• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, algots said:

I am so amazed at how people are so willing to ignore false teaching when they want, or stand, to get something out of it.

False teachers, by definition, have false followers.

What makes you think your not a false teacher??. You are the one who is arguing with God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

26 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

:emot-heartbeat:

It's Clear Brother
The Faith Is In The One Who Prays

And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour. Matthew 8:13

What~!

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 1 John 5:14

You Thought Grandmother's Prayers Fell On Deaf Ears?

Well said Joe!  Even so, oh the mysterious ways God works!  Who can claim they have faith, but those whom God gives faith?  Ephesian 2:8-9  For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

53 minutes ago, algots said:

There is no "faith" in God....
only faith in faith....

May The LORD Bless Thee

That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, Ephesians 3:16-17

And Keep Thee In

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Mark 11:24

His Arms

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. Romans 15:13

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

PS: My Desire

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

Is To Be With The LORD

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple. Psalms 27:4 

My Wife's Desire Is For Me To Be With Her

Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD. Proverbs 18:22

The Next Major Operation I Have

And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. Mark 11:22

Will Give One Of Us

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:6

The Answer To

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him.
Job 13:15-16

Our Prayers

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalms 23:1

25 minutes ago, algots said:

And the ONLY thing a Christian will desire is to do God's will,
not to fulfill the lusts of our greedy little deceptive hearts. A greed which can never be satisfied.

Step

That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 1 Corinthians 2:5

By Step

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

He Gets A Little Dearer

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. 2 Peter 3:18

~

Beloved It Is A Pleasure
Discussing The LORD Jesus With You

God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

On 3/16/2016 at 7:29 PM, algots said:

If anyone really has the gift of healing, I'm wondering, why aren't hey going to the Hospitals?

Yes,then who needs a doctor and who needs to be in a hospital?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Alan Hales -

your idea of Gods prosperity assurance for us is not sound. God never promised us great wealth or riches. His promises were that we would have all we needed, not to go hungry, or be homeless, naked, or poor. God did not intend for especially his workers, to be financially exaulted. If your theory was correct then Apostle Paul who did more works, labored abundantly, than any other apostle, should have been vastly wealthy. Would you dare say that Benny Hinn who has a great deal of personal wealth has forwarded the kingdom of God more than Apostle Paul? I think not. 

Algot -

thank you for your previous comments, but if you look at Paul and Timothy's situations; Paul was not physically ill, his faith was overwhelmingly abundant (as for the few people that they say were left unhealed by the apostle, this can not be shown to be true that they were not made well later on); as for Timothy and his stomach issues it would seem pretty clear that Paul advised him to drink wine for a couple reasons, he could have easily been healed but drinking water which may have been dirty or contaminated constantly, would cause recurring stomach problems, drinking wine would eliminate drinking the contaminated water as much and some alcohol wouldn't hurt. These are very logical assumptions to make instead of people theorizing that any apostle lacked enough faith.

On March 16, 2016 at 9:29 PM, algots said:

If anyone really has the gift of healing, I'm wondering, why aren't hey going to the Hospitals?

#1 lack of confidence #2 there are laws that could put that person in penalty, they could potentially be sued by the hospital or by patients #3 unbelief/doubt 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 hour ago, FresnoJoe said:

May The LORD Bless Thee

That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, Ephesians 3:16-17

And Keep Thee In

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Mark 11:24

His Arms

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. Romans 15:13

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

PS: My Desire

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

Is To Be With The LORD

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple. Psalms 27:4 

My Wife's Desire Is For Me To Be With Her

Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD. Proverbs 18:22

The Next Major Operation I Have

And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. Mark 11:22

Will Give One Of Us

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:6

The Answer To

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him.
Job 13:15-16

Our Prayers

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalms 23:1

Joe, I may be prying here, but I am wondering if you are having an operation soon?  Thank you for all the time you have put in here, I really appreciate you!

2 hours ago, hmbld said:

Joe, I may be prying here, but I am wondering if you are having an operation soon?  Thank you for all the time you have put in here, I really appreciate you!

I'll Know On March The 29th
The Trouble Is An Abdominal Aorta Aneurism
And The (Probable) Need For An Aorta Crossover To Pipe Blood Between My Legs

This Would Of Been Over The First Week In January
But After A December Ten Day Stay In Hospital
To NOT Clear Up A Vicious Leg Infection
(Seventeen Days Total Treatment)
It Took An Infectious Disease Expert (And Prayer)
Another Forty Five Days To Wipe Out Those Busy Little Germs 

I'm Praying And Rejoicing In Elgin
I Am Blessed

~

Thank You For Asking

Love, Your Brother Joe

32 minutes ago, algots said:

No one is going to sue you for healing them. However, you could be exposed as a fraud.  I think the latter is what I believe.

Oh, to the earlier comment, haha. 

Well what if someone isnt healed? What if you expose someone with a weak immune system to something? Or come in contact with someone and carry it to another patient? There are many possibilities. But I have asked this question to people before and these are the answers I have gotten. I have recently been around miracles, I think it would take a lot more confidence to pray for someone in a hospital who you have to go to, rather than someone who comes to you. 

Something interesting I have been studying and developing is a theory I have not come across anywhere in my research. This would be that faith is not the key, the key is a total lack of doubt. The best prayers are the ones that aren't thought about, just on the fly. For me walking into a place that is full of sick people would bring an intial amount of doubt for sure, rather than in a home or a church.