpretaion  =   

1:20 the secret of the seven stars that thou hast seen upon my right hand, and the seven golden lamp-stands: the seven stars are messengers of the seven assemblies, and the seven lamp-stands that thou hast seen are seven assemblies.
Use the (Young's literal interpretation) bible scripts, this is the best non paraphrased version if you wish to go deep if you feel you are receiving prophetic calling.  Nothing wrong with the other bibles, but they are only for those who do not have the prophetic calling.   

And one more thing... Here is a scripture that (Prooves) that Jesus is talking about his brother (the other son of oil)  -The one who is the 2 witnesses (soon to come)

Revelation 3

27] And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.  ---- note (Even as I received of my father)  This is Jesus saying this to his brother that he will also receive the power (IF) he overcomes the same.

And another one 

[21] To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.  (This is Jesus message to his brother in oil- the 2 witnesses- saying they will (Both) sit (IN) God's throne and rule the nations with rods of iron.

These are not messages to just anyone.. They are targeted to the other son of oil to (Overcome even as he His brother Jesus did)  as how can (Everyone saved) rule with a rod of iron ?  The coming 2 witnesses must overcome..  Go out there in the greatest economic powerhouse city on Earth,  put on a CNN magnet (A poncho made of sackcloth) and walk looking  like a fool that lost a bet for 1260 days as a sign

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

On 31/07/2016 at 8:19 AM, Eoreris said:

The 7 churches will be here all the way to the end - as here written at the last admonishments of the 7 churches

[25] But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
[26] And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
[27] And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
[28] And I will give him the morning star.
[29] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Eoreris

2 Thessalonians 2:3   Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Jeremiah 50:6   My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.

Jeremiah 25:34   Howl, ye shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes, ye principal of the flock: for the days of your slaughter and of your dispersions are accomplished; and ye shall fall like a pleasant vessel.

Jeremiah 25:35   And the shepherds shall have no way to flee, nor the principal of the flock to escape.

Jeremiah 25:36   A voice of the cry of the shepherds, and an howling of the principal of the flock, shall be heard: for the LORD hath spoiled their pasture.

Ezekiel 34:10   Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.

Amos 1:2   And he said, The LORD will roar from Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the habitations of the shepherds shall mourn, and the top of Carmel shall wither.

Edited by Sister

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

On 7/30/2016 at 6:51 AM, Sister said:

Argosy

There are seven candlesticks with a golden bowl on it.  These are the seven churches. The gospels/Word of God is the oil that keeps the flame going. ....but in the last days, the falling away comes, and the churches will be gone because truth is stamped on, ...and also the new laws will rid the world of Christian churches, so the flame has no oil to keep the candlestick burning which is why the the two annointed ones are standing on each side of the candlestick.   There's only two candlesticks burning now, not seven like before.  These two candlesticks are not churches, but two men, and the holy spirit inside them, full of power through God's will, is the oil now to keep the flame from going out (the truth) 

It's just these two individuals now and they are here for Israel and the unbelieving world to demonstrate God's power.

I don't see that the text requires them to be individuals.  They are certainly not actual candlesticks, we should be in agreement that it is a symbol. Therefore the correct procedure is to look elsewhere in the bible to see what that symbol means. My view has an advantage over your view due to symbolic precedent.  The symbol of "candlestick" was used already in Revelation.  So by just explaining your view you have not explained to me why your view has a symbolic advantage over my view. Referring to your one objection that chuches will not exist at that stage, I agree as far as visible GENTILE churches are concerned. However the Jewish church may still be in public view due to the protection of Israel as per Rev 12.  These two candlesticks are "olive trees" , symbols of Israel. They are under the 1260 days of protection for Israel as per Rev 12 which explains why they are not "rid of" yet.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

On 7/30/2016 at 2:46 AM, Eoreris said:

The 2 olive trees and the 2 lampstands are actually from (One) (candlestick) as stated in the book of Zechariah. They just come as sons of God (Who is the single candlestick) at different times.. The first time -as you know was Jesus... The 2nd time is known as the 2 witnesses. Both Jesus and the 2 witnesses come as (2 witnesses of this single candlestick) -Their Father in Heaven   Both as olive trees have their own oil (Spirit) created by their Father (Burning ) through 2 branches..  Both come to Earth..(Burning) They burn their light, they are snuffed out by the enemy, they light up again as they cannot be held by the devouer,- death and hell, they rise, they ascend.  They start it, they finish it at each time,  The 7 churches are the 7 (Lampstands)  That hold the candlesticks that emit the 7 spirits (Angels of the 7 churches) of God that see throughout all the Earth.  There is a difference between a Lampstand and the candlestick that it holds.  The 2 coming witnesses are the 2 candlesticks and not the 2 lampstands.  They also make of themselves oil anointed by the main candlestick (God) their Heavenly father..  The first dies on passover, The 2nd dies on a soon to come Christmas eve day.  No one can know this unless the Heaven Father reveals it to them so do not expect to understand.. as  this is only for the Elect

[1] The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass;

Only the elect 144 thousand will understand

You say:   "The first dies on passover, The 2nd dies on a soon to come Christmas eve day.  No one can know this unless the Heaven Father reveals it to them so do not expect to understand.

Seriously :)    You expect me to defer to your opinion because God reveals things to you and you don't feel the need to explain from the scriptures.   Thankfully Jesus and the apostles were not like that, they always took time to explain their thinking from the scriptures. 

Yes the lampstands are different to the lamps in Zechariah 4. 

Zechariah 4 also does not necessarily refer to two individuals :  the two who are anointed to[b] serve the Lord of all the earth

Two what?  churches? The gentile church and the Jewish church?  Israel and Judah?  Whatever the answer , the text does not say that they are individuals.  

Jesus did tell his disciples in detail the things that would happen to him.. but none of them either believed or understood it until after it happened and the Holy spirit revealed the scriptures to them..the psalms, Isaiah ect days later.  Jesus also made it clear to them that he was the Son of God, the Messiah..  Only peter came forth to confess it..  Jesus told Peter that he would not know this unless it were revealed to him from the Father above.. So in other words even though Jesus told them with his mouth in detail all these things it went right through them and they understood not . The same will happen with the 2 witnesses..  certain things will not be revealed to Christians until after they are gone even though they will speak it plainly into your ears ahead of time. Why is this done ?    -  It is to re-enforce the faith of the one who hears it early then it is revealed to them later.  When it is revealed to you,  you will remember it and your faith will be doubled and you will be very strong.  The same as parables are told so when later you figure it out , you feel special and you believe with strong faith.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/6/2015 at 1:53 PM, missmuffet said:

Enoch and Elijah.God took them to heaven without dying.This would prepare them for a special purpose.

That's what I have always assumed also. All men are appointed to die, then the judgement to paraphrase. Both Enoch and Elijah were 'caught up' and did not experience physical death that I'm aware of. But in my mind it raises some questions... Whom was Jesus talking to at the transfiguration and about what? What 'powers' do each of the Two Witnesses have? A strong case can be made that Moses is one of the witnesses? I don't know, just throwing out something to consider.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

That's what I have always assumed also. All men are appointed to die, then the judgement to paraphrase. Both Enoch and Elijah were 'caught up' and did not experience physical death that I'm aware of. But in my mind it raises some questions... Whom was Jesus talking to at the transfiguration and about what? What 'powers' do each of the Two Witnesses have? A strong case can be made that Moses is one of the witnesses? I don't know, just throwing out something to consider.

Some people think Moses will be one of them but Moses has already died once which would make Moses a contradiction of Hebrews 9:27

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

However, Elijah can do everything that Moses did in Egypt. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I believe the witnesses will be  "Enoch and Elisha too :)

What would the people of the world think when they see the  witnesses ? Remember the Bible said they will hate them and try to kill them and will kill them and celebration becay=use they are dead but the...they will come to life again !

It will cause so much confusion..

Revelation 11New International Version (NIV)

The Two Witnesses

11 I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”[a] 5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6 They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood  and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

7 Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8 Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified. 9 For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. 10 The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.

11 But after the three and a half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. 12 Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud,while their enemies looked on.