• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

From strictly a BIBLICAL stand point where is the line?

Let's get down to cases. You own a bakery and a homosexual couple walks in, identifies themselves, claims that they are getting married, and want you to bake the wedding cake.

All you have to do is say that you are a Christian and that you will not take their order because it violates your religious beliefs. Why? Because in God's eyes and in Christ's eyes, homosexuality is a sin (and even under the law not too long ago, it was a crime https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy_laws_in_the_United_States), therefore that would be partaking of their sins.  So they say, Where does it say that this is a sin?  So you show them the Scriptures and stand firm.  Perhaps the Holy Spirit convicts them, and they repent, and are converted because you stood firm.  Note what James has to say (James 5:20) Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

I get what your saying but they are not asking me to have homosexual sex, just bake a cake? How is baking a cake partaking of homosexual sex? I just don't get it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

why is it wrong to bake a cake for a gay wedding?

1. First of all it is NOT a "gay" wedding but a wretched wedding.  Paul says that the things which are done are not even to be mentioned because they are so filthy.

2. Homosexual unions are condemned and judged in Scripture, not celebrated with cakes.  Lot's wife was judged for even looking back at Sodom and Gomorrah.  Think about that.

3. God hates the sin and loves the sinner. Therefore the only message to give to homosexuals (as to all sinners) is repent and be converted.

4. Therefore baking a cake for a homosexual "wedding" (a perversion of the word) is giving approval to that which is condemned by God.  A homosexual wedding is actually a Satanic attack against lawful marriage and lawful unions.

Would you bake a cake then for someone marrying there mistress. Would you be just as outraged? My motive for this is simple. I am trying to understand the difference between Partaking in the sin and being around sinners. 

At least if they marry their mistress they stop being in sinful state.

I am trying to understand the difference between Partaking in the sin and being around sinners.

That's comparing apples and oranges.  We are around sinners daily and constantly.  But we do not participate in their activities or encourage them in their sins.  That's how simple it is. As to the water being turned into "wine" (a) Christ condemns drunkenness, so there must be another explanation and (b) Bible wines have a wide variety of meanings, from pure grape juice to strong alcoholic drinks.

Ok, fair enough. But what is actually in the bible is Man is not lay ( have sex ) with another man like he would a woman, and likewise for the women. So, since baking a cake is NOT having homosexual sex, where is the line. When does it become Partaking of homosexual sex by being around them? What activities should be forbidden to partake in ( let's say at a family reunion ) because it condones homosexuality? From strictly a BIBLICAL stand point where is the line?

Making a cake indicates that you are helping them celebrate a sin. Some people dont have a problem with it. Some do. I have a problem with helping someone celebrate a sin that has been pushed on society.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I am trying to understand the difference between Partaking in the sin and being around sinners.

That's comparing apples and oranges.  We are around sinners daily and constantly.  But we do not participate in their activities or encourage them in their sins.  That's how simple it is. As to the water being turned into "wine" (a) Christ condemns drunkenness, so there must be another explanation and (b) Bible wines have a wide variety of meanings, from pure grape juice to strong alcoholic drinks.

Ok, fair enough. But what is actually in the bible is Man is not lay ( have sex ) with another man like he would a woman, and likewise for the women. So, since baking a cake is NOT having homosexual sex, where is the line. When does it become Partaking of homosexual sex by being around them? What activities should be forbidden to partake in ( let's say at a family reunion ) because it condones homosexuality? From strictly a BIBLICAL stand point where is the line?

Making a cake indicates that you are helping them celebrate a sin. Some people dont have a problem with it. Some do. I have a problem with helping someone celebrate a sin that has been pushed on society.

I understand what you are saying. But I if you have a business that makes bakery goods then I don't think your celebrating the sin, just running your business. Paul in the bible was a tent maker if I remember correctly ( I could very easily be wrong on that ) . Thinking about this subject makes me wonder if paul would have made a tent for a homosexual? Thanks for the post.

I understand what you are saying. But I if you have a business that makes bakery goods then I don't think your celebrating the sin, just running your business. Paul in the bible was a tent maker if I remember correctly ( I could very easily be wrong on that ) . Thinking about this subject makes me wonder if paul would have made a tent for a homosexual? Thanks for the post.

He might have made a tent for a homosexual, as a Christian might make a birthday cake for a homosexual. Paul would not have made a wedding tent for a homosexual.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Firestormx do you mean " having to bake a cake from a bakery because its someone's job" or baking a cake at home for a gay couple because we are celebrating their marriage? I think those are two different point of views. If we have to bake that cake because its our job it doesn't mean that we are celebrating their marriage, we are doing it because we have to or will lose our job. Unless one is the business owner and a Christian, then it wouldn't be hard to say that the bakery no longer makes any kinds of wedding cakes for anyone. That's what I would do if it was my own business, otherwise it would mean that I didn't mind celebrating their sin plus making money out of it which is even worse.

Guest shiloh357

No, it is not the case that if a Christian baker makes a gay wedding cake that he is just running his business.  Gay bakers don't see it that way at all and they are right not to make the cake.  They are enabling sin. They adding their resources to lifestyle that God hates.    Paul making a tent for a homosexual is not even comparable.   Christian bakers are not saying they won't make birthday cakes or provide other goods and services to gays.  No one is saying that gays are not allowed to buy things in Christian bakers.    Christian bakers are simply saying that they will not lend their services to  promote a lifestyle that God hates.    In  the same vein, Paul making a tent that was purchased by a gay person  would not be promoting the lifestyle.

Not sure what is confusing about this.

Edited by shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

It's not the act of getting drunk that is a sin, it's what you do when you are drunk.....       When Noah was drunk minding his own business and his son sinned God  didn't say anything to Noah that we are told about.      When Lot got drunk and his daughters got themselves pregnant with him, did God do anything to Lot or even tell him not to drink.....

We are responsible for what do do and say no matter what kind of mental state we are in concerning drugs.

Actually, the Bible condemns drunkenness. It  is a sin to get drunk.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I can promise you I would not bake a gay wedding cake under any  circumstances.  We are to follow God's law.  We are in the world not of it.  To me baking a cake for these people is going against everything God has spoken in His Word.  I don't believe in lending myself in doing the enemies work.

Edited by RustyAngeL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The bible says we as Christians are not to partake in the sins of another. Homosexuality is a sin. So why is baking a cake for them sin or against Christian beliefs? What I am having trouble with is this. Jesus was called a drunk and a glutton and a friend of sinners because that's who he was around most of the time. One of his first miracles in the book of John is turning water in to wine at a wedding after everyone had gotten drunk. If Jesus can create wine and be at a wedding where people are going to drink the wine he just made ( after they have already been drinking a good while ) to get drunk. If Jesus can be around " sinners " all the time to the point that people call Jesus a drunk and a glutton , Then why is it wrong to bake a cake for a gay wedding?

Firestormx

It's not as if they took a ready-made cake off the shelf. They wanted a message to be specifically written on it which celebrated their 'marriage'. They were not refused a cake. The baker declined to bake a tailor-made cake because he would have to write the message on (in icing I assume), a message which would show that he was endorsing their union.

This is a relevant point that few people have brought up.