IGNORED

Can stories of returning from Heaven be harmful to our faith?

MorningGlory

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

intoI simply don't believe any of the '90 Minutes in Heaven' type stories.  Some of them are total fabrications and, I believe, some of them are dreams experienced while semi-comatose.  The Bible is clear on this; "It's given onto man one time to die and then the Judgment'. What do y'all think?

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2015/September14/145.html

What really scare me, is when people claimed to have a near death experience and say they walked into the light; I may be wrong but have always wonder maybe satan is up to some of his tricks:  And no marvel; for even satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.  II Corinthians 11:14

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

intoI simply don't believe any of the '90 Minutes in Heaven' type stories.  Some of them are total fabrications and, I believe, some of them are dreams experienced while semi-comatose.  The Bible is clear on this; "It's given onto man one time to die and then the Judgment'. What do y'all think?

What really scare me, is when people claimed to have a near death experience and say they walked into the light; I may be wrong but have always wonder maybe satan is up to some of his tricks:  And no marvel; for even satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.  II Corinthians 11:14

I hadn't thought of that.  Interesting theory to consider.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

This lady at work told me her mother had read this wonderful Christian book and I just had to read it.She said she would bring it to me.Well,I did notice a bit about it by reading the cover and was cautious.I did not get very far into the book.Apparently this woman claims she was in the hospital and she died.She said she was taken to heaven where Jesus spoke to her and gave her all this advice to take back to earth and tell all the people.Right about then I got this horrible sinking feeling.I closed the pages of that book never ever to open them again. fear.gif

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

I know a story of a man who went to heaven.  Every day since then he makes it a point to tell at least one person a day that Jesus loves them.  Guess he just experienced so much the great fullness of the love of the Lord. Kind of hard to keep inside I guess.  He glowed with happiness too.  Stories like that I have to believe.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

This lady at work told me her mother had read this wonderful Christian book and I just had to read it.She said she would bring it to me.Well,I did notice a bit about it by reading the cover and was cautious.I did not get very far into the book.Apparently this woman claims she was in the hospital and she died.She said she was taken to heaven where Jesus spoke to her and gave her all this advice to take back to earth and tell all the people.Right about then I got this horrible sinking feeling.I closed the pages of that book never ever to open them again. fear.gif

Yep; that would be about the time I would close the book as well.  Anyone who claims that have proprietary and confidential knowledge given to them by the Lord is most likely a charlatan.  God will cl/early make prophets known if He raises them up.  We have to be careful; seems that everyone who can type these days is writing a book on the miraculous. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I remember a movie made for television years ago where a woman somehow healed somebody miraculously. And the world pressed her for religious information how she did it in whose name she did it. And she repeatedly said it was in no one's name or in the name of love or of human decency...

The late great Dr. Walter Martin once taught about miracles that we ought not be taken in by the existence or the experience of miracles but rather we ought to discern what they affirm and whom they affirm. And he cited the prophets of Rah who opposed Moses doing identical miracles up to a point.

The same is true about so-called out of body experiences / coming back from the dead, etc. Human minds are tricky things. And I do not doubt the sincerity of those who believe they died and what they saw and came back to life to tell about it. But facts are unchanged by sincere perceptions. You make a cake with what you sincerely thought was sugar and it was actually salt all the sincere beliefs and intentions will not make that cake any good. 

Point being, there are spiritual forces at war in this world. And their tactics vary across a wide range. Whispering into your spiritual hearing (especially during an unconscious state) can be very powerful to your perception.

Another example is some have had things occur to them that, say, only Cleopatra would know... so the conclusion is that they lived a previous life as Cleopatra. So? The fallen spirits doing the whispering were there when Cleopatra lived and they witnessed what she did etc. 

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (NKJV)

21Test all things; hold fast what is good.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I have read a few...a couple by someone who went the way of newage in the end and a few by a Dr fascinated by ER people's experiences both heaven and hell and one by a Christian Dr who was declared dead and revived. I would not recommend these for a nonchristian who is not strong in faith..though we had these in the school library. It can certainly make a nonbeliever think this is what happens whether one believes or not just lives a "good" life or it can change their perception of eternity.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

How about the movie Gods not dead?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I simply don't believe any of the '90 Minutes in Heaven' type stories.  Some of them are total fabrications and, I believe, some of them are dreams experienced while semi-comatose.  The Bible is clear on this; "It's given onto man one time to die and then the Judgment'. What do y'all think?

MG,   people can and do have out of body experiences....   I have no idea if it's possible to travel outside our dimension, but to heaven to the throne, I would doubt seriously.       My experiences have not been what I would call on the good or light side of things so I wouldn't want to guess at what is behind even those experiences considering what I was involved in.