IGNORED

Does A Christian Need To Speak/Pray in Tongues To Filled and Empowed With The Holy Spirit

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

On 3/29/2016 at 0:27 AM, Prayerful Flower said:

I personally believe we are Filled with all of the Blessed Holy Trinity, when we are orn again as New Creations in Christ Jesus  see 2nd Cor.5:17-18, we must just Live in Jn.15:1-7.  hat says it all as we Abide In Christ and Keep and live within an From In Our Hearts His Commandments His teachings.

1 Corinthians 13New International Version (NIV)

13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,248
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Amen!

Therefore the biggest gift:

1 Cor. 13:1

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.…

:amen:  It is the reason we eat of His Body and Drink of His Blood... s/Spiriatually it is the only Life that the vehicle of faith transports to the cleanness of Our Lord :thumbsup: 
May we then bind to ourselves that which is accepted the everlasting and release that which is not the temporal and evangelize the world as we are commanded...
Love, Steven 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I was filled with the Holy Spirit when I was born again I am a new creation ...born of the Spirit..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

The Holy Spirit comes to permanently live within us at the point of salvation-- there are different levels of fellowship with the spirit though, we can quench Him, grieve Him or be filled by Him-- tongues has nothing to do with our level of fellowship. Coherent prayer, obedience and reading scripture allows the Spirit to aid and fill us. Our level of active fellowship can vary day by day depending on the afore mentioned factors.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

19 hours ago, woundeddog said:

The Holy Spirit comes to permanently live within us at the point of salvation-- there are different levels of fellowship with the spirit though, we can quench Him, grieve Him or be filled by Him-- tongues has nothing to do with our level of fellowship. Coherent prayer, obedience and reading scripture allows the Spirit to aid and fill us. Our level of active fellowship can vary day by day depending on the afore mentioned factors.

Amen  !

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 5/6/2016 at 7:49 AM, gods pilgrim said:

I was filled with the Holy Spirit when I was born again I am a new creation ...born of the Spirit..

Amen, He saves us, give us His precious Holy Spirit and we truly are a new creation!  Thank You Lord!

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i was given a prayer tongue because of a family issue where my wife was about to do something to endanger both  herself and our kids.....    didn't ask for it, but also could not say no.     but I was filled with the Spirit long before that happens so i can say from personal experience that NO one does not have to speak in tongues to have the spirit.......   my wife doesn't speak in tongues and she's as full of the Spirit as anyone on earth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

21 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I believe that to speak in tongues is a deception, and a trick of the old devil himself,

The Bible says differently; from the King James Bible online:

1 Corinthians 14:1-40 - Follow after charity, and desire spiritual [gifts], but rather that ye may prophesy. 

1 Corinthians 14:27-28 - If any man speak in an [unknown] tongue, [let it be] by two, or at the most [by] three, and [that] by course; and let one interpret.  

1 Corinthians 14:23 - If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in [those that are] unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

1 Corinthians 14:2 - For he that speaketh in an [unknown] tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth [him]; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

Mark 16:17 - And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Acts 2:4 - And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 2:1-47 - And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.  

1 Corinthians 13:8 - Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Acts 2:6 - Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

1 Corinthians 14:19 - Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that [by my voice] I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an [unknown] tongue.

Acts 19:6 - And when Paul had laid [his] hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

1 Corinthians 14:27 - If any man speak in an [unknown] tongue, [let it be] by two, or at the most [by] three, and [that] by course; and let one interpret.

Acts 19:1-41 - And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,   (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 14:13 - Wherefore let him that speaketh in an [unknown] tongue pray that he may interpret.

Mark 16:15-18 - And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.  

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 - Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.   (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 14:22 - Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying [serveth] not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

Acts 10:46 - For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Acts 2:1-11 - And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.  
Acts 10:44-46 - While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

45 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

The Bible says differently; from the King James Bible online:

1 Corinthians 14:1-40 - Follow after charity, and desire spiritual [gifts], but rather that ye may prophesy. 

1 Corinthians 14:27-28 - If any man speak in an [unknown] tongue, [let it be] by two, or at the most [by] three, and [that] by course; and let one interpret.  

1 Corinthians 14:23 - If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in [those that are] unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

1 Corinthians 14:2 - For he that speaketh in an [unknown] tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth [him]; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

Mark 16:17 - And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Acts 2:4 - And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 2:1-47 - And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.  

1 Corinthians 13:8 - Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Acts 2:6 - Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

1 Corinthians 14:19 - Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that [by my voice] I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an [unknown] tongue.

Acts 19:6 - And when Paul had laid [his] hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

1 Corinthians 14:27 - If any man speak in an [unknown] tongue, [let it be] by two, or at the most [by] three, and [that] by course; and let one interpret.

Acts 19:1-41 - And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,   (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 14:13 - Wherefore let him that speaketh in an [unknown] tongue pray that he may interpret.

Mark 16:15-18 - And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.  

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 - Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.   (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 14:22 - Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying [serveth] not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

Acts 10:46 - For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Acts 2:1-11 - And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.  
Acts 10:44-46 - While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Do you speak and pray in tongues MG?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

13 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

Do you speak and pray in tongues MG?

okay tell me M.G and BoPeep you speak in tongues, ? this was in the past, it is not of the future, and so tell me you speak ,in tongues, ?

this was a language thing, and not of a babel possession?

what do you say ?