IGNORED

Should Christians Be Part of More than 1 Church at the Same Time??

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Mega,,,,,

I'm so happy you shared your personal experience here along with myself & many others,,,,that is what we do,share our personal journeys & hope to encourage others by everything we have gone through,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I also participated in other church and para-church activities. I see nothing at all, wrong with pursuing spiritual growth aggressively, and opportunities you serve others with the gifts God has given. Sometimes, those opportunities and not so available in some churches. I do not see it as dividing loyalties, I see it as recognizing the the body of Christ is universal, not local and certainly not restricted to a single physical address.

I do not believe that I have suffered at all, by broadening  my Christian experience, and I know that others have benefited from my doing that as well. Not only at the time that I was doing that, but over the years since, people might still benefit from my experiences. 

posted by Omegaman

That is the whole point,if you find yourself becoming "stagnant",it might be time to move on & explore other opportunities for spiritual growth,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as you stated earlier,,,,"There is but ONE CHURCH" & it bears repeating for anyone being made to feel they are to be obligated to one little(or big?) group of Believers &  that moving upward & away from that group is some kind of disloyal act,,,,,it is not,imo

Glory to God,let Him direct every footstep & He Will

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,145
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/24/1993

i personally dont believe in denominations i believe each church is Gods house the worship styles etc may be different in each and thats where we feel comfortable in etc i also believe i can attend more than one im trying to find one that doesnt require membership to be apart of it so im able to still freely visit other churches and fellowship with many more believers instead of the same group over and over however my main church will be the one without membership needed

On 6/1/2016 at 10:35 PM, HAZARD said:

Just remembered, I was invited to attend a particular church by the pastor of that church. I was keen to attend, and so, on the day I arrived, even though I was clean and neatly casually dressed, plain shirt, grey trousers, leather shoes, and a jacket, I was taken aside and advised that in future, I must wear a white shirt, a suit and tie. I wonder where that is written in the Scriptures? :laugh:

wow to me it shouldn't be about our dress but who we have come to worship

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,437
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

I don't see anything wrong. After all we all belong to one Universal Church. But then I don't see the need of attending two churches either...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

My church (denomination) is excellent with respect to reverence and communion with God, but it does not fit the bill with respect to Bible study. I won't find such communion of heart and Spirit anywhere else and this is the reason why I stay there. I don't visit (physically) other denominations very often, but I frequently visit many of them through the Internet. I also feel the need to interact with Christians from other denominations -- I think it is healthy to listen to different points of view.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

My thoughts are -

`But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the Body, just as He pleased.` (1 Cor. 12: 18)

My husband & I meet with local believers in many ways - fellowship, pray, study, meals etc. No particular building or time. We encourage each other especially as we are discipling others in the Lord. We get to know those each are reaching out to. The circle widens & we help each other in daily life in many ways. Money is not for buildings or wages but for missionary work & helping those around us in need.

Note - we are not against those who meet in the traditional way in a formal meeting run by organisations.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/30/2016 at 9:45 PM, Prayerful Flower said:

Should a Bible Believing Christian Be Part of More Than 1 Church Or Church Fellowship at the Same Time ,especially if they are different Denomanations or Interfaith Churches?

I sure hope not since the total body of believers in Christ is the CHURCH.

If you take notice of scriptures in Revelation you will note such entries as this: 

Rev 2:12  And to the angel of the church IN Pergamos

Rev 2:8  And unto the angel of the church IN Smyrna . .

Rev 2:18  And unto the angel of the church IN Thyatira . .

I do know what you're asking, and I do realize we seek others of like faith to fellowship with, but there are instruction also to being involved such as where Paul says in 1 Cor 3:4  For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? Today it is more apt to be labeled AOG, Baptist, Catholic, Presbyterian, or whatever. The problems derived from such alliances lead to 1 Cor 3:3  . . there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions . .

When I am able I attend an assembly with no membership other than their affiliation in Christ Jesus, and that has preaching that feeds my spiritual growth. I do enjoy worshipping together also and am not at all adverse joining in the praise and worship of other believers whether or not I agree with all their doctrines. :)