IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

Just now, Your closest friendnt said:

Are you trying to tell me something, the vision of Peter.

I'm not going to get into a silly debate-- if you don't want to eat pork, then please don't'

Just now, Your closest friendnt said:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

well my original post suggested that I based my belief that eating Pork was okay by the narrative of Peter (who was a Jew)

was given a sign from God in the form of the table cloth loaded with unclean foods and the Lord said take eat---- so I was inferring that Jewish believers would be able to eat pork without reproach as long as their conscience allowed it because they where free from the old dietary prohibitions--- Gentile believers could eat pork because they had never been under the old Law and therefore where free to eat-- I also mentioned that if you would be a stumbling block to some one who did not hold the same beliefs you shouldn't do it.

so what I guess II was saying it appears to be a simple matter, why make it harder than it has to be?

Now A Jew that has never come to Faith in Christ should not eat pork--- but that would be the least of his worries            post by woundeddog

Personally I always prefer to 'keep it simple",,,,,the Word of God is Written for us in a very simple way ,for our simple minds-lol

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am not quite sure, if I am reading to much in your post, or if it just happens to be in the scripture you posted, but it may have to do nothing with you.

"Are you suggesting that if someone leaves in a halal household, that he is at liberty to eat non halal food, and tell the others in the same household, that he is not following the halal rules in this specific household, for their must be a number of different orders of halal traditions. 

If you could clarify that I will very much oblige. 

Hi,

Col. 2:16, "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: "

This simply refers to clean and unclean animals of the law, (Lev. 11; Dt. 14). The new Covenant permits any kind of meat to be used as food (Rom. 14;1 Cor. 8 and 10. Col. 2:14-17; 1 Tim. 4:1-8).

The whole law of Moses was against us and contrary to us and had to be taken out of the way by Christ or redemption could never have been experienced. The law made no provision for redemption. It only killed all men because all broke the law and could not possibly keep it all. Christ took the law of Moses out of the way (out of themidst), so we do not have to remain under its curse and eternal death penalty. Since it is now out of the way, let us no stumble over it again. Keep it out of the way.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

X

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Hi,

Col. 2:16, "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: "

This simply means to clean and unclean animals of the law, (Lev. 11; Dt. 14). The new Covenant permits any kind of meat to be used as food (Rom. 14;1 Cor. 8 and 10. Col. 2:14-17; 1 Tim. 4:1-8).

The whole law of Moses was against us and contrary to us and had to be taken out of the way by Christ or redemption could never have been experienced. The law made no provision for redemption. It only killed all men because all broke the law and could not possibly keep it all. Christ took the law of Moses out of the way (out of themidst), so we do not have to remain under its curse and eternal death penalty. Since it is now out of the way, let us no stumble over it again. Keep it out of the way.

Hello, I read your and I pay attention, you say somethings that cath the eye. 

Jesus appeared to be many things, that he was not, he must have honor the Sabbath day, as he was growing up, if his parents did, for he follow the traditions of the household he grew up with.

He must also follow his parents and his culture in not eating unclean food, not that pork was avellable in his city, but other unclean food were like rabits, and horses. 

About keeping the new moon holidays, do not you find that strange, for Paul to say:

I you keep the Sabbath, or the new moon holidays do what you do and let no one bother you, cause I am not going to bother you, and perhaps argued on your behave if someone does.

And how about Jesus, does he have something  to say about keeping the new moon celebration.

Was Paul speaking on behave of Jesus, was his statement within the "all scripture is God breath and......"   How can you see that statement Paul made. 

15 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

X

Hello, I read your and I pay attention, you say somethings that cath the eye. 

Jesus appeared to be many things, that he was not, he must have honor the Sabbath day, as he was growing up, if his parents did, for he follow the traditions of the household he grew up with.

He must also follow his parents and his culture in not eating unclean food, not that pork was avellable in his city, but other unclean food were like rabits, and horses. 

About keeping the new moon holidays, do not you find that strange, for Paul to say:

I you keep the Sabbath, or the new moon holidays do what you do and let no one bother you, cause I am not going to bother you, and perhaps argued on your behave if someone does.

And how about Jesus, does he have something  to say about keeping the new moon celebration.

Was Paul speaking on behave of Jesus, was his statement within the "all scripture is God breath and......"   How can you see that statement Paul made. 

As a Child, Jesus obeyed His parents, no doubt about that. It was after His death and resurrection that the Old Testament laws and covenant was done away with.  The ten commandment's are still in force, but the one commandment never mentioned once in the New Covenant is the keep the Sabbath holy?

The LAW is no longer written on tablets of stone, the laws are now written in fleshy tablets of the heart.

2 Cor. 3:3, "Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart."

In Rom. 14:5-6. Rom. 14:5, we read, One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
V. 6, He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Gal. 4:9-10.
Gal. 4:9, But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
V. 10, Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
Coll. 2:14-17;
Coll. 2:14, Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
V. 15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
V. 16, ¶ Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
V. 17, Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Paul wrote, But why dost thou judge they brother? or why dost thou set at nought they brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ . . . . So the every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Let us not therefore judge one another any more."

If the law of Moses, including the fourth commandment, was in force in the new covenant the above statement would never have been written by Paul. Each Christian can do as he pleases concerning the Sabbath and is not to be judged by his brother "Any More."

Christian experiences do not come by the law. "Receive ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?. . . .the law is not of faith: but. the man who doeth them [things of the law] shall live in them. . . . how turn ye AGAIN to the weak beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire to be in bondage?" (Gal. 1:6-9; 2:15-21; 3:1-12, 19-25; 4:1-3, 19-31; 5:1-9, 11-21).

"Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years [that the law required]. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed labour upon you in vain" (Gal. 3:1-12; 4:9-11). Going back to observe Sabbaths according to the law is spoken of here as going back into the bondage of the law. If one does this he is a debtor to do the whole law (Gal. 5:3).

The law was added because of transgressions, TILL THE SEED [Christ] SHOULD COME to whom the promise was made . . . But before faith came [that Christ brought in the gospel and the new covenant, Heb. 12:1, 2],we were kept under the law, shut up unto that faith WHICH SHOULD AFTERWARDS BE REVEALED. . . .Wherefor the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, THAT we might be justified by faith. BUT AFTER that faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER A SCHOOLMASTER" (Gal 3:19-25). Not being under the law here is explained as being out from under its authority like one who is no longer under a schoolmaster when we graduate from school. The law is not in force and it has no claim or authority over the person under the new covenant. He is under the obligation to keep the new covenant laws and commandments, which include new laws that were never part of the old covenant, as well as those that God saw fit to make a part of the new covenant.

The law, including the ten commandments, has been "CAST OUT"; "Tell me YE DESIRE TO BE UNDER THE LAW, do ye not hear the law. For it is written that Abraham had TWO SONS. . . . he who was of the BONDWOMAN was born after the flesh; but he of the FREEWOMAN was by promise. WHICH THINGS ARE AN ALLEGORY: for THESE ARE THE TWO COVENANTS; THE ONE FROM MOUNT SINAI, which GENDERETH TO BONDAGE, is [Hagar]. . . .and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and IS IN BONDAGE with her children. But Jerusalem which is above IS FREE, which in the mother of us all. . . .Now we, brethren, as Isaac, are the children of promise. BUT AS EVEN SO IT IS NOW. Nevertheless what sayeth the Scripture? CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN [the first or old covenant FROM MOUNT SINAI]  AND HER SON [those under the law]; for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then brethren, WE ARE NOT CHILDREN OF THE BONDWOMAN [the old ten commandment covenant and its many laws], BUT OF THE FREE [the new covenant]. Stand fast therefor IN THE LIBERTY wherein Christ hath made us FREE, and BE NOT ENTANGLED AGAIN, WHITH THE YOKE OF BONDAGE [the old covenant]. . . .  For I testify again to every man that is circumcised [no man had any part in the old covenant unless he was circumcised], that he is a debtor TO DO THE WHOLE LAW" (Gal. 4:21-31; 5:1-5, 18).

35 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

As a Child, Jesus obeyed His parents, no doubt about that. It was after His death and resurrection that the Old Testament laws and covenant was done away with.  The ten commandment's are still in force, but the one commandment never mentioned once in the New Covenant is the keep the Sabbath holy?

The LAW is no longer written on tablets of stone, the laws are now written in fleshy tablets of the heart.

2 Cor. 3:3, "Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart."

In Rom. 14:5-6. Rom. 14:5, we read, One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
V. 6, He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Gal. 4:9-10.
Gal. 4:9, But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
V. 10, Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
Coll. 2:14-17;
Coll. 2:14, Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
V. 15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
V. 16, ¶ Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
V. 17, Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Paul wrote, But why dost thou judge they brother? or why dost thou set at nought they brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ . . . . So the every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Let us not therefore judge one another any more."

If the law of Moses, including the fourth commandment, was in force in the new covenant the above statement would never have been written by Paul. Each Christian can do as he pleases concerning the Sabbath and is not to be judged by his brother "Any More."

Christian experiences do not come by the law. "Receive ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?. . . .the law is not of faith: but. the man who doeth them [things of the law] shall live in them. . . . how turn ye AGAIN to the weak beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire to be in bondage?" (Gal. 1:6-9; 2:15-21; 3:1-12, 19-25; 4:1-3, 19-31; 5:1-9, 11-21).

"Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years [that the law required]. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed labour upon you in vain" (Gal. 3:1-12; 4:9-11). Going back to observe Sabbaths according to the law is spoken of here as going back into the bondage of the law. If one does this he is a debtor to do the whole law (Gal. 5:3).

The law was added because of transgressions, TILL THE SEED [Christ] SHOULD COME to whom the promise was made . . . But before faith came [that Christ brought in the gospel and the new covenant, Heb. 12:1, 2],we were kept under the law, shut up unto that faith WHICH SHOULD AFTERWARDS BE REVEALED. . . .Wherefor the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, THAT we might be justified by faith. BUT AFTER that faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER A SCHOOLMASTER" (Gal 3:19-25). Not being under the law here is explained as being out from under its authority like one who is no longer under a schoolmaster when we graduate from school. The law is not in force and it has no claim or authority over the person under the new covenant. He is under the obligation to keep the new covenant laws and commandments, which include new laws that were never part of the old covenant, as well as those that God saw fit to make a part of the new covenant.

The law, including the ten commandments, has been "CAST OUT"; "Tell me YE DESIRE TO BE UNDER THE LAW, do ye not hear the law. For it is written that Abraham had TWO SONS. . . . he who was of the BONDWOMAN was born after the flesh; but he of the FREEWOMAN was by promise. WHICH THINGS ARE AN ALLEGORY: for THESE ARE THE TWO COVENANTS; THE ONE FROM MOUNT SINAI, which GENDERETH TO BONDAGE, is [Hagar]. . . .and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and IS IN BONDAGE with her children. But Jerusalem which is above IS FREE, which in the mother of us all. . . .Now we, brethren, as Isaac, are the children of promise. BUT AS EVEN SO IT IS NOW. Nevertheless what sayeth the Scripture? CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN [the first or old covenant FROM MOUNT SINAI]  AND HER SON [those under the law]; for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then brethren, WE ARE NOT CHILDREN OF THE BONDWOMAN [the old ten commandment covenant and its many laws], BUT OF THE FREE [the new covenant]. Stand fast therefor IN THE LIBERTY wherein Christ hath made us FREE, and BE NOT ENTANGLED AGAIN, WHITH THE YOKE OF BONDAGE [the old covenant]. . . .  For I testify again to every man that is circumcised [no man had any part in the old covenant unless he was circumcised], that he is a debtor TO DO THE WHOLE LAW" (Gal. 4:21-31; 5:1-5, 18).

The most excellent post, thank you,

That was awesome. 

You aproch the issue the way Paul did, instructing those who judge others, like the people belong to their order, or they are members of their affiliation, and they must somehow do that for their own group conscience but that does not mean the Judgement of Christ is the same as their Judgement.

For we must have the Judgement of the household, and the Judgement of the denomination and the Judgement of the pastor and or the leader, for they ask for it, when they say be in unity with us.

But this is earthly and it is man's good will Judgement and will pass away and will not stant in front the Judgement of Christ, but then who knows.

Your post is good but it can not be follow by every one for we have loyalties here on earth that they are asking us for our obedience and our support, with a threat thought that if you are not supporting our way we don't want you in our shipfold.

Thank you again, there is something that got my special attention thought is that, it is not fair to say the ten commandments, suggesting what, that other cultures allow those things to happen and without punishment, for in every society no matter what their faith is they have rules to keep their communities safe and they punish disobedience even more severily than Christian cultures, that besides the point.

For I am going somewhere with this, 

If the laws of God is written in our hearts, how does anyone knows what law Jesus has written in someone else's heart, and how he specificly guides everyone else according to his own very specific needs, only the Lord knows.

For if the Law of God it is the same for everyone then it is good to have it on tablets.

For there is law that needs to be on tablets, or the states and federal law tablets, and there is a law in every ones heart (believer), and (sometimes unbeliever), that no one knows but him, so he can judge them fairly, but we can not.

There are scriptures to support what I have just posted, but it is for everyone to see them for them selfs, but if you want I could mention them.

This took a very strange  turn, but thank you for your post for it is a blessing. 

4 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

The most excellent post, thank you,

That was awesome. 

You aproch the issue the way Paul did, instructing those who judge others, like the people belong to their order, or they are members of their affiliation, and they must somehow do that for their own group conscience but that does not mean the Judgement of Christ is the same as their Judgement.

For we must have the Judgement of the household, and the Judgement of the denomination and the Judgement of the pastor and or the leader, for they ask for it, when they say be in unity with us.

But this is earthly and it is man's good will Judgement and will pass away and will not stant in front the Judgement of Christ, but then who knows.

Your post is good but it can not be follow by every one for we have loyalties here on earth that they are asking us for our obedience and our support, with a threat thought that if you are not supporting our way we don't want you in our shipfold.

Thank you again, there is something that got my special attention thought is that, it is not fair to say the ten commandments, suggesting what, that other cultures allow those things to happen and without punishment, for in every society no matter what their faith is they have rules to keep their communities safe and they punish disobedience even more severily than Christian cultures, that besides the point.

For I am going somewhere with this, 

If the laws of God is written in our hearts, how does anyone knows what law Jesus has written in someone else's heart, and how he specificly guides everyone else according to his own very specific needs, only the Lord knows.

For if the Law of God it is the same for everyone then it is good to have it on tablets.

For there is law that needs to be on tablets, or the states and federal law tablets, and there is a law in every ones heart (believer), and (sometimes unbeliever), that no one knows but him, so he can judge them fairly, but we can not.

There are scriptures to support what I have just posted, but it is for everyone to see them for them selfs, but if you want I could mention them.

This took a very strange  turn, but thank you for your post for it is a blessing. 

Hi again,

You wrote;

"Your post is good but it can not be follow by every one for we have loyalties here on earth that they are asking us for our obedience and our support, with a threat thought that if you are not supporting our way we don't want you in our shipfold."

Jesus Himself knew what you are suggesting, He also knew every man would not follow Him or His commandments, and that some men will teach a different doctrine and they will hold their followers in fear and in bondage,

Matt. 15:9, "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

Mark 7:7, "Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

Coll. 2:22, "Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?"

Titus 1:14," Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

Christ tells us to stand fast in the liberty He has given His life for, He made us free of all bondage and fear.

Ga.l 5:1, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."

Jesus also taught that those who do so teach another doctrine and commandments shall be held accountable by Him.

Matt. 5:19, "Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

2 Peer 2:19, "While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage."

While these false teachers promise liberty, they themselves are servants of corruption: They promise liberty from the condemnation of sin, but they themselves are not free of sin because of their false teachings.

The laws and commandments of the New testament contract are Just as binding as those in the old contract, (James 2:10, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

There are in fact over 1,050 commands in the new contract, plus many other teachings not expressed in the form of commands. Due to repetition, one could classify them under about 800 headings. They cover every phase of mans life in his relationship with God and his fellow men, now and in the hereafter. If obeyed they bring rich rewards here and forever; if they disobeyed they will bring condemnation and eternal punishment.

X

44 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Hi again,

You wrote;

Jesus Himself knew what you are suggesting, He also knew every man would not follow Him or His commandments, and that some men will teach a different doctrine and they will hold their followers in fear and in bondage,

Matt. 15:9, "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

Mark 7:7, "Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

Coll. 2:22, "Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?"

Titus 1:14," Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

Christ tells us to stand fast in the liberty He has given His life for, He made us free of all bondage and fear.

Ga.l 5:1, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."

Jesus also taught that those who do so teach another doctrine and commandments shall be held accountable by Him.

Matt. 5:19, "Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

2 Peer 2:19, "While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage."

While these false teachers promise liberty, they themselves are servants of corruption: They promise liberty from the condemnation of sin, but they themselves are not free of sin because of their false teachings.

The laws and commandments of the New testament contract are Just as binding as those in the old contract, (James 2:10, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

There are in fact over 1,050 commands in the new contract, plus many other teachings not expressed in the form of commands. Due to repetition, one could classify them under about 800 headings. They cover every phase of mans life in his relationship with God and his fellow men, now and in the hereafter. If obeyed they bring rich rewards here and forever; if they disobeyed they will bring condemnation and eternal punishment.

Hi Hazard, many things you touch with your post, they may hurt someone's health but that does not mean they are not right.

Considare Paul observing some believers celebrating the new moon, for I am not quite sure how and why they do that, and the need for doing it, but Paul did not want to come in friction with them, being believers in the Savior Jesus Christ for he was there to tell them something about our Lord Jesus Christ and heal some of their sick.

But along the way he said things that explain himself that he was not indorsing but only been courteous to them and their culture.

Leaving some matters for the right time, for even Jesus said do not be in a hurry to removed the weeds, we must wait for the right time.

And when is the right time, how could we know the right time?

There is the right time of man, and the right time of Our Lord Jesus Christ, that's why we need to learn toleranc, and how can we exercise tolerance and protect the people around us at the same time, that's a big question, for we can mistake the guidance of the Holy Spirit for the guidance of a strange spirit, if it is not according to our own  understanding.

Hazard what is the very specific commandment of Jesus to you or me that if we follow Jesus will tell us, you have love me good and faithful servants? 

We do not know till that time when he gives us this special commandment, for there many commandments that we follow and it pleases Jesus, but what is this very specific commandment, and I am not mysterious about that for it is not written anywhere and if it is the specific time to perform it is not written anywhere but it is hidden with the Holy Spirit.

Study what our Lord did to Peter, and how he ask him to go to Kornilious family then you may see where I am going with it. .

God bless

20 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

X

Hi Hazard, many things you touch with your post, they may hurt someone's health but that does not mean they are not right.

Considare Paul observing some believers celebrating the new moon, for I am not quite sure how and why they do that, and the need for doing it, but Paul did not want to come in friction with them, being believers in the Savior Jesus Christ for he was there to tell them something about our Lord Jesus Christ and heal some of their sick.

But along the way he said things that explain himself that he was not indorsing but only been courteous to them and their culture.

Leaving some matters for the right time, for even Jesus said do not be in a hurry to removed the weeds, we must wait for the right time.

And when is the right time, how could we know the right time?

There is the right time of man, and the right time of Our Lord Jesus Christ, that's why we need to learn toleranc, and how can we exercise tolerance and protect the people around us at the same time, that's a big question, for we can mistake the guidance of the Holy Spirit for the guidance of a strange spirit, if it is not according to our own  understanding.

Hazard what is the very specific commandment of Jesus to you or me that if we follow Jesus will tell us, you have love me good and faithful servants? 

We do not know till that time when he gives us this special commandment, for there many commandments that we follow and it pleases Jesus, but what is this very specific commandment, and I am not mysterious about that for it is not written anywhere and if it is the specific time to perform it is not written anywhere but it is hidden with the Holy Spirit.

Study what our Lord did to Peter, and how he ask him to go to Kornilious family then you may see where I am going with it. .

God bless

Hi Close Friend,

God obviously was not pleased with the new moons celebrations? We can go into that if you wish?

Isa 1:13, Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.

Isa 1:14, Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

You asked;

"Hazard what is the very specific commandment of Jesus to you or me that if we follow Jesus will tell us, you have love me good and faithful servants? . . . . . . . . but what is this very specific commandment, and I am not mysterious about that for it is not written anywhere and if it is the specific time to perform it is not written anywhere but it is hidden with the Holy Spirit."

God mentions the good and  faithful servants here in;

Matt. 25:21, "His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

Matt. 25:23, His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

Jesus has great rewards for His good and faithful servants as stated in Luke;

Luke 19:17, "And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities."

GBU, too,  :thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/15/2016 at 3:51 AM, HAZARD said:

Hi Close Friend,

God obviously was not pleased with the new moons celebrations? We can go into that if you wish?

Isa 1:13, Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.

Isa 1:14, Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

You asked;

God mentions the good and  faithful servants here in;

Matt. 25:21, "His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

Matt. 25:23, His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

Jesus has great rewards for His good and faithful servants as stated in Luke;

Luke 19:17, "And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities."

GBU, too,  :thumbsup:

Since God commanded the new moons, Sabbaths, and assemblies, God desired that these things be celebrated and when celebrated in honor of God, they were pleasing to God. God was not displeased by these commands, but was displeased that the celebrations were by habit and not a heartfelt celebration.

In the NT, it warns against such things as repetitive prayers etc. Why? Because doing things out of habit, or performing to appear to please God leads to the same problem. These can be done as an obligation, but hearts can actually be far from God while doing them. Doing them is not bad, but it is a question of attitude. The attitude can be bad.