IGNORED

Bucket Lists - Do you have one? Plans and fantasies.

Omegaman 3.0

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

15 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Oh DUH!

I forgot that I still have one thing on my bucket list to share, a hiking trip to Havasu Falls, I might still pull this on off yet, I am in training for it a bit, then would also, seek recommendations from my doctor, I doubt I would get her approval though.

havasuhike.jpg

If I ever plan this, I'll try to let you know when, and I'll meet you  there!

it's only a bit less than two miles from Supai....   You have to take a mule or helicopter to get to Supai.   i could do the two miles, but the mule ride I'm not sure i would want to deal with.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

41 minutes ago, other one said:

You have to take a mule or helicopter to get to Supai

or horseback or hike

1 hour ago, Bluebird said:

Another, more Earthbound one I wish I could do is travel to the places in the New Testament

Yes one I scratched off my bucket list, Israel, Jordan (for Petra mostly) and Egypt. Did that in the early part of our marriage, figuring that once we had kids, we might not get to do. We also did Hawaii. Things like that are posible with prioritizing, planning, instead of procrastination. One of the things we thought of, was we could do like people we know, who bought cars on payments for years at a time, only to see them become junk, or we could buy older cars for 10 to 20% of newer prices, and have some nice memories for a lifetime.

petrapainting.jpg

Guest shiloh357

1. Hike the Appalachian Trail

2. Hike the Pacific Crest Trail

3. Live one year in Israel

4. Build a cabin in the woods

5. Deep sea fishing in the Gulf

20 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

or horseback or hike

i decided a long time ago that i wanted to do my bucket list with my wife and when she developed MS I had to cut it down a bit.   With all the traveling we have done since we retired in 2010, most of them have been accomplished.

the trip down the Colorado river sounds so great to me even at my age of 69.     the only big thing i had in the bucket that i will most likely never do is sky diving.  i have ear problems that would make it kind of hard to do.

We have seen a lot of the colorado river from the rims in all our driving vacations, but much of it you can't get to in vehicles.  We have rented jeeps in some places and just took of seeing and that's a lot of fun..

i think my two biggies was taking pilot training and riding a rodeo bull....   both sent me flying.   Everyone should ride a bull one time when they are young to experience true terror....   but only when you are young where you can heal faster.  it's just my personal view but anyone who would ride a bull more than once is certifiably nuts. :)

11 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Yes one I scratched off my bucket list, Israel, Jordan (for Petra mostly) and Egypt. Did that in the early part of our marriage, figuring that once we had kids, we might not get to do. We also did Hawaii. Things like that are posible with prioritizing, planning, instead of procrastination. One of the things we thought of, was we could do like people we know, who bought cars on payments for years at a time, only to see them become junk, or we could buy older cars for 10 to 20% of newer prices, and have some nice memories for a lifetime.

we have only bought two new cars and the first was a Chrysler Lebanon GTS...    We put 280,000 miles on it until the odometer broke, and my daughter drove it 4 years with a broken O-D.   i don't know how many miles it had on it.    We now have a really cheap 2006 Chevy Aveo that we paid cash for.  it has about 150,000 on it and I'm starting to save up for something similar.   it was a cheap thing, but it is one of the most comfortable cars I've ever ridden in.  Good mileage but a little noisy.

When i was working, Xerox let us use our company cars as personal vehicles.  All we had to do was track the mileage and pay taxes on it....   worked out to be less than a penny a mile so most of our traveling before 2010 was not in our car, but a Grand Caravan or full sized chevy van...     I drove an average of 3,500 miles a month for 38 years at work....  loved every minute of it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Maybe you are already living the dream missmuffet!

Renting? I don't think so. But it would sure be nice to own a home :noidea:

8 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Renting? I don't think so. But it would sure be nice to own a home :noidea:

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Renting? I don't think so. But it would sure be nice to own a home

Well, who knows. I enjoy home ownership, but there are times when I wish that I only had to pay rent, instead of annual property taxes and upkeep etc. Be careful, things are not always what we think they would be like.

35 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

1. Hike the Appalachian Trail

2. Hike the Pacific Crest Trail

3. Live one year in Israel

4. Build a cabin in the woods

5. Deep sea fishing in the Gulf

Think any of those will happen Shiloh?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Well, who knows. I enjoy home ownership, but there are times when I wish that I only had to pay rent, instead of annual property taxes and upkeep etc. Be careful, things are not always what we think they would be like.

I have heard that Omega. Their is a lot of responsibility and maintenance in owning a home. But I think it is a good investment to buy. The owner of the home is getting all the financial benefits. If we owned a home I would not want a mortgage. I would want to just buy it. We have asked God's Will to be done on this.