• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Spock said:

According to Wikipedia, Mecca does sit on 7 hills. They have the entire list of cities that sit on 7 hills if you are interested. Pretty fascinating too.

Decide for yourself:

mecca.jpg.9ac8b0c371fb5db709fa743c518740

• Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Spock,

Just posted this again in case you missed it first time round.

blessings, Marilyn.

Hello Spook, I notice your last post and am hoping to put together answers to your questions. In the meantime there is a section in the 12 chapter of The Eighth Beast where I touch on Marilyn's observation that Daniel wrote parts of his book in both Hebrew and Aramaic. Therefore I will post for your consideration to by me the time to properly address your inquiries.

(Excerpt for Chapter 12 - Before the Conclusion of the Seventy Weeks)

Sadly, I know to properly re-examine the surety of the scriptural foundation of today’s “Modern Tribulation Theology” requires more effort and energy than most Christians are willing to invest, so-called “Christian Pastors” included. But considering the gravity of Daniel’s vision and the times in which we are living, it would stand as an indictment of indifference and carelessness against me if I did not invest some time to present at least a few points with a brief perspective of the events leading up to the final seventieth week of Daniel. Especially in light of the angel’s clear declaration that, “none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.” That statement resonates with the same alarm of truth as the words spoken to the Apostle John when the angel told him that “they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.”

The first observation that is important to make note of is that the book of Daniel was not entirely written in Daniel’s own language of Hebrew. That is a fact that must be acknowledged as significant if we are to “rightly divide the word of truth” in trying to define the roles of the key players in Daniel; especially those involved with the seventy weeks vision. Daniel begins writing in Hebrew, but in chapter 2:4 he switches to the language of his conquerors. From that point to the end of chapter seven Daniel wrote in Chaldee. The explanation given by Commentator Adam Clark is as follows, “As the Chaldeans had a particular interest both in the history and prophecies, from Daniel 2:4 to the end of Daniel 7:28, the whole is written in Chaldee.” Concerning chapter 8 to the end of the book, Adam Clarke continues explaining that Daniel wrote in Hebrew “as the prophecies which remain concern times posterior to the Chaldean monarchy, and principally relate to the Church and people of God generally, they are [therefore] written in the Hebrew language, this being the tongue in which God chose to reveal all his counsels given under the Old Testament relative to the New.”

Adam Clarke’s profound statement is worthy of your prayerful consideration, and dear reader I do not say that lightly. For it is being asserted that those prophecies in Daniel after chapter seven are “posterior to the Chaldean monarchy,” or perhaps more simply, post Babylon and after her fall. I think this detail gives good foundation for believing that many living today upon earth will witness the destruction of Mystery Babylon before the final “sealing up of the vision and prophecy… upon thy people and upon thy holy city.” Meaning, it is feasible that The Eighth Beast goes into perdition (destruction) before the conclusion of the seventieth week. To simplify that even further, I would assert that America, being The Eighth Beast and part of spiritual Babylon, will also be completely destroyed before the final prophecies of the vision regarding Israel are fulfilled prior to the Lord’s return.

My next observations and thoughts would be directed temporarily to the Angel Gabriel. In the Bible we only have four passages that mention him. The first we will but briefly address is where Gabriel is commissioned to explain to Daniel his vision of the ram and the he-goat, and to give the prophecy of the 70 weeks.

Daniel 8:15 - And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man. 16 And I heard a man’s voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision. 17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.

Now I want to remind the reader that this particular vision of Daniel’s is separate from the seventy weeks vision which was given to him while Babylon was still an intact sovereign empire, before the Medo-Persia invasion. 

Daniel 8:1 - In the third year of the reign of king Belshazzar a vision appeared unto me, even unto me Daniel, after that which appeared unto me at the first.

Now even though Babylon was still intact, all the prophecies about it were already given and about to be fulfilled. Therefore in chapter eight Daniel returns to writing in Hebrew because from now on the vision and prophecies are dealing with Israel post Babylon.  However, this vision in chapter eight is somewhat a continuance of one Daniel had earlier under the rule of Belshazzar, King of Babylon.

Daniel 7:1 - In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters. 2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea. 3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

These “four great beasts [that] came up from the sea” represent four great monarchies. For the sake of clarity and presentation, at this point we must temporarily set our discussion of Gabriel aside and address these four beasts who are actually four of five key players which were previously mentioned in chapter seven.

Daniel 7:4 - The first was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man’s heart was given to it.

This first beast “like a lion” with “eagle’s wings” represents the remarkable swiftness which with Babylon invaded Israel. Appropriately, elsewhere in scriptures we can also find Nebuchadnezzar, the king of Babylon, being depicted as a lion and his conquests as swift as an eagle.

Jeremiah 4:7 - The lion is come up from his thicket, and the destroyer of the Gentiles is on his way; he is gone forth from his place to make thy land desolate; and thy cities shall be laid waste, without an inhabitant.

Jeremiah 48:40 - For thus saith the LORD; Behold, he shall fly as an eagle, and shall spread his wings over Moab.

Isaiah 5:29 - Their roaring shall be like a lion, they shall roar like young lions: yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry it away safe, and none shall deliver it.

Ezekiel 17:3 - And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; A great eagle with great wings, long-winged, full of feathers, which had divers colors, came unto Lebanon, and took the highest branch of the cedar.

So it was with Nebuchadnezzar’s army in conquering Israel and the destruction of Jerusalem. The walls of the city were pulled down, the gates burned; the Temple robbed of all its treasures and destroyed. In the process, a considerable percentage of the Israelites were killed, while the choicest of the young men were carried away captive. Only the poorest were left behind as miserable farmers now laboring for Babylon.

Daniel 7:5 - And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

This second beast represented by a bear depicts the Medo-Persian Empire. It has been noted by some commentators how the bear, being the largest species of these four beasts, were found in the colder mountainous regions of Mede/Media (modern Iran). The Medo-Persian Empire is compared to a bear on account of their aggressiveness and seemingly unquenchable thirst for blood.

However, with the Jews in captivity, we see how the sovereignty of God moved upon the Medo-Persian Empire leaders to allow a return of the Jews to rebuild Jerusalem. It is during the time of this empire that the history of both the books of Ezra and Nehemiah take place.

Daniel 7:6 - After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

The third beast, a four-headed leopard with four wings of a fowl, is the Macedonian or Greek Empire which rose to its height of power under Alexander the Great. The swiftness with which Alexander accomplished his conquests is appropriately represented by “a leopard… with four wings of a fowl.” For though the Babylonian Empire was represented as a lion with two wings to witness the speed of Nebuchadnezzar’s conquests, Alexander’s empire has four wings; since up till that time in history no other empire was its equal. The four heads of the leopard prophetically foretells the dividing of the Macedonian Empire upon Alexander’s death between his four generals.

It is important to note in verse 6 that “dominion was given to it,” meaning the triumphs of the Greek Empire were not due to Alexander’s own brilliance or skill, or even the courage of his troops, rather the nations were “given” to him. Bishop Newton stated that, “had he not been assisted by the mighty power of God, how could he [Alexander the Great], with only thirty thousand men, have overcome Darius with six hundred thousand; and in so short a time have brought the countries from Greece as far as India into subjection?” It was God who gave Alexander his dominion, for we must always remember that the vision and prophecy are specifically concerning “thy people and upon thy holy city.”

Daniel 7:7 - After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

Note that this fourth beast is not identified with a known species as it “was diverse from all the beasts that were before it.” It is the Roman Empire, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly, and it devoured and breaks in pieces, and stamped the residue with its feet. This not only witnesses to Rome’s absolute triumph over all the other nations, bringing them to naught, but more significantly pointed to how Rome would destroyed Israel in 70 A.D. and scattered the remnant thereof throughout the nations of the world.

The “ten horns” on the beast were prophetic of the fall of Rome and how later it would be divided into ten smaller kingdoms, which to my knowledge many forsook the republic governing structure of Rome and returned to monarchies and have been surmised to be the following -

1. The Roman senate

2. The Greeks, in Ravenna

3. The Lombards in Lombardy

4. The Huns in Hungary

5. The Alemans, in Germany

6. The Franks in France

7. The Burgundians in Burgundy

8. The Saracens in Africa, and a part of Spain

9. The Goths, in other parts of Spain

10. The Saxons, in Britain

Hence the angel stated that the Roman Empire “was diverse from all the beasts that were before it,” for history reveals it was a republican form of government in contrast to the preceding monarchal empires and those that rose afterwards. Perhaps this fact serves as the foundation as to why it was not identified with a known species. Though God created man to have dominion, He never intended for men to govern their own selves. Such a government therefore is spiritually unnatural, being a creation of man and not of God. While many will disagree, I would assert that the only form of government God can truly approve is a monarchal kingdom, which under His guidance alone can be fashioned and ruled so as to prophetically represent His own, where He is honored as King of kings and Lord of lords.

Nevertheless, when men seek to reign over other men, they will eventually reject God’s word and His Kingdom. Then it is no longer God that is permitted to reign through men, but sin. This sad truth can not only be verified in the history of each of these empires, but in Israel’s history as well. For when sin reigns, it will always be found to be dreadful, terrible, and exceeding strong, for it devours and breaks in pieces, and stamps the residue with its feet as it will seek every opportunity to trodden underfoot the Son of God, and counts the blood of the covenant an unholy thing, and always despises the Spirit of grace.

Grace, Rights, and Responsibilities

Before continuing, I am compelled to make a short run down a rabbit trail that we might better understand the purpose of the judgments of God on men and nations. God created man with the ability to grow in knowledge and understanding of Him so he could love God and delight himself in Him; to be responsive to His will by embracing the life-preserving discipline of His holy precepts, delighting and meditating in them night and day. Therefore let’s look at two verses, one from each of Peter’s epistles.

I Peter 1:2 - Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

II Peter 1:2 - Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord.

The first verse clearly speaks of an election, which most straightway interpret to mean a chosen, or predestined person, or group of people who should be saved. Of course, the other side of that coin would accordingly indicate that there are those predestined not to be saved or even permitted the opportunity thereof. Such would imply it is God’s will they be denied the faith required to be save that others freely received by hearing the preaching of the cross. That would seemingly make God a “respecter of persons” which His own word condemns.

However, from the beginning, before any and all creation, God elected precisely how men were going to be saved. It would not be accomplished through logical persuasion; vainly attempting to reason with the lost and carnally minded using the wisdom of man or his eloquence of speech. No, the preaching of cross is the wisdom of God; that holy men and women would be given the call and obligation to make public proclamation of the mystery that was hid from the foundation of the world. Therefore we must recognize that only through our faith and obedience to preach the cross that we can dutifully choose to release this power of God which alone is capable of saving those who will truly hear and be saved from the guilt and bondage of their sins.

Keep in mind that in our civic system, we see that not only are people “elected” through a decisive voting process, but so are many of the laws that regulate the diverse aspects of everyday life. So I ask, have you ever considered this election might not pertain to “who” would be save, but rather “how,” as in spiritual laws regulating the way and means of salvation? So let’s look again at the end of I Peter 1:2, “through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ.”

Now you who believe scripture know it is true that no one “can say that Jesus is Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.” For it is evident that if any person is to understand that Jesus is the only Christ and Savior of humanity, it will require the illumination of the Holy Spirit. This was confirmed to Peter when he confessed to Jesus that He was “the Christ, the Son of the living God,” for Jesus told him “flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but My Father in Heaven.” Now, what did Jesus do His entire ministry prior to the cross? He preached! And what did Peter do? He applied that measure of faith given unto him to that which he heard and was illumination of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 4:17 - From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, Repent! For the kingdom of Heaven is at hand.

John 5:22 - For the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment to the Son, 23 so that all should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. 24 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes on Him who sent Me has everlasting life and shall not come into condemnation, but has passed from death to life.

Who will escape this condemnation? Those which believe in Jesus as the Christ and obey the Gospel, for no man can be “in Christ Jesus” unless, by that measure of faith, they choose to give themselves wholly unto God and “walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” For no man can truly “sanctify” or make himself holy so as to set himself apart for God without yielding to and obediently following the Spirit as He faithfully endeavors to lead them deeper into all truth. Faith which comes by hearing comes from the preaching based upon the cross of Jesus which is the very heart of the word of God. It affords all the hearers equal opportunity to obediently acknowledge both the judgment and will of God in their lives and thus be cleansed by the sprinkling of the blood of Jesus.  Listen to Jesus’ prayer to the Father and His testimony of His disciples.

John 17:6 - I have revealed Your name to the men whom You gave to Me out of the world. They were Yours, and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.

John 17:8 - For I have given to them the words which You gave Me, and they have received them and have known surely that I came out from You. And they have believed that You sent Me… 17 [Therefore] sanctify them through Your truth. Your Word is truth.

Now consider again what Peter said in his second epistle, “Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God.” The Greek word that was translated “knowledge” is not a noun, but actually a verb that implies “recognition, i.e. (by implication) full discernment, acknowledgement: (ac-knowledge-ing).” Note the context below in which the same Greek word was used, but translated differently in Paul’s epistle to the Colossians.

Colossians 2:2 - That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, even of the Father and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Thus Peter and Paul agree that true faith will remain in action by it acknowledging God in all things. That is actually how Young’s Literal Translation renders it -

II Peter 1:2 - Grace to you, and peace be multiplied in the acknowledgement of God and of Jesus our Lord!

Just as a person can walk into a room and have knowledge of another in the room and still fail to acknowledge them; so can we discern the difference between vain religious faith and true faith. True faith not only has and grows in its knowledge of God, it will acknowledge His will and be compelled into action by one’s love and gratitude to Him. The exhortation being men must continue to acknowledge God through their faith with obedience or they will run the risk of having a stagnant dead faith that merely professes a belief in Christian theology.

James 1:21 - Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. 22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

James 2:17 - Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.  18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works... 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

It is only when faith is alive through responsive action that God’s grace and peace can be “multiplied” in our lives. For if “by grace ye are saved,” it is through active faith that we are saved to the uttermost. Not by the works of faith we do, but by our active faith allowing the grace of God to gather us unto Himself through the “sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ.”  Be not deceived, if a man knows to do good and does it not, it is both a sin and grievance to the Holy Spirit of God.

Galatians 3:2 - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the [active] faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

Thus when men or a nation obediently acknowledge God’s will, they will be divinely empowered and enabled to freely enjoy the manifold benefits of God’s creation and Kingdom.  For be not deceived, no man or nation can enjoy rights or privileges if they ignore their responsibilities to the Kingdom of God. This truth is extremely important to acknowledge if we are going to be found fit for the kingdom of God; and these are not my words, but Jesus’ own.

Luke 9:62 - Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”

Revelation 22:12 - And, behold, I come quickly; and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14 Blessed are they that do His commandments,that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. 16 I Jesus have sent Mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches…

The Little Horn

Daniel 7:8 - I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things… 11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spoke: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

This little horn seems to be almost too quietly mentioned being contrasted against the weight of “the four winds of the heaven [which] strove upon the great sea” with those “four great beasts [that] came up from the sea.” However, there are a few points I would like to present which I believe are worthy of your prayerful consideration, hoping those reading will again place all their current persuasions safely upon the altar of God so as to be open to examine these things afresh.

First, this little horn’s origin comes from “among them,” this to me speaks of a nation or empire that will rise up, not only out of the “ten horns,” but in all probability predominantly from one in particular. Therefore it is prudent to stay mindful of how certain distinct attributes from each of those “four great beasts [that] came up from the sea” have also been assigned to the Eighth Beast that rises up out of the sea.

Revelation 13:1 -  And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Second observation, notice the “little horn” has “eyes like the eyes of man.” These “eyes of a man” speaks primarily to the lust of the eyes of men, signifying the little horn is never going to be satisfied till all it sees comes under its control and influence. Therefore he will be cunning, flattering, and given to endless lies, in a vain endeavor to achieve its ambitions. Thus this “little horn” has “a mouth speaking great things,” which also is seen to be associated with the Eighth Beast.

Revelation 13:5 - And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. 6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, and His tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

God has been long-suffering and forbearing with the folly of humanity; permitting many seemingly great things to occur which at the time many perceived and boasted were accomplished through the great wisdom and power possessed by men, only to have it all fall to ruin. All this ultimately permitted in order to prove to the whole of humanity that there is in fact a sovereign God, a Creator before whom all the nations are reckoned but mere dust in the scales. For all the souls of such powerful men will still stand before Him to give an accounting and to openly acknowledge that His alone is the Kingdom, the power, and glory forever and ever.

Isaiah 40:15 - Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, He taketh up the isles as a very little thing.

Now, let’s read again how three other horns were “plucked up by the roots” by the little horn and reexamine once more the following verses.

Daniel 7:8 - I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things... 11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spoke: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

It is simple history that originally the colonization of America was attempted by three of those ten horns; England, Spain and France. However, all three of these have been “plucked up by the roots” so to say, having lost all sovereign claims to American soil.

It is evident that it was because of “the great words which the horn spoke” that “the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.” Again, this too can be seen attributed to the Eighth Beast who is destined to be destroyed with fire by the ten horns.

Revelation 17:16 - And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Revelation 18:8 - Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

Daniel saw both the rise and fall of this “little horn” which was confirmed to be under the sovereign watch of the “Ancient of days.” No kingdom, even though they may appear to be running rampant in defiance to His great authority, has ever gone beyond the tolerance of the Lord’s great power and restraint.

Daniel 7:9 - I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of His head like the pure wool: His throne was like the fiery flame, and His wheels as burning fire.  10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before Him: thousand thousands ministered unto Him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened. 11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame. 12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

At this point, I would like to stress the importance of noting that the destruction of this “little horn,” which became a great beast and was destroyed by fire, that its destruction does not bring the same timely end to the other horns or “beasts.” It is clear, that though they lose some of their power, they are nonetheless permitted to continue on “for a season and time.” This reveals that there is a continuation of national events in the world after the destruction of the “little horn.”

Finally, let’s return our focus to Gabriel where he appeared to Daniel in chapter 8. Again, this is where Daniel once again returned to writing in Hebrew after he had written in Chaldee, which is Aramaic, the prophecies pertaining to Babylon. This is only a couple of years after Daniel was given the above vision of all the beasts; but now he is given another vision in the “third year of the reign of King Belshazzar.”

In this vision Daniel foresees the coming of the Medo-Persia Empire (second beast) represented as a ram with two horns, one higher than the other. As he was pondering the ram and its horns, a great he-goat appears with a single great horn between its eyes. This horn in chapter 8 is Alexander the Great, previously represented by the third beast in chapter 7 (the leopard) to which “dominion was given.” As stated earlier, this dominion was not just over the other nations, but was specifically being given to him over “thy people and the holy city.” Alexander the Great and the Grecian armies being represented by the “he goat” are shown prophetically to move so quickly it is said it did not even touch the ground.

Daniel 8:5 - And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

In the vision the he-goat smites the ram and breaks his two horns; taking away its power to stand and then casts the ram down to the ground. After which the he-goat/Greece becomes a greater empire until the notable horn, i.e. Alexander the Great, is broken and dies leaving his empire to be divided among his four generals.

Daniel 8:8 - Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven. 9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.

There is not much said about the “four notable ones” that came up, for the emphasis of the verse straightway goes to another “little horn” that came forth from one of them. Now many people and commentators believe that this little horn is the same little horn in Daniel 7:8, but I disagree. The first little horn in 7:8 comes from the remnants of the fourth beast’s ten horns, where this second little horn comes from one of the four horns of the third beast. Also, this second little horn arise in the time frame of “the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full,” which simply means the measure of God’s patience with the sins of the transgressors has come to an end; judgment is now imminent.

To put it simply here, I am strongly incline to believe this little horn was Antiochus Epiphanes who polluted the Temple by sacrificing a pig on the altar of God, blaspheming His name and was later defeated by the Maccabees. Antiochus died suddenly of worms and ulcers supposedly in 164 B.C., in harmony with Daniel 8:25 which says “but he shall be broken without hand.”

I know all this can be a mind-numbing subject for many. Be assured, I would much rather be discussing the Lord Jesus Christ and His glorious promises to us. But these points needed to be established for a foundation before the next chapter concerning Daniel’s Seventieth Week. However, I would like to make one last point that concerns a clue given to us in Daniel when he heard one angel speaking to another ask a question concerning a specific duration of time in this vision that began with the he-goat (Alexander the Great) coming and smiting the ram (The Medo/Persia empire).

Daniel 8:13 - Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? 14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

If the prophetic day here is to be understood the same as it is in chapter nine, then we can conclude the duration will be 2,300 years that “the sanctuary and the host [is] to be trodden under foot.” Undeniably, the retaking of the Temple Mount in 1967 was a significant event, one which would not have happen unless God had foretold it by His prophets.

Amos 3:7 - Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but He revealeth His secret unto His servants the prophets.

If we subtract 1,967 years from the 2,300 we end up with 333 years, as from year 1 B.C. to 1 A.D. there is only 1 year to be counted since there is no year zero to be counted in the timeline. Though we do not know the months or exact time of year, this is very close if not exactly to the time of Alexander the Great entrance into the Persian-ruled Asia Minor sometime in 334 B.C.

Josephus, in his “Antiquities of the Jews,” Book XI, chapter VIII, paragraph 5, records the events that unfolded with Alexander the Great arriving in Jerusalem:

“And when he (the High Priest) understood that he (Alexander the Great) was not far from the city (Jerusalem), he (the High Priest) went out in procession with the priests and the multitude of citizens. The procession was venerable, and the manner of it different from that of other nations … and when the Phoenicians and the Chaldeans that followed him (Alexander the Great), thought that they should have liberty to plunder the city, and torment the high priest to death, which the king’s displeasure fairly promised them, the very reverse of it happened; for Alexander, when he (Alexander the Great) saw the multitude at a distance, in white garments, while the priests stood clothed in fine linen, and the high priest in purple and scarlet clothing, with his miter on his head, having the golden plate whereon the name of God was engraved, he (Alexander the Great) approached by himself, and adored that name (the name of God), and first saluted the high priest. The Jews also did altogether, with one voice, salute Alexander, and encompass him about; where upon the kings of Syria and the rest were surprised at what Alexander had done, and supposed him [to be] disordered in his mind (They thought Alexander was crazy for bowing before the High Priest). However, Parmenio alone went up to him (Alexander the Great) and asked him how it came to pass that, when all others adored him, he should adore the high priest of the Jews? To whom he replied, “I did not adore him, but that G-d who hath honored him with his high-priesthood; for I saw this very person in a dream, in this very habit (high priestly garment), when I was at Dios in Macedonia, who, when I was considering with myself, how I might obtain the dominion of Asia, exhorted me to make no delay, but boldly to pass over the sea thither, for that he (God) would conduct my army, and would give me the dominion over the Persians; whence it is, that having seen no other in that habit (high priestly garment), and now seeing this person in it, and remembering that vision, and the exhortation which I had in my dream, I believe that I bring this army under the divine conduct, and shall therewith conquer Darius, and destroy the power of the Persians, and that all things will succeed according to what is in my own mind.”

When the high priest went outside Jerusalem to meet Alexander the Great, he took with him the Book of Daniel to show Alexander those prophecies which pertained to him and his conquests. Alexander was so moved that he then went into Jerusalem to the Temple to offer a sacrifice and there worshipped the God of the Jews.

Summary

1. I strongly believe there is profound prophetic significance in Daniel 2:4 thru 7:28 being written in Aramaic, dealing with Babylon and its fall. This signifying to me that after the Eighth Beast and Mystery Babylon the Great falls, there will continue a brief period of time for other prophecies to come to pass before the Lord returns. Hence this give those in America further indication of the necessity to humble themselves with fastings to prayerfully consider God’s command in Revelation 18:4 to “Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.”

2. Before we see the conclusion of the seventieth week of Daniel, we will have witnessed the fall of Babylon the Great, i.e. America. The Eighth Beast being completely destroyed with fire before the final prophecies of Daniel’s visions regarding Israel are fulfilled just prior to the Lord’s return.

3. The vision of the “little horn” that plucks up three other horns by their roots agrees historically with America having fought and gained her independence from England, Spain and France.

4. Gabriel is sent to Daniel after Babylon falls to declare both the endings and beginnings of other events on God’s predetermined timeline. Having been commissioned to explain to Daniel the vision of the ram and the he-goat, Gabriel also gives Daniel the prophecy of the seventy weeks concerning the time "unto the Messiah the Prince," (Daniel 8:16; 9:21). Later Gabriel appears in the New Testament to Zacharias proclaiming the birth of John the Baptist, and then later to Mary, announcing the birth of Jesus (Luke 1:19, 26). Thus, again, I feel these are prophetic indications that reinforces the certainty that before the conclusion of the seventieth week of Daniel concerning "thy people and upon thy holy city," it will be preceded by the fall of The Eight Beast and Babylon the Great.

5. It is crucial to understand the seventy weeks as a prophetic period of time that pertains to Daniel’s people and the holy city of Jerusalem.

5 hours ago, WilliamL said:

False again. The Beast "is not" -- present tense -- present in John's day, because he was bound in the Abyss. He was present before the Flood, and he will be present again after arising out of the Abyss. Thus he is "the Beast that was, and is not, and yet is." That is, he yet is -- present tense -- in the sense of still being in existence, but not in the sense of being present in John's day.

The problem I see in what you are saying is the failure to acknowledge the seven-headed beast is prophetic imagery for a succession of empires that are directly affiliated to Israel. The angel tells John that the seven heads represents those nations, the beast itself is representative of the eighth and final empire that goes into destruction. Five of those empires preceded Rome and Rome was the one that was present at the time of John and would bring in the destruction of Israel as a sovereign nation with boundaries and a functioning government.

After Israel “was not,” so also the beast “was not.” When Israel became a nation again, the beast reappeared as the seventh, whose king “continued a short space.” Afterwards we see the arising of the eighth and final empire, the eighth beast that will turn against Israel with an intent to destroy her.

On 28/12/2015 at 9:31 PM, Spock said:

Wow, looks interesting. I know I would read it, but if it is only through Kindle, I guess not. I'm not giving them another dollar from me. Is it available as an ebook outside of Kindle?

The 30th my book The Eighth Beast will be available for free on Kindle as I see they allowed me a "promotional" free day... Just FYI...

56822a8c5515b_BlogPage.thumb.jpg.1fb44cb

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

On 27/12/2015 at 11:38 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Thallasa,

The United nations is controlled by - Britain, America, Europe & Russia. These are the main powers that form the central control of the UN. Thus the `woman` the religious dogma of this institution `rides` upon the Political back of the Super Powers (mentioned in God`s word) of today.

Hope that helps, Marilyn.

The UN is controlled by the OIC.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  277
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

43 minutes ago, OakWood said:

The UN is controlled by the OIC.

Hi OakWood,

This is what the OIC say about themselves -

The OIC, the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation is the second largest inter-governmental organisation after the United Nations which has a membership of 57 states spread across four continents. The Organisation is the collective voice of the Muslim world & ensuring to safeguard & protect the interests of the Muslim world in the spirit of promoting international peace & harmony among various people of the world.

So what proof do you have to say the OIC is controlling the UN? I am interested to hear. I would have thought down the track, but you say now.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  1

Mystery Babylon is a system,that's why we are told to come out of her.....

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi OakWood,

This is what the OIC say about themselves -

So what proof do you have to say the OIC is controlling the UN? I am interested to hear. I would have thought down the track, but you say now.

Marilyn.

Proof? Is it not obvious?

They have enough members to block-vote and veto many resolutions. The UN is trying bring in an international law to make criticism of Islam illegal and they are frequently raising resolutions against Israel while ignoring other states that are in infringement of human rights. Several politicians and academics have been critical of the excessive attention that the UN gives to Israel's treatment of Palestinians. In fact the UN has been criticised a number or times over allegations of anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism.

Muslim states simply vote together to get many laws passed which go in their favour. This has been happening for decades. I thought everybody knew that. That's the problem with a democratic Global club. Once rogue states have enough votes to take over power then the entire club becomes rotten.

In September the Saudi Arabian, Faisal Bin Hassan Trad was elected as chairman of the Human Rights Council. So expect things to get worse.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  622
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  57,286
  • Content Per Day:  7.57
  • Days Won:  280

1 hour ago, OakWood said:

Proof? Is it not obvious?

They have enough members to block-vote and veto many resolutions. The UN is trying bring in an international law to make criticism of Islam illegal and they are frequently raising resolutions against Israel while ignoring other states that are in infringement of human rights. Several politicians and academics have been critical of the excessive attention that the UN gives to Israel's treatment of Palestinians. In fact the UN has been criticised a number or times over allegations of anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism.

Muslim states simply vote together to get many laws passed which go in their favour. This has been happening for decades. I thought everybody knew that. That's the problem with a democratic Global club. Once rogue states have enough votes to take over power then the entire club becomes rotten.

In September the Saudi Arabian, Faisal Bin Hassan Trad was elected as chairman of the Human Rights Council. So expect things to get worse.

In the full assembly that is true, but in the security council where the real teeth and control are those nations that she mentioned are securely in control at the present time.     The powers behind those countries that control the security council are satanic in nature and in firm control of the planet and are using the conflict between Islam and the Judeo/Christian's to ready the world for a huge global war.  Obviously fought over religious differences and by the time it's over they hope to destroy the Jews and those few left from Islam and Christianity will be so sick of religion that they will reject it all.....    and since they foment the war and set the rules of engagement, they can stop it whenever they choose.....     in comes the Antichrist bringing in peace and the whole world will demand he be king and will later accept him as God.

Thus says the demonic spirit guide of Albert Pike who set this all in motion among the dark side a bit over a hundred years ago.

btw that dark side has been here since the days of Nimrod and the tower of Babel and has existed throughout the centuries through dark religions and secret societies, and has been the controlling all civilizations since shortly after the flood.   Same dark side entity in all those heads of state you all speak of in those beast countries....     Obama works for him, Trump will also if he gets elected...   and lives......

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  6

Blind Seeker,

FYI, the .99 doesn't bother me....its Kindle. I don't want to give them 10 dollars a month again. Done that, had some issues, moved on. So, even if I could get your book on Dec 30, I doubt I would be able to read it all that day.  

Thanks for shRing chapter 12.  I will read it sometime today (busy day) but still time.

spock (not spook). :)