IGNORED

What do you think about veiled christians?

JNMRR

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

In the OT and in the NT the people called and chosen didn't go by what society said, nor even by what their own families and friends and culture said like practically all people do today.

Those called and chosen were set apart by God, for God's Own Purpose, not man's.

Those called and chosen by God had instructions from God, and fellowship and lived in union with God, doing as He Said.

17 hours ago, JNMRR said:

Wikipedia says about a veil " A veil is an article of clothing or cloth hanging that is intended to cover some part of the head or face, or an object of some significance. It is especially associated with women and sacred objects. "  so it can be the covering of hair as well.

1 hour ago, SIC said:

It's entirely upto the individual. It must be quite uncomfortable wearing the veil. But well if an individual chooses to wear it it's none of my business

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

17 hours ago, JNMRR said:

Women get raped while wearing a burqa yes it happens, but my point is that men get aroused by the physical beauty of women and i can't understand why is it so bad if a woman wants to cover herself so no men can see her body shape or hair.

If you choose to cover your body and hair, that is your choice and will not try to change your mind - it's not my place. I will say that I am grieved for you that you are taking the responsibility of the condition of other people's hearts on your shoulders.  :(

Yes, women and men should all dress decently and so as not to attract unwarranted attention on several levels.  People OUGHT TO dress with self-respect and respect for their fellow human beings.

My dear, for many millions of women, there is no garment on the planet that will cover their God-given "shape".  Even many of the fundamentalist Christians I know who claim "dresses only" for women and who wear simple, boxy, and old timey dresses cannot hide the fact that their bodies have curves.

Choose to dress each day for YOUR OWN spiritual success - the honoring of God even with your clothing.  Please consider that what you are doing to choosing to dress so as not to cause the spiritual failure of others.  There's a huge difference in those motivations. 

Dressing for you own spiritual success and self-respect and God's glory brings you confidence and an ability to accomplish things for the Kingdom of God. 

Merely dressing and hiding your body and hair to prevent the spiritual and moral failures of others only makes you a walking martyr. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

18 hours ago, JNMRR said:

Women get raped while wearing a burqa yes it happens, but my point is that men get aroused by the physical beauty of women and i can't understand why is it so bad if a woman wants to cover herself so no men can see her body shape or hair.

If you choose to cover your body and hair, that is your choice and will not try to change your mind - it's not my place. I will say that I am grieved for you that you are taking the responsibility of the condition of other people's hearts on your shoulders.  :(

Yes, women and men should all dress decently and so as not to attract unwarranted attention on several levels.  People OUGHT TO dress with self-respect and respect for their fellow human beings.

My dear, for many millions of women, there is no garment on the planet that will cover their God-given "shape".  Even many of the fundamentalist Christians I know who claim "dresses only" for women and who wear simple, boxy, and old timey dresses cannot hide the fact that their bodies have curves.  It's virtually impossible to hide the shape of the breasts and hips and waist.  Even in a burka.

Choose to dress each day for YOUR OWN spiritual success - the honoring of God even with your clothing.  Please consider that what you are doing is choosing to be invisible so as not to cause the spiritual failure of others.  There's a huge difference in those motivations.  One is healthy.  One is not.

Dressing for you own spiritual success and self-respect and God's glory brings you confidence and an ability to accomplish things for the Kingdom of God. 

Merely dressing and hiding your body and hair to prevent the spiritual and moral failures of others only makes you a walking martyr. 

Edited by Jayne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

53 minutes ago, LeavesSeeds said:

In the OT and in the NT the people called and chosen didn't go by what society said, nor even by what their own families and friends and culture said like practically all people do today.

Those called and chosen were set apart by God, for God's Own Purpose, not man's.

Those called and chosen by God had instructions from God, and fellowship and lived in union with God, doing as He Said.

I'm sorry. But I don't get your point....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Many people wear head coverings when they go to church, or some might wear it for fashion, it's the motive behind it of why you want to wear it,why would Christian women want to look like Muslims? You can wear lots of nice colorful scarves ...not a thing wrong with it.   I ones heard from a missionary in Africa ,that even if people are all veiled and wear long dresses,man will still be turned on by looking at their ankles. So really ,can a woman even hide anything if she wanted?

1 Cor. 11:6

Roles in Worship
5And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for it is just as if her head were shaved. 6If a woman does not cover her head, let her hair be cut off. And if it is shameful for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. 7A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man.…

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194

Some women just like wearing hats so it seems to me that presently among Christians it is simply a matter of choice.  When I was a girl and raised in Catholic traditions we still wore hats or something on our heads in church.   I believe it was based on the culture of  Paul's day when women were to cover their heads.  Not relevant to Christian women now.

Edited by seabrook

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

10 minutes ago, seabrook said:

Some women just like wearing hats so it seems to me that presently among Christians it is simply a matter of choice.  When I was a girl and raised in Catholic traditions we still wore hats or something on our heads in church.   I believe it was based on the culture of  Paul's day when women were to cover their heads.  Not relevant to Christian women now.

Hi Seabrook,

Amen but some  Christian women choose still to do so let no men judge them, I believe too that it was a culture thing.

1Do not judge, or you will be judged. 2For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.…

Matt.7:1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

4 hours ago, angels4u said:

Many people wear head coverings when they go to church, or some might wear it for fashion, it's the motive behind it of why you want to wear it,why would Christian women want to look like Muslims? You can wear lots of nice colorful scarves ...not a thing wrong with it.   I ones heard from a missionary in Africa ,that even if people are all veiled and wear long dresses,man will still be turned on by looking at their ankles. So really ,can a woman even hide anything if she wanted?

1 Cor. 11:6

Roles in Worship
5And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for it is just as if her head were shaved. 6If a woman does not cover her head, let her hair be cut off. And if it is shameful for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. 7A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man.…

The idea is not to look like muslim but the idea is to cover just because of some reason that the woman has. Covering whole head and hair in the "hijab" style just happens to be the style that muslims use. Nuns got similiar covering styles too though :-D

Covering head with scarf and wearing long maxi dress is anyway just usually associated with arabs, muslims, indians, gypsies and so on but mostly it's associated with muslims i think. It's just that nobody see christian women wearing scarves and long dresses nowadays that much or it is very very rare so people just start wondering.

And btw what if the woman doesn't like colorful scarves?

Yes men can be turned on even by an ankle but the point is to cover the most parts that woman wants to keep "private"/not seen by men.

I think that when guys see covered women in western countries they don't start thinking sexually of them as if it was woman with tight clothing or something like that.

In places like afganistan or pakistan or some african countries yes i think that the men be like trying to look for anything to see, even that ankle.

Edited by JNMRR
need to

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  187

When Jesus said don't cause anyone to stumble by anything you eat or drink,

who was He talking to ?

When God told His people how to dress,  who was He talking to ?

When Jesus said you must be perfect... ... ....   ... ... ... (here on earth) ... ... ...  who was He talking to ?

Who was 1st John written to ? (I think about those who truthfully live in the LIGHT, and those who say they do but don't )

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/08/1974

I honestly would be ok with wearing something like this.