• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/05/1989

...I like the tract idea,  I sometimes thought about it, but haven't come across any tracts to use.  I should look for some.  It kind of shows you care if you can hand it out with a smile on your face. 

Hi Pamelasv
I thought to pass a few Christian tract sites your way in a PM.
Because they link to a site that "sells" something, in the past Worthy did not want you to post to merchant sites.

For those wanting to search for them, I'll post the ministries name only here, I'd be glad to PM anyone else that would care for the links as well:

Living Waters Tracts
Chick Tracts
Mark Cahill
One Million Tracts
Fellowship Tract League
Little Bible Ministry
The Tract League

I've used all of these tract sites over the years, they come recommended as each of them has a clear gospel message. The majority that they offer are well done, there are only a handful that I find "tacky" that I do not use. There are other Christian tract companies out there as well!

A few of the sites also allow you to view them online in their entirety if you would like to look at them. Also handy for emailing a link of one along!

A few of the sites also offer a "sample tract pack" that has an assortment of tracts that the ministry has to offer. A good way to check out a lot of them at one time.
We do look to be discerning with some of them, as some deal with certain sins, false religions, etc, while others are general for anybody.

I do use them often for follow up after witnessing to one or many, and hand them out in general when time does not permit one speaking much.
We as a family put them about here and there as well for someone to find later. :)

Some of those Chick Tracts are horrible, hate filled and a bad witness. Don't know about the others. There is a place in Los Angeles called the Free Tract Society has been in ministry for decades. I don't think they have much of an online presense though.

tracter.thumb.jpg.fee4fd3551d07d846cad2b

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

I repent of the way I looked upon this topic from the world's perspective earlier this week.

There are many ways to drastically silence Christian witnessing. There are many ways to subtly silence Christian witnessing. As I pointed out (to my shame) there are ways of doing so with humor. And while I believe there are those who are called and spiritually gifted to evangelize more adequately than others in the faith, we all need to get busy about witnessing the salvation of the Lord Jesus Christ to the lost. That is our main purpose for remaining in this life once we have come to salvation in Jesus Christ. To life for using our spiritual gifts to support in some way the witnessing of Jesus Christ to every creature in every generation. In Jesus' name, amen.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

I have enjoyed reading these replies very much. So encouraged to see God working! With regards to witnessing, I try to get out of the way and let God do the work. I have handed out tracts, told people about Jesus when they didn't ask (and when they did!), given homeless people goodie bags with nonperishable food and paperback new testaments, and I have simply remained silent when God said to say nothing. Jesus can do so much more than I can, and I try to prayerfully seek His direction in how I interact with everyone. I heard a speaker at church a couple of years ago who was from Iran give his testimony. When he was a child, he lived in an orphanage that had been started and was run by a Christian missionary. The missionary was there for twenty years or so and died, never seeing anyone come to Christ. But this speaker ended up being saved as a result, after the missionary had died. As a Christian, sometimes you don't know exactly what seeds you are planting, simply by living as a reflection of Christ. After all, aren't we all missionaries here on earth, waiting to go home?

In our natural life our ambitions change as we grow, but in the Christian life the goal is given at the very beginning, and the beginning and the end are exactly the same, namely, our Lord Himself. We start with Christ and we end with Him— “…till we all come…to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ…” (Ephesians 4:13), not simply to our own idea of what the Christian life should be. The goal of the missionary is to do God’s will, not to be useful or to win the lost. A missionary is useful and he does win the lost, but that is not his goal. His goal is to do the will of his Lord.

Preach the gospel wherever you go, and if necessary, use words.

1Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

Eph 2:8  For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
Eph 2:9  not of works, lest anyone should boast.
Eph 2:10  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

:thumbsup:

I believe the Lord wants me to be led by the H.S. It keeps coming to me for that, but I KNOW He wants me to live in love so when He wants me to say something, then it will be believable.  I have been told to say nothing already also by the H.S.  

But I have no problem with tracts, I like that sort of thing.  Still didn't order any tho.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

...I like the tract idea,  I sometimes thought about it, but haven't come across any tracts to use.  I should look for some.  It kind of shows you care if you can hand it out with a smile on your face. 

Hi Pamelasv
I thought to pass a few Christian tract sites your way in a PM.
Because they link to a site that "sells" something, in the past Worthy did not want you to post to merchant sites.

For those wanting to search for them, I'll post the ministries name only here, I'd be glad to PM anyone else that would care for the links as well:

Living Waters Tracts
Chick Tracts
Mark Cahill
One Million Tracts
Fellowship Tract League
Little Bible Ministry
The Tract League

I've used all of these tract sites over the years, they come recommended as each of them has a clear gospel message. The majority that they offer are well done, there are only a handful that I find "tacky" that I do not use. There are other Christian tract companies out there as well!

A few of the sites also allow you to view them online in their entirety if you would like to look at them. Also handy for emailing a link of one along!

A few of the sites also offer a "sample tract pack" that has an assortment of tracts that the ministry has to offer. A good way to check out a lot of them at one time.
We do look to be discerning with some of them, as some deal with certain sins, false religions, etc, while others are general for anybody.

I do use them often for follow up after witnessing to one or many, and hand them out in general when time does not permit one speaking much.
We as a family put them about here and there as well for someone to find later. :)

Some of those Chick Tracts are horrible, hate filled and a bad witness. Don't know about the others. There is a place in Los Angeles called the Free Tract Society has been in ministry for decades. I don't think they have much of an online presense though.

tracter.thumb.jpg.fee4fd3551d07d846cad2b

I remember one that total freaked out my step son.  The look on his face...then he hastily got it out of his hands.   It sure didn't speak to his heart.  It was just laying around our house, I don't remember where it came from.  He hasn't come to Christ yet. It didn't have anything to do with his heart been convicted. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Hi Miss Tury, good to meet you.

With ¾ billion Chick Tracts out there in the world in many languages, I know we will see a few in heaven in part or whole as a result of them, and other tract ministries like them. There are a “handful” that I do not use in all of the tract companies out there including Chick's.

It would seem with your “Litterbugs Anonymous” pic, you have seen a number of tracts in your area.

The worst I have seen, was after witnessing to two teen girls some years ago, I then followed up with two tracts. 
They proceeded to burn them across the street from where I was working, pretending to warm their hands while they burned. Kinda surreal. I just continued working, and prayed for their salvation.
One militant homosexual man one time took issue as well over a tract that I print. He ripped it up, ran to a trash can, cussed, and tossed it in. Prayed for his salvation as well.
These two examples are two out of thousands I have spoke with over the years where Christian tracts are concerned.
I've had a few real "haters" as well in just speaking on our Lord Jesus Christ, yelling, cussing, threatening, etc. But they again are only a handful in speaking with many over the years about our Saviour. Some suffer far worse in other countries along these lines. When this happens, the reason is clear:

John 15:17-20
These things I command you, that ye love one another. If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

I've not seen any “hate” in Chick Tracts, but a man who loves Jesus Christ looking to point out a number of sins and religious errors in a few, to have people mindful of God's law, and their breaking the same and in need of the Saviour. Here is one of his quotes I certainly agree on:

"To free a man from Satan's chains, you must first tell him he is a prisoner. Convince him that he is lost and without hope. And if pained and angered by the conviction of sin, he says your message is one of hatred, then know that his anguish is conviction of sin. Didn't you become upset when told you were a sinner?
There are those who call Chick literature "hate literature."But they do not know the true meaning of hate.
True hatred hides the Gospel in beautiful words that upset no one, and therefore bring no conviction of sin.
True hatred stands in selfish silence as hell's population grows."
-Jack Chick

The other Christian tract printers mentioned say much of the same in them, with the good news of the Gospel message of our Lord Jesus Christ.

You may also be referring to his pointing out the errors of the Roman Catholic church in a few of his tracts.

Although short and to the point, my many hours of research over the years confirms much (not all) of what he points out in the RCC as well as Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, and Muslim geared tracts. He could tone down some of the references towards the Pope and for that reason, I only use one that is geared towards adults called “Last Rites.” I have personally seen a false "priest/father" perform last rites. It's truly and wholly non-biblical. I proceeded later in witnessing to him pointing out a number of his  man made religious errors, and pointing him to a number of rightly divided Scriptures in the Bible. In hopes he repents and believes the Gospel one day! :)

I do see the Pope as one of the many Anti-Christ figures that is in our world. (1Jn 2:18) Even the current Pope's numerous anti biblical statements clearly speak for themselves.

On the last page of every Chick Tract as far as I know:

“THE BIBLE SAYS THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO HEAVEN!

Jesus said, “ I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”John 14:6

NOBODY ELSE CAN SAVE YOU. TRUST JESUS TODAY!

“Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” Rom. 10:9

-Admit you are a sinner. See Romans 3:10

-Be willing to turn form sin (repent). See Acts 17:30-Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried and rose from the dead. See Rom. 10:9-10
-Through prayer, invite Jesus into you life to become your personal Saviour. See Rom: 10:13

WHAT TO PRAY

Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin. I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour.
If you trusted Jesus as your Saviour, you have just begun a wonderful new life with Him. Now:

-Read you (KJV) every day to get to know Jesus Christ better.

-Talk to God in prayer every day.
-Be baptized, worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority.
-Tell others about Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

I remember one that total freaked out my step son.  The look on his face...then he hastily got it out of his hands.   It sure didn't speak to his heart.  It was just laying around our house, I don't remember where it came from.  He hasn't come to Christ yet. It didn't have anything to do with his heart been convicted.

Hi again Pamelasv,

Makes me wonder if it was not one of the more “mature” Christian tracts meant for an adult. Could be.

Again, we should be discerning in using any of them for this and other reasons.

I would not give one for the occult, sexual sins or drug related issues to a child, or one concerning the cult of Mormonism or Jehovahs Witnesses etc.

I would and do gladly pass along kid friendly ones with a good Salvation message for Christ.

We use generally use the children like Chick Tracts for the kids Halloween candy.
A few of the childrens ones would be: One Way, Charlies Ants, Cleo.

While some of his general ones for anybody would be:

This is Your Life, Creator or Liar, Who is He?, How to Get Rich, A Love Story.

Praying for your son's salvation. :)

Sincerity and genuine concern are a must in successful witnessing. If you come across as one who is trying to earn a merit badge, start or win an argument, or that your message is pitched AT them rather than TO them... it comes across as so much "junk mail."

"Hello, I am Elder _________" name tags comes across as mass production rather than intimate individual care. Thankfully this oversight in the LDS Church prevents their theological poison from spreading more than it does.

I remember Baptist pairs would go door to door often to Church member homes and encourage them to come to Sunday night or Wednesday night services. Or to Sunday morning services if they hadn't been in a while. I don't know if we in the Church got timid about going door to door or just lazy.

In San Diego, years ago, I recall overhearing secular residents near where a Church campus was going in commenting to the effect "there goes the neighborhood," knowing the Calvary Chapel types would seldom leave a neighborhood within walking distance unblanketed by evangelical outreach.

We are to go into all the world as salt and light. Light hidden in a bowl or salt that never leaves the shaker is completely ineffective. Most people would never come to a Church to investigate the Christ shaped hole in their soul... if they even understood what it was. 

When preaching a funeral, I wonder how many would risk the hell fire hatred of grieving unbelievers witnessing for Christ?

Especially if the departed was an unbeliever?  

It would take courage. But it would be honoring the wishes of the departed (the plea of the rich man Luke 16:27-28).

People in general, including believers, do not like to do the things that put us in harms way. Nor are we willing to step out into persecution or discomfort like the County Clerk in Kentucky who refused to issue same sex marriage licenses. Things like this cost us. And most would rather reap only the benefits of salvation and avoiding the costs at all costs. 

" In Romans 12:1, we are called to be living sacrifices, but the problem with living sacrifices is that we keep climbing own off of the altar." Chuck Swindoll.

Edited by JohnD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,972
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

One sunday morning on the way to work I was approch by someone with a bible in his hands who wanted to wittness to me about Jesus.

(I said to my self maybe the Lord sent him to me). 

He was taulking to me like I was going to burn in Hell. I said to him I believe in Jesus Christ, I was born in a Catholic family, and we celebrated the Good Friday, when Jesus died on the Cross, ( he was still taulking to me like he wants to save me).

Then I said, we celebrate the resuraction Sunday with the salutation "Jesus is Risen", and "He is Risen in deed", the more he was trying to save me from Hell, I said to him I know scripture, He still more fiersly  tried to save me from Hell. Then his friend approch and I overheard him say, that I had a religious  demon, I said it is me taulking  to you, the real me, they said, the lieing spirit tries to deceive us, I said I speak the truth, they said no you can not speak the truth, I said pray for me!!! They prayed for some time trying to remove me from my simple faith in Jesus Christ and instil in me their doctrinal values. That believers in Jesus Christ goes to Hell unless, they prove them selfs that they are worthy, by repenting from their way of life and pursue a life of worthy to be call a believer. If not your faith can not save you from Hell, that you must prove you are worthy of the Cross and worthy to receive the eternal life.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,388
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

All of us witness as we live our lives......   that is probably the most effective witnessing there is.