• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

On 4/11/2016 at 11:15 PM, spiderman1917 said:

What's the armor of God made of?...it must be thick whatever it is :P

His strength, His righteousness (for we have none of our own), His mercy, His grace, His love and His unchanging nature.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

8 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

We are supposed to use the name and blood of Jesus often.  Why can't we consciously  and/or verbally use the armor as well?

What is your understanding of using the name of Jesus?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, gdemoss said:

What is your understanding of using the name of Jesus?

I bind you in Jesus name...ask in Jesus name....bless in Jesus name

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

17 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

I bind you in Jesus name...ask in Jesus name....bless in Jesus name

Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  All power has been given unto him in both heaven and earth.  To command in his name is to come as one sent by him to deliver his decrees unto those who are in error.

Putting on the armor of God is not the same.  Merely saying I place upon my head the helmet of salvation does not give me any protection.  Nor saying I girt myself with truth but rather actually binding my self to that which is truth by living according to that which I understand to be true by my conscience is the doing of it.  I can 'claim' the belt of truth and live according to lies therefore Jesus will say to some depart from me you worker of iniquity I never knew you.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On 11/04/2016 at 10:15 PM, spiderman1917 said:

What's the armor of God made of?...it must be thick whatever it is :P

The armour of God is a metaphor for Christian spiritual realities in order to deal with spirit enemies (hierarchies of evil spirits) using deceit ("the wiles of the devil") to cause Christians spiritual harm.

1. Loins -- Truth -- God's truth, not the doctrines of men.

2. Chest -- Righteousness -- (a) Christ's imputed righteousness and (b) practical righteousness (thinking right and doing right).

3. Feet -- the Gospel -- knowing and sharing the true and full Gospel.

4. Arm (Shield) -- Faith -- absolute and implicit trust and confidence in God and Christ, in the Word of God, and in the indwelling Holy Spirit.

5. Head (Helmet) -- Salvation -- Christ Himself is our salvation.  Every thought to be subject to Christ.

6. Hand (Sword) -- Scripture (the Word of God) -- your first offensive weapon.  [The best defence is a good offence, and you will defeat Satan with Scripture every time.]

7. Knees (Protectors) -- Prayer -- your second offensive weapon. Christ said that demons can be cast out through prayer and fasting. [This is not about tongues but about supplications and intercessions].

The command is to STAND, not run at the first sign of trouble.  Christians are being brainwashed into thinking that psychology, counselling, and medications will give them spiritual relief and strength.  Those are lies from the enemy.  Spiritual enemies must be fought with spiritual weapons.  Hence "the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty THROUGH GOD to the pulling down of strongholds".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

From a purely static place one can form this understanding with God's Word.... we have given control of this place
to Lucifer so the simplicity is all that is from here in the created sense is viable for his use and reliance on it is
to subjugate ourselves to the things of his control... that is why the spiritual battle is so engaged with spiritual
things to separate us from reliance on physical temporal means...  Love, Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings gdemoss...............

I don't beleive I understand the concept behind "claiming" the armor of God.

Either I am walking in truth or I am not, the action is the belt of truth and the scripture says we are to walk in truth. 

Excellent,Amen!

The command is to STAND, not run at the first sign of trouble.  Christians are being brainwashed into thinking that psychology, counselling, and medications will give them spiritual relief and strength.  Those are lies from the enemy.  Spiritual enemies must be fought with spiritual weapons.  Hence "the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty THROUGH GOD to the pulling down of strongholds".

Ezra,Amen!

Christians crawl before they can walk,walk before they can run & run before they can SOAR like an eagle!!!! Spiritual warfare is not something you recite like a memorized poem,,,,,the very best thing for a young christian is to strive for a closer & nearer relationship with Christ,understand the Position of Victory affforded us through Christ's Authority,Victory by Jesus over 2000 years ago on Calvary,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this Understanding comes only from the Holy Spirit that indwells us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,these are the "first steps",the Full Armor of God is not something you wake up in the morning & "claim",,,,,,,,,we are COVERED in the Blood of Christ,bought,paid for in full & it is impenetrable ,,,,,,,if you are not walking in Spirit & in Truth you can clai whatever you like & the demons will say,,,,,"Who are you?"

King James Bible
And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
                                                                                                                 Acts 19:15

I always tell young Christians who have been ill advised by someone to "put on the Armor of God & pick up the Sword" before they can receive Wisdom & Understanding & say,,,,,,,,,,,",the battle is won,Jesus is the Victor,the Lord rebukes the demons,stand behind Jesus as you would have the boldness & confidence to stand behind your big brother against a bully"     Sending a "babe" not fully committed to Christ(unkowingly?)is like sending a child out into a war zone armed with a cap gun or a plastic water pistol

Plead the Blood of Jesus " I AM COVERED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS,THE LORD REBUKES YOU!!!!"

This is also meaningless prior to relinquishing "self" & submitting to strongholds,,,,,,,,strongholds are only effective because of the "faith" the one who is bound,has in their power,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Is anything more powerful than our StrongTower? eg" sickness,disease,addictions,mental or emotional disabilities,weaknesses etc,,,,,,? Power is second to AUTHORITY!!!!!      Praise Jesus!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/06/1955

The greatest thing we need is the Armour of God. But we must know who we are in Christ, and know our indenity in Him.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 4/14/2016 at 0:42 AM, gdemoss said:

Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  All power has been given unto him in both heaven and earth.  To command in his name is to come as one sent by him to deliver his decrees unto those who are in error.

Putting on the armor of God is not the same.  Merely saying I place upon my head the helmet of salvation does not give me any protection.  Nor saying I girt myself with truth but rather actually binding my self to that which is truth by living according to that which I understand to be true by my conscience is the doing of it.  I can 'claim' the belt of truth and live according to lies therefore Jesus will say to some depart from me you worker of iniquity I never knew you.

How do you know it doesn't? Speaking about arming yourself with the armor of God.

Don't you say "In the name of Jesus, or say Jesus do this or that.? " 

If you are using the armor of God, which is of God and from God, then it is no different as saying, Jesus protect me.

The Armor of God is one of the many Gifts of the Holy Spirit. Think on that!

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 4/11/2016 at 4:33 AM, spiderman1917 said:

So I have all the pieces of the armor of God memorized so I can claim it daily.  Do you claim it often?  Is claiming it each morning good or not necessary?

I dont claim it often because it not something to be claimed it is something to be practised.