IGNORED

should CHRISTIANS OWN WEAPONS OR FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE SYSTEM?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  143
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,288
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

I don't believe in guns or having a gun in the house.

To me its not normal to carry guns freely in public settings.

Its barbaric, undoing what civility and faith in God we ever had

I don't believe either in killing animals for sport.

Like those who spoke about not owning guns, I am with that group.

Jesus taught to turn the other cheek, to give your coat if someone wanted it, to love and pray for your enemies, to walk away and dust yourself off rather than

fight.

If Christ Jesus wanted us to use weapons, He would have shown us the example by He himself using weapons on people.

He gave us the example to Love our enemies and to walk away from strife.

"Blessed are the peacemakers".

Christ Jesus never used a weapon as a defense on Him, rather He trusted the word of God and by faith humbled Himself to it.

About Peter? who used the knife on a soldier to defend Christ Jesus?

did not Christ Jesus say to Peter "get behind me satin" when Peter was looking for another way for Christ not to do Gods will?

Did not Peter deny Christ Jesus 3 times before the cock crowd?

I rather live by the sword of the Word of God and trust in my God to direct my path over taking my will and leaning on my own understanding over the Word and WILL of God.

If Christ Jesus said: Carry a knife and use it to kill those who come and attack you, He would have said so

,instead Christ Jesus said to love our enemies, pray for them, turn the other check, dust yourself off and walk away if His message of peace is not accepted.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  2

I don't believe in guns or having a gun in the house.

To me its not normal to carry guns freely in public settings.

Its barbaric, undoing what civility and faith in God we ever had

I don't believe either in killing animals for sport.

Like those who spoke about not owning guns, I am with that group.

Jesus taught to turn the other cheek, to give your coat if someone wanted it, to love and pray for your enemies, to walk away and dust yourself off rather than

fight.

If Christ Jesus wanted us to use weapons, He would have shown us the example by He himself using weapons on people.

He gave us the example to Love our enemies and to walk away from strife.

"Blessed are the peacemakers".

Christ Jesus never used a weapon as a defense on Him, rather He trusted the word of God and by faith humbled Himself to it.

About Peter? who used the knife on a soldier to defend Christ Jesus?

did not Christ Jesus say to Peter "get behind me satin" when Peter was looking for another way for Christ not to do Gods will?

Did not Peter deny Christ Jesus 3 times before the cock crowd?

I rather live by the sword of the Word of God and trust in my God to direct my path over taking my will and leaning on my own understanding over the Word and WILL of God.

If Christ Jesus said: Carry a knife and use it to kill those who come and attack you, He would have said so

,instead Christ Jesus said to love our enemies, pray for them, turn the other check, dust yourself off and walk away if His message of peace is not accepted.

So, are you saying it is wrong for a follower of Christ to own a weapon?

• Topic Count:  143
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,288
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Are you saying that its o.k. for a child of God with great faith in Him and His word, to pick up a gun and use it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,738
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Are you saying that its o,k for a child of God to pick up a gun and use it?

ive already addressed the situation with peter-go back and read my previous replies.

Jesus did not come to show us when it was ok and not ok to defend ourselves, he already explained that in the old testament. He came to save us.

To answer your question, YES its ok, to use a gun in certain situations. Its NEVER ok to use a gun-or other weapon to kill someone in cold blood or to obtain something illegally-but in some situations, it is OK to do so, like protecting your family.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  2

I am not interested in a debate or argument. You answered my question (with your question)..

I will answer yours without a a question.

If what I love and has been given to me by God is threatened, I would use whatever means I had to protect them from certain harm (this I know). If God judges me as wrong for doing so, then I would accept His righteous judgement. 

Peace be with you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

There is so much Scripture being twisted and used out of context in this thread I don't even know where to begin. For one, "Turn the other cheek" has nothing to do with being passive when your life is in danger. Being slapped with the back of someone's hand was a huge insult at that time. The verse simply means we shouldn't retaliate and stoop to that level...it will harm our testimony. If someone slaps your cheek to insult you, instead of being like the world, let it roll of your back. Let them insult you again if they feel the need.

Others have already addressed why Jesus rebuked Peter for using his sword out of lack of understanding. Jesus had to be led away to die for sins...Peter didn't understand that. Jesus also advised the Disciples to being along a sword or two for protection. We are not expected to be helpless targets.

This one isn't a verse, but a statement I find judgmental, misguided, and plain wrong. It was something about whether one is going to trust God to protect them or carry a weapon. Those two things are not opposites at all. When this kind of reasoning is used all sorts of things can get out of hand. "Are you going to trust God to heal your child...or are you taking her to see a doctor.? Meanwhile, God, Who blessed us with doctors and medicine, is probably rolling His eyes (metaphorically) because people just don't get it. There are even alleged Christians who "trust God" to provide their material needs and feel that their "faith" is proven when they do not seek employment. I'm tired of people being chided when they use a tool or resource. Helping ourselves does NOT mean we don't trust God.

Edited by D-Dawn

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

hELLO PATRIOT 2015. sorry about the caps, I like caps , but yelling I am not doing, okay I am also perficiant with weapons my self, but it is good to cross this bridge for many Christians think that believing in god means to give up your weapons, and I wanted to bring this to light for I am not a violent person, and I do not like to deal with any type of hostile conflict . but will take care of situations in the best easy way possible unless there is no other avenue, but with the violence and threats on the rise we are to protect our families, and best as we can as long as we are not exceeding the limit of going to far, we today are coming into a time of hostility and we may be that family or neighborhood being subjected to a take over, and we need to know what we should do as if planning for incase of emergency, having a action plan and knowing scripture to be in accordance to Gods will, to be equip , and to know how we should act as Christians and true believers in the Lord, we want to ensure we are all on the same page and not think it is okay to be loaded down for bear and just do what ever we decide , and not be praying and meditate on scripture and Gods will for us , we are to be in line with the word, we must seek God in all we do, and we must , place our full trust in him if it came to the point of edge that there is no other choice, I would seek unless it is to protect my family , I would not raise my hand or weapon , for it is Gods plan and His will that will dictate the out come of what we are to do,. and not to take justice into our own hands, I do not want to be the one that is faulted by holding the sword if I am not to raise the sword, I want to do as God guides me to do.this is my opinion only.

thank you Patriot 2015 for your comment, it is appreciated brother,

I have no problem with Christians owning guns.  It is after all our second amendment right. I was going to buy a gun right after my husband passed  away but our neighborhood is so safe I just didn't  fee; the  need need to.  But as far as owning one no I have  no problem at all.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

This thread comes up here every few months, and always seems to generate more heat than light. And yes, I own guns. And yes, if I was armed and some thug was attacking my wife, I'd park a round in his chest without hesitation. As a former combat infantryman I've made my peace with that; let others do as they will.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

should CHRISTIANS OWN WEAPONS OR FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE SYSTEM?

I am not fond of the fact that weapons even exist, but they do, and until the day when swords are beaten into plowshares, they will exist. Our war, however, is not against fleash and blood, so guns can never be our main weapon as Christians. 

However, thought we are not of the World, we are in it. There must have been some reason Jesus told the abpostles to be armed.

So, I am thinking that of all the groups on Earth, I would rather see guns (or other arms) in the hands of Christians, who hold life to be sacred, and beleive the commandment, "thou shall do no murder", is to be followed.

Should Christians fight the system? That is a vary broad question. They should fight evil, wherever evil is, but with methods appropriate for that fight as Christians. We are to be subject to the authorities, but the "system", is not the authority. In all cases, we are subject to God first, as the highest authority, and we need to conform to His will, and live with a clear conscience.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

like I said I do own a gun, I would never use it just to keep someone from say, stealing a car, unless of course my kids were inside, but its a pretty safe bet if your in my house in the middle of the night unannounced, you can make a safe bet I won't be wasting time trying to figure out if your after my TV or my kids.

And there it is there.  I don;t believe it's wrong to protect our families or ourselves against evil.  Nor do I believe God would hold a believer accountable for acting in self defense.  Who's going to stand and watch their family member be kidnapped or murdered if they can stop it?  THAT, to me, would be the height of evil.