• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

".....you should turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and everything in them.[a]"

remember rcc is heresy. not just basically bad, but completely corrupt and evil, destroying souls all over the world. does that help ?....

No, but directly answering my questions will.

Since Tolkien was a devout Roman Catholic, was his "Lord of the Rings" trilogy -- which has been read by millions of Christians and non-Christians alike -- also "completely corrupt and evil"?

Did the international release of the film version destroy "souls all over the world"?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

".....you should turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and everything in them.[a]"

remember rcc is heresy. not just basically bad, but completely corrupt and evil, destroying souls all over the world. does that help ?....

Since Tolkien was a devout Roman Catholic, was his "Lord of the Rings" trilogy -- which has been read by millions of Christians and non-Christians alike -- also "completely corrupt and evil"?

Did the international release of the film version destroy "souls all over the world"?

No but just like the Mormons they say "Oh yes we believe in Jesus Christ and He died on the Cross".Everyone thinks that is ok until they start going deeper in their theology.Some who are new Christians can be swayed by this.Allowing them to stumble on and fall.That is what God does not like at all.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

No but just like the Mormons they say "Oh yes we believe in Jesus Christ and He died on the Cross".Everyone thinks that is ok until they start going deeper in their theology....

Bo, the Roman religion has its problems, but it doesn't teach that Jesus and Satan are "brothers" as per the Mormon's "Doctrines and Covenants".

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

No but just like the Mormons they say "Oh yes we believe in Jesus Christ and He died on the Cross".Everyone thinks that is ok until they start going deeper in their theology....

Bo, the Roman religion has its problems, but it doesn't teach that Jesus and Satan are "brothers" as per the Mormon's "Doctrines and Covenants".

Correct.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

Are people basically good? 

"Where sin abounded there did grace much more abound" There is far more goodness in the earth than evil.

"My Spirit shall not always strive with men" 

"Whom the Lord loves He chastens" Everyone is carefully and thoughtfully chastened by the Lord.

"None is righteous"

People are basically good because of the Spirit of God striving with them through every means there is in life, including the conscience. The difference between a believer and unbeliever is just that, and nothing else.

What would happen if the Spirit no longer strives to comfort people and make them half normal?

Do people push themselves outside of God's guidance and protection? Yes. They even become possessed by the devil to commit the worst acts.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings....

"People are basically good,right"............I thought about that statement & though about it some more & I've concluded that the statement is true from man's point of view,,,,,,,,,,not from Gods,,,,,,as Fresno Joe has referred to the Word of God ,,,,not one is righteous,not one is good(paraphrased)

What man considers to be "good" is not ever "good enough" to get into right standing with Almighty God,this was shown to mankind by "the law",,,,,,,,,,,Oh but thanks be to God that He provided for us "the Way,the Truth & the Life" ,Salvation by His Grace through our faith in the Lamb of God,praise Jesus!

Thank You Jesus,for paying my debt,,,,,,,,,,,taking my place on the cross,Halleluyah!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

Blessings....

"People are basically good,right"............I thought about that statement & though about it some more & I've concluded that the statement is true from man's point of view,,,,,,,,,,not from Gods,,,,,,as Fresno Joe has referred to the Word of God ,,,,not one is righteous,not one is good(paraphrased)

What man considers to be "good" is not ever "good enough" to get into right standing with Almighty God,this was shown to mankind by "the law",,,,,,,,,,,Oh but thanks be to God that He provided for us "the Way,the Truth & the Life" ,Salvation by His Grace through our faith in the Lamb of God,praise Jesus!

Thank You Jesus,for paying my debt,,,,,,,,,,,taking my place on the cross,Halleluyah!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

:amen: Certainly couldn't have said it better myself! Hope you and all reading this have a good day

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.41

Blessings....

With love-in Christ,Kwik

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

People are basically good, right?
222.jpgOnly if they are caring a gun :blink:

I see you're getting mileage out of my "kick"  lol

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

When God created Adam, He said it was good.

When Adam fell, he didn't become evil, he became wounded in his soul, a wounding that would be transmitted to all who came after him, inheriting a fallen human nature.