Evar

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Can a born again person loose his salvation? How do you know if you are really born again?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

You Must Be Born Again

Now there was a man of the Pharisees named hNicodemus, ia ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus1 jby night and said to him, k“Rabbi,lwe know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do munless God is with him.” Jesus answered him,“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is nborn oagain2 he cannot psee the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is bornqof water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. rThat which is born of the flesh is sflesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.3 tDo not marvel that I said to you, ‘You4 must be born uagain.’ vThe wind5 blows wwhere it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Nicodemus said to him, x“How can these things be?” 10 Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel yand yet you do not understand these things? 11 Truly, truly, I say to you, zwe speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but zyou6 do not receive our testimony. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 aNo one hasbascended into heaven except che who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.7 14 And das Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man ebe lifted up, 15 that whoever believes fin him gmay have eternal life.8

For God So Loved the World

16 “For hGod so loved ithe world,9 jthat he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not kperish but have eternal life. 17 ForlGod did not send his Son into the world mto condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 nWhoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not obelieved in the name of the only Son of God. 19 pAnd this is the judgment: qthe light has come into the world, and rpeople loved the darkness rather than the light because stheir works were evil. 20 tFor everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, ulest his works should be exposed. 21 But whoever vdoes what is true wcomes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

Ef.1;13-1413

In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

1Cor.1:8

7so that you are not lacking in any gift, awaiting eagerly the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, 8who will also confirm you to the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Jesus promised to keep us until the end,He bought you with His blood,a very high price seales you with the Holy Spirit when you accept Jesus.

Therefore if you are truly born again you are born out of God and cannot lose your Salvation.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I always answer this question with what Jesus said because he is GOD in the flesh. Therefore he cant lie because GOD cannot sin.Hes not the author of confusion so when Jesus says in the book of John No man can pluck him(meaning the saved in Christ) out of my fathers hand. He means were eternally secure and sealed to the day of redemption so you cannot lose your salvation

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

Can a born again person loose his salvation? How do you know if you are really born again?

Yes they can...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Simply

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:40

Believe

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Just a suggestion:

You do not have to, of course, but those who just say yes or no, you are essentially casting a vote (which is meaningless) as opposed to offering reasons why you believe, what you believe, which might create some controversy - sure, but is more likely to help the OP come to their own conclusion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

A born again believer can not lose their salvation.

Romans 8:30 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

The word loose indicates that you misplaced salvation.  This I cannot accept, but I do strongly believe that one can walk away from his faith in Christ.  Nobody can take us out of the hand of Christ if we have a heart to stay, as scripture tells us.  Yet, I do not see where Jesus would keep someone if the person no longer wants to follow Him.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

No, according to Scripture, they can't.

What scripture are you referring?