• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

12 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Well that's your first mistake. The word "rapture" is derived from the Latin "rapiermur" which is the equivalent of "caught up together", which is the translation for the Greek harpagesometha.  Since this word is clearly in the Bible, you have to go back to square one. Please note below (1 Thess 4:17):

Scrivener's Textus Receptus 1894
ἔπειτα ἡμεῖς οἱ ζῶντες οἱ περιλειπόμενοι, ἅμα σὺν αὐτοῖς ἁρπαγησόμεθα [harpagesometha] ἐν νεφέλαις εἰς ἀπάντησιν τοῦ Κυρίου εἰς ἀέρα· καὶ οὕτω πάντοτε σὺν Κυρίῳ ἐσόμεθα.

King James Bible
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Latin Vulgate

Deinde nos, qui vivimus, qui relinquimur, simul rapiemur cum illis in nubibus obviam Christo in aera, et sic semper cum Domino erimus.

Seriously? You want to argue with me over one word in one verse that you can not put in a bible search engine and find a scripture for?

11 Many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 Because lawlessness will multiply, the love of many will grow cold. 

Now that's in the bible: people that want to argue over one word instead of glorify Christ and proclaim the love of God in Christ Jesus... That's in lots of places in the bible and doesn't have to be translated through several languages to see it. 

I'll surely pray for you. but, I wont argue with you. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

36 minutes ago, OakWood said:

For the last time Ezra, I've already told you the Tribulation is NOT a judgement.

And for the last time you should distinguish between the trials, tribulations, afflictions, and martyrdoms of Christians since 30 AD, and "the Tribulation" ("the time of Jacob's trouble") which is for the unbelieving, the unregenerate, the ungodly, and the unconverted. It is is judgement, and Scripture makes it perfectly clear.

Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?  Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it. (Jer 30:6,7)

But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap: And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness. Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years. And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts. (Mal 3:2-5).

40 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

Seriously? You want to argue with me over one word in one verse that you can not put in a bible search engine and find a scripture for?

Exactly.  You denied that the Rapture is in the Bible.  You were shown that it is.  But instead of being thankful, you give me this retort.  The term "Rapture" has been in Christian usage for decades, so to deny that it is a valid term is similar to saying that "the Trinity is not in the Bible" even though the truth of the Trinity is plainly stated (Mt 28:19).

BTW it does not bother me in the least if you are trying to insinuate that I am a "false prophet" since you are the one who is resisting the truth.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

11 Many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 Because lawlessness will multiply, the love of many will grow cold. 

Now that's in the bible: people that want to argue over one word instead of glorify Christ and proclaim the love of God in Christ Jesus... That's in lots of places in the bible and doesn't have to be translated through several languages to see it. 

I'll surely pray for you. but, I wont argue with you. 

amen sister, its about the love of God and the word of love, its not about the who is right and who is wrong,

its about planting seeds and saving souls, to point people into the right way , to show them the power of the cross,

its to love one another, and not get caught up in the pride of the foolish,

blessings to you , awesome working of the fruit of spirit , you go girl ,,lol

shalom,

56 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Exactly.  You denied that the Rapture is in the Bible.  You were shown that it is.  But instead of being thankful, you give me this retort.  The term "Rapture" has been in Christian usage for decades, so to deny that it is a valid term is similar to saying that "the Trinity is not in the Bible" even though the truth of the Trinity is plainly stated (Mt 28:19).

BTW it does not bother me in the least if you are trying to insinuate that I am a "false prophet" since you are the one who is resisting the truth.

Fact.... Rapture......? is not in the bible any where,

and so we use this word, as the taking away violently  , to be caught up with , the gathering of the believers to God, but it is a word?

but not in the bible,? you cling on this, to make a statement, but you have not given ,

the power of the believer that places there faith in God and in the name of Jesus will be gathered, the elect is gathered ,by the angels to our God,

it does not tell us we get taken in any other time, and there is no secret taking away for Jesus tells us from His lips,

and so this is true scripture, and now, that Jesus said you will have tribulation, we will,

you have not been able to change this truth, and so , you have not proven your view to be truth ?

blessings and I will pray for you also , my brother,,

shalom

6 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

Fact.... Rapture......? is not in the bible any where, and so we use this word, as the taking away violently  , to be caught up with , the gathering of the believers to God, but it is a word? but not in the bible,? you cling on this, to make a statement,

So SS, "Trinity" is not in the Bible.  

Do you believe that the triune Godhead is three distinct Divine Persons -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?  Yes or No.

Do you believe that Jesus is God?  Yes or No.  

You have still not responded to this question.  And unless you believe that Jesus is God, none of your posts has any validity.

You are denying the Bible truth of the Rapture simply because you can't locate that word? Amazing.  And while we are on the subject of words, kindly compose your posts a little better.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

Ezra,

I did not say a rapture wasn't in the bible. I said Rapture (the word) wasn't in the bible and its not. I know the Lords raising us up on the last day like he said. I know we will meet Him in the air.  I just do not know what or when the last day is. I'm not saying your a prophet real our false, I know your not a prophet. I'm not even saying your a teacher true or false. I know if you have no patience with the weak and unlearned your not a teacher either. I am saying isn't more important to testify to the salvation of Christ and be kind and patient with people who don't have conviction on questionable doctrines?

People argue over eschatology beliefs and take offense and badger and falsely accuse each other. But there is no power to save in knowing which one is most provable. I'm also saying the word developing our character is more important then puffing up our heads with knowledge till our hearts wax cold toward co labors in Christ. I'm also saying Its not beneficial for the body of Christ to get so arrogant in worthless knowledge that you don't grow in attributes of Christ.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

51 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

Fact.... Rapture......? is not in the bible any where,

6 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

I said Rapture (the word) wasn't in the bible and its not.

Rapture is a word found in Bibles that are written in Old French and Old Latin, translating the Greek verb harpazo found in 1 Thes. 4:17, in English translated "caught up." English has borrowed many terms from those languages and made them part of the English language. English also uses the same foreign root in our word raptor, meaning a bird that snatches/catches up its prey.

So just because the word is not found in your Bibles...

Just now, WilliamL said:

Rapture is a word found in Bibles that are written in Old French and Old Latin, translating the Greek verb harpazo found in 1 Thes. 4:17, in English translated "caught up." English has borrowed many terms from those languages and made them part of the English language. English also uses the same foreign root in our word raptor, meaning a bird that snatches/catches up its prey.

So just because the word is not found in your Bibles...

understandable, and yet, the bibles we read today and yesterday are not giving the word Rapture, thank you for that,

in fact it is not about the word really, it is about the use of this word in , or out of context,  to get a meaning out of this is what the question is, according to the events told to us in the bible, to place it in a action that does not exists according to scripture and of the timing of so called word,

this word, will be used and in action, when Jesus comes back to gather  His believers, and so , it is about the use of this word,

but you are correct in your statement, but today ,  most people only have one bible, and its not fully equipt to bring in heavy study

unlike some, have several bibles and all types  , and dictionaries to help with understanding the meanings and words given , in the greek or in the Hebraic,

but the main point is what we do with the word, that we use, to keep it in line with scripture or, to assume and make up what ever sounds good to justify a false teaching,

thank you William blessings and peace

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

And for the last time you should distinguish between the trials, tribulations, afflictions, and martyrdoms of Christians since 30 AD, and "the Tribulation" ("the time of Jacob's trouble") which is for the unbelieving, the unregenerate, the ungodly, and the unconverted. It is is judgement, and Scripture makes it perfectly clear.

Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?  Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it. (Jer 30:6,7)

But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap: And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness. Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years. And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts. (Mal 3:2-5).

No Ezra..... you are completely butchering scripture. I tell you what, preach your theory to the Christians in the Middle East, I'm sure they'll buy it. Tell the pastor that is currently being tortured in an Iranian jail about your theory, I'm sure he'll be only too willing to agree with you. The facts simply do not support what you are saying.

Have you actually read what anybody has told you? The ONLY time the righteous have been raptured/ escaped /delivered is when they were escaping the judgement of God that the Lord was dishing out on other people. I'm not saying that the pre-Trib rapture is incorrect, I'm saying that your premise for defending it is false. Nowhere can you use Biblical history (past events) to justify your belief that a rapture will occur before the Tribulation. I'm sorry but you are stubbornly refusing to listen to what others are telling you and you are twisting what is written in the Bible. Your blindness is astonishing.