• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Speaking of which, can you please tell us....

How is "The Bride/The Wife/The Church/Born Again Christians" @ The Marriage Supper in Heaven then accompanying HIM on HIS Return (Second Coming) while still being on the Earth during the Great Tribulation??

and.....

Any other position than the Pre-Trib position has "The Church"/Born Again Christians going through the Great Tribulation....

Well 98% of "The Church"/Born Again Christians are DEAD (From Pentecost until now or when it's time).  So for "The Church" to go through the "Great Tribulation" on the Earth, They would have to be RESURRECTED and Walking around on the Earth so as to go through The Great Tribulation.

For your position to have even a sniff of legitimacy, these simply must be Reconciled.  Please....?

To answer your question, on the day of the Lord we are first raptured and avoid the wrath on that day, as per 1 Thessalonians 5 description of the destruction on the day of the Lord:

9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ

Rev 16:9 shows that the destruction of the prostitute city of "Babylon" only occurs at the 7th bowl of wrath, ie Babylon is destroyed at the end of the tribulation. Then the order of events in Rev 19 is as follows:

v2 destruction of the prostitute

v7 wedding feast

v14 armies of heaven

v15-21 destruction of the armies on earth

So I suggest that the order of events at the end of the tribulation are the way the bible describes it,  there are the 7 bowls of wrath , then there is the first resurrection at the end of the tribulation (ref Rev 20). Babylon is also destroyed at this time, THEN there is the wedding feast, then the armies of heaven, then the destruction of the armies of earth.

Post tribbers believe the dead will arise first at the resurrection at the end of the tribulation, not before. You have got an incorrect view of the post -trib position, we believe the dead in Christ and the living are resurrected at the end of the tribulation. Of course the dead in Christ do not go through the great tribulation, just the living. I'm surprised you argue so vehemently against the post-trib position when you know so little about it.

=============================================================================================================

So I suggest that the order of events at the end of the tribulation are the way the bible describes it,  there are the 7 bowls of wrath , then there is the first resurrection at the end of the tribulation (ref Rev 20). Babylon is also destroyed at this time, THEN there is the wedding feast, then the armies of heaven, then the destruction of the armies of earth.

Not even close (What Bible are you reading??)....

It goes......7 Vials of Wrath--------> Destruction of Babylon (Rev Chapter 18--- to Revelation 19:2-3---- "For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.  {3} And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.") --------> The Marriage Supper (Rev 19:7)------------> The Second Coming of Christ...with "The Church"/Bride.

And it's not "tribulation" (little "t") its the "Great Tribulation".  Please don't Equivocate (Fallacy).

The "First Resurrection" is not Spoken of until.....(Revelation 20:5) "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection."

Rev 20 comes After Rev 19---The Second Coming of Christ which denotes the "Great Tribulation" closure.

Post tribbers believe the dead will arise first at the resurrection at the end of the tribulation, not before.

Please show a "Resurrection" in Rev Chapter 20.....?  And List who Specifically ....?

Of course the dead in Christ do not go through the great tribulation, just the living.

That's my point.  Can you show in Scripture where "The Church" is Intra-Segregated.....in any context, let alone the Great Tribulation, whatsoever?

And what is the rationale, Pray Tell, for "The Church" going through the Meat-Grinder of the "Great Tribulation"?  We already know Jesus is the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.   So we go through this to...... know it more?

What is the Purpose of the "Great Tribulation"?

I'm surprised you argue so vehemently against the post-trib position when you know so little about it. 

Because it doesn't make any sense and takes @ least 3 Biblical Doctrines to the Woodshed and beats them Senseless.

Yes, it's a big mystery.  It's like trying to discover the Mystery of events "Post": Shopping, Lunch, Retirement, Haircut, Marriage  ;) , Flat Tire, Super Bowl, ad nauseam....

Maybe I should stick to Scuttling Einsteins TOR, big bang----CMB Fiasco, summarily deconstructing Materialism via Quantum Mechanics, and trying to convince evolutionists that "nature" can't wicker together algorithmic cybernetic coding/decoding machinery and the "Functional Specific Complexity" of DNA from stupid atoms /molecules?? 

Job 8:8  For enquire, I pray thee, of the former age, and prepare thyself to the search of their fathers:  9  (For we [are but of] yesterday, and know nothing, because our days upon earth [are] a shadow:)

I recommend supporters familiarize themselves with the history of this doctrine in the church. The following is authored by Dave MacPherson who devoted 20 years of his life to full-time study of the subject of the pre-trib rapture. You can read the long list of chronological dating of this doctrine by copy and pasting a chunk of the following text into a search engine.

"Since the 1970's stunning new data has been surfacing about the pretribulation rapture's long-covered-up beginnings in the 1800's. In recent years several persons associated with Dallas Theological Seminary (which had long been pretribized) have reportedly gone to Britain to check on my research sources and then write books opposing my claims. In 1990 an Ohio pastor told me that Dr. _____ _____, the most qualified DTS prof, traveled there and came back and wrote nothing! The pastor added that he and some others had a good laugh. But change was coming. In 1993 Chuck Swindoll, who became DTS president after John Walvoord, stated: "I'm not sure we're going to make dispensationalism [the chief attraction of which is a pretrib rapture] a part of our marquee as we talk about our school." When asked if the word "dispensationalism" would disappear, he answered: "It may and perhaps it should" ("Christianity Today," Oct. 25, 1993)! But a few diehards (with the stubbornness of Iraqi insurgents and New Orleans looters) keep on milking their cash cow while continuing to cover up and twist the following historical facts about their latter-day, cult-like belief:

1825: British preacher Edward Irving revealed that he had been teaching some of dispensationalism's key aspects as early as late 1825. (John Darby-exalter R. A. Huebner has never even claimed to find any original prophetic idea in Darby before late 1826!)

1827-1830: Darby was still posttrib during these years. His 1827 paper had him waiting for only the posttrib "restitution of all things." After discussing in 1828 the "unity" of the church, he looked for only the Rev. 19 coming in 1829 and 1830.

1830: During the spring a young woman in Scotland, Margaret Macdonald, declared that she had discovered in the Bible what had never been seen by others: a rapture of "church" members described as a "pre-Antichrist" (or pretrib) event. Her words: "one taken and the other left" before "THE WICKED [Antichrist] be revealed." She was a partial rapturist seeing only part of the "church" raptured and the rest of the "church" left on earth. When she wrote that the "trial of the Church is from Antichrist," she meant the part of the church not included in her pretrib rapture. Leading partial rapturists including Pember and Govett have always applied the word "church" to the ones "left behind." Robert Norton, Irvingite historian and on-scene witness of Margaret's utterances, wrote that Margaret was the "first" to privately teach pretrib."

Etc. etc. through 26 more dates until 2005 as the last item noted.

Another excellent read on the entire "7-year" tribulation "pre-trib" "rapture" with a millennial reign, eschatological scheme's history, is "An End Time Myth" by Ellis Skolfield

============================================================================

And.....?  Do you have a point with this? 

I find it Tantamount to being overly concerned with where the Grizzly Bear came from while your on the business end of the Jaws, Teeth, and Claws.  Painfully Irrelevant

It's also a Genetic (Fallacy)--- is a line of "reasoning" in which a perceived defect in the origin of a claim or thing is taken to be evidence that discredits the claim or thing itself. http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/genetic-fallacy.html

TIP: Fallacies are Fallacious.

Another excellent read on the entire "7-year" tribulation "pre-trib" "rapture"

I've also spoke of this to you @ least twice, that....There is no "7 Year Tribulation".

1.  There is no "tribulation" (little "t") other than what we all go through to some degree or another.  It's the "Great Tribulation"....conflating the two is an Equivocation (Fallacy).  SEE: "TIP" above

2. The "Great Tribulation" is spoken to directly in Scripture as: "Time and Times, and a Dividing of Time": Dan 7:25, Dan 12:7, Rev 12:14; "1260 Days": Rev 11:3, Rev 12:6 ; "42 Months": Rev 11:2, Rev 13:5.

Please show in Scripture....anywhere, that says or even implies: The first half of Daniel's 70th Week (3.5 Years ) is "tribulation".....?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/28/1950

I've also spoke of this to you @ least twice, that....There is no "7 Year Tribulation".

1.  There is no "tribulation" (little "t") other than what we all go through to some degree or another.  It's the "Great Tribulation"....conflating the two is an Equivocation (Fallacy).  SEE: "TIP" above

Your issue isn't with me but with the tens of millions (in the U.S. alone) of John Darby styled futurists that refer to it as the "7-year tribulation" before which they believe that Margaret MacDonald/John Darby were right about being removed, from our "great commission". Perhaps the prophets, apostles and other Christians of the 1st century just weren't as pious as 21st century Christian are, to be "rewarded" with an escape from tribulation. But then that goes for the millions throughout the Christian era and particularly in the Middle East and northern Africa today.

Why don't you try some Bible searches like for "great tribulation" before you suggest something like you did?

http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/search.cfm?Criteria=great+tribulation&t=KJV#s=s_primary_0_1

Additionally you seem to be unaware that there were no lower case letters in the Koine Greek. And exactly opposite to your claim, "tribulation" is not only not capitalized, but neither is "great tribulation". The reason is because it was simply referring to a period of greater tribulation than there was throughout the last nearly 2,000 years of tribulation, that has been going on ever since John indicated that we join him in it.

If you are using a doctrine driven heretical pop-bible that does capitalize Great Tribulation, I recommend you set it aside in favor of the KJV.

I set my NKJV aside when I noticed that the term "Antichrist" was selectively capitalized.

Rev 1:9 I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Edited by PeteWaldo

2. The "Great Tribulation" is spoken to directly in Scripture as: "Time and Times, and a Dividing of Time": Dan 7:25, Dan 12:7, Rev 12:14; "1260 Days": Rev 11:3, Rev 12:6 ; "42 Months": Rev 11:2, Rev 13:5.

Please show in Scripture....anywhere, that says or even implies: The first half of Daniel's 70th Week (3.5 Years ) is "tribulation".....?

Well first, since I don't believe in a specific 3-1/2 or 7-year period of anything in the future, I'm the wrong guy to ask for scriptures to support it. But I'd be happy to show you how futurism is contrary to the Gospel. Start here:

Hebrews 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

So any future temple would obviously be desolate before the first cornerstone was laid.

And rather than turning to John Darby, and engaging in raw speculation about unfulfilled prophecy regarding some future "someday", what if we go back a little further and ponder how some of the problems you cite were approached by some of those great men of God of the Reformation?

Quoting from "The False Prophet": "In 1569, the great Anabaptist theologian, Thieleman van Braght, wrote the following in Martyrs Mirror, pages 21-24: 'a thousand two hundred and threescore days, which reckoned according to prophetic language means as many years… let it be reckoned as it may, say we, as a very long period of time.'  

Two hundred years later, Matthew Henry, in his 'Commentary of the Whole Bible', came to the same conclusion (Vol VI, page 1157 column 1, para. 2):  "….if the beginning of that interval could be ascertained, this number of prophetic days, taking a day for a year, would give us a prospect of when the end might be."

Isaac Newton - "She is nourished by the merchants of the earth, three times or years and an half, or 42 months, or 1260 days: and in these Prophecies days are put for years." - Observations Upon the Prophecies of Daniel, and the Apocalypse of St.a John - Chapter 3

Even 19th century Jamison, Faucett & Brown commentary - "..... in the wilderness 'a thousand two hundred and threescore days.' In the wider sense, we may either adopt the year-day theory of 1260 years..."

What might we get if we applied that language to those problems? What might we see that they couldn't see, now that we are in what may be Daniel's "time of the end"?

Revelation 12:6 (KJV):   And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred [and] threescore days.  

There is no shortage of agreement that Israel, is the "woman" in the context of this verse.  If we then consider that the end of the 1260 "days" was when Israel came out of "the wilderness" (of the people Ezekiel 20:35), or out from being scattered among the nations, returning home and declaring her independence in 1948, and subtract 1260 years ("each day for a year"), we arrive at 688 AD.  

242585f0.jpg

A quick Yahoo search reveals that this is supportable dating for the founding year of the construction of the Islamic shrine, the Dome of the Rock. Could this be the prophetic symbol for the desolation of Jerusalem and exile of God's people?

16ca4190.jpg

The founding verses of the Dome of the Rock "O you People of the Book, overstep not bounds in your religion, and of God speak only the truth.  The Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, is only an apostle of God, and his Word which he conveyed unto Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from him.  Believe therefore in God and his apostles, and say not Three.  It will be better for you.  God is only one God. Far be it from His transcendent majesty that he should have a son."
Edited by PeteWaldo

How can someone write with such accusatory confidence yet come up with something like that? Your issue isn't with me but with the tens of millions (in the U.S. alone) of John Darby styled futurists that refer to it as the "7-year tribulation" before which they believe that John Darby was right about their departure from our "great commission". Perhaps the prophets, apostles and other Christians of the 1st century just weren't as pious as 21st century Christian are, to be :rewarded: with an escape from tribulation. But then that goes for the millions throughout the Christian era and particularly in the Middle East and northern Africa today.

For pity's sake, why don't you try some Bible searches like for "great tribulation" before you suggest something as preposterous as you did?

http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/search.cfm?Criteria=great+tribulation&t=KJV#s=s_primary_0_1

Additionally you seem to be unaware that there was no lower case in the Koine Greek. And exactly opposite to your claim, "tribulation" is not only not capitalized, but neither is "great tribulation". The reason is because it was simply a period of greater tribulation than there was throughout the last nearly 2,000 years of tribulation that has been going on ever since John indicated that we join him in it.

Rev 1:9 I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

===================================================================================================

How can someone write with such accusatory confidence

I have to admit, that's the first time I've been accused of that.  Most of which, can't be repeated  ;)

Your issue isn't with me but with the tens of millions (in the U.S. alone) of John Darby styled futurists that refer to it as the "7-year tribulation" before which they believe that John Darby was right about their departure from our "great commission".

Argument to Popularity (Fallacy)-----Consensus doesn't equal TRUTH.  John Darby is just a man.

For pity's sake, why don't you try some Bible searches like for "great tribulation" before you suggest something as preposterous as you did?

Unsupported Assertion (Fallacy)----What was Preposterous?

Here's the result...

(Matthew 24:21) " For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."

(Revelation 2:22) " Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds."

(Revelation 7:14) "And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

And....?

Additionally you seem to be unaware that there was no lower case in the Koine Greek. And exactly opposite to your claim, "tribulation" is not only not capitalized, but neither is "great tribulation".

Relevance?  I only capitalized "Great Tribulation" to make it stand out a bit.

The reason is because it was simply a period of greater tribulation than there was throughout the last nearly 2,000 years of tribulation

Scripture Support....?

Has the "great tribulation"  ;) started here in Revelation 1:9 ??

I rest my case.

=============================================================================================================

Well first, since I don't believe in a specific 3-1/2 or 7-year period of anything in the future, I'm the wrong guy to ask for scriptures to support it.  But I'd be happy to show you how futurism is contrary to the Gospel.

Well there you have it.

I rest my case.... again.

When you can support "what you believe" with Scripture then we can talk.  Until then, we can talk about the weather, favorite sports teams/ice cream et al if you like but talking Prophecy without Scripture Support is like discussing 2,3-bisphosphoglycerate and it's interaction with hemoglobin without any background in Biochemistry.

I didn't know you were still around or had posted. I did lighten my posts up a bit from what you quoted.

Well first, since I don't believe in a specific 3-1/2 or 7-year period of anything in the future, I'm the wrong guy to ask for scriptures to support it.  But I'd be happy to show you how futurism is contrary to the Gospel.

Well there you have it.

When you can support "what you believe" with Scripture then we can talk.

What I am saying is that I don't ascribe to any future 3-1/2 year or 7-year future period as being something that can be supported by scripture, any more than the Reformers did. I showed you how they would have approached the same problems. So why would you expect me to support Darby's pop-eschatological scheme, with scripture, when I don't hold it, and don't believe scripture supports it?

I did support "what I believe" through scripture, and did it as the Reformers may have were they here today, with a pretty stunning mathematical result in the 1260 "days". As opposed to some empty speculation about unfulfilled prophecy and some future someday. If you want some confirmation look at the 42 "months":

Revelation 11:2: But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty [and] two months.

The city of Jerusalem was under the foot of, or controlled by, Gentiles until the Israelis took back the holy city in 1967.  42 months x 30.44 days = 1278.5 days (as years). Subtracting this from 1967 we arrive at 688.5.  Once again, the founding year of the Dome of the Rock.

The Dome of the Rock was built outside of where the temple was, in the "court of the Gentiles" where even unwashed slaves were allowed. So those two problems pegged 1948 and 1967.

Of the false prophet Muhammad's Islamic kingdom "beast" of Revelation 13:

Revelation 13:5:  And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty [and] two months.

Again using the average of 30.44 days in a month, multiplied by 42 months = 1278.5 days (as years).  Subtracting this from 1967 we arrive again at 688.5. The founding year of the Dome of the Rock.

Muhammad's followers "continued" from the year of the symbolic mark of their conquest, but lost their power over Jerusalem in 1967, forty two prophetic "months" later.

243585f0.jpg

John Darby is just a man.

Which of course is the whole point. He is just a man that you follow. That's why you had to wave off the history of the doctrine, and church tradition, as if they didn't matter.

Yet it is the same reason that you are necessarily precluded from even considering, that Muhammad could be THE false prophet of the book of Revelation, even as 1.5 billion people - 1/4 of mankind in the world today - are required to DISbelieve the crucifixion of Christ and thus REJECT His shed blood, and DENY and blaspheme the Son of God, as articles of their faith in the false prophet Muhammad alone. The stark raving blindness is simply amazing. Even as they are commanded by Muhammad to conquer and subjugate you and your heirs to denying the Son of God and rejecting His shed blood. Just as they did in John's "world":

0ec90050.png

150 years later

0ed90ca0.png

Today

0f690a10.png

So do you ascribe to the whole rebuilt temple and resumption of sacrifices by the Jews thing too? If so, of what value would they be?

Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Let alone that Jesus already rebuilt the temple in 3 days, nearly 2,000 years ago:

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.  20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

I believe the scripture and the word which Jesus had said.

Edited by PeteWaldo

Well there you have it.

When you can support "what you believe" with Scripture then we can talk.

What I am saying is that I don't ascribe to any future 3-1/2 year or 7-year future period as being something that can be supported by scripture, any more than the Reformers did. I showed you how they would have approached the same problems. So why would you ask me to support Darby's pop-doctrine with scripture when I don't hold it?

John Darby is just a man.

Which of course is the whole point. He is just a man that you follow. That's why you wish the history of the doctrine and church tradition didn't matter. Yet it is the same reason that you are necessarily precluded from even considering, that Muhammad could be THE false prophet of the book of Revelation, even as 1.5 billion people - 1/4 of mankind in the world today - are required to DISbelieve the crucifixion of Christ and thus REJECT His shed blood, and deny and blaspheme the Son of God, as articles of their faith in the false prophet Muhammad alone. The stark raving blindness is simply amazing. Even as they are commanded by Muhammad to conquer and subjugate you and your heirs to denying the Son of God and rejecting His shed blood.

So do you ascribe to the whole rebuilt temple scheme and resumption of sacrifices by the Jews too?

=================================================================================================

What I am saying is that I don't ascribe to any future 3-1/2 year or 7-year future period as being something that can be supported by scripture.

Well Scripture does Support it....

(Matthew 24:15-21) " When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)  {16}  Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:  {17}  Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:  {18}  Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.  {19}  And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!  {20}  But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:  {21}  For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."

Which then leads you here...

(Daniel 9:27) "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

With the Time frame here...

"Time and Times, and a Dividing of Time": Dan 7:25, Dan 12:7, Rev 12:14; "1260 Days": Rev 11:3, Rev 12:6 ; "42 Months": Rev 11:2, Rev 13:5.

This is what we call in the Industry as a: Slam Dunk

Which of course is the whole point. He is just a man that you follow.

What?   :huh:   I never heard of the man lol.  Do you know me?  Please stop blindly speculating.  Then you Extrapolate from the Blind Speculation with this....

"Yet it is the same reason that you are necessarily precluded from even considering, that Muhammad could be THE false prophet of the book of Revelation, even as 1.5 billion people - 1/4 of mankind in the world today - are required to DISbelieve the crucifixion of Christ and thus REJECT His shed blood, and deny and blaspheme the Son of God, as articles of their faith in the false prophet Muhammad alone. The stark raving blindness is simply amazing. Even as they are commanded by Muhammad to conquer and subjugate you and your heirs to denying the Son of God and rejecting His shed blood.

So do you ascribe to the whole rebuilt temple scheme and resumption of sacrifices by the Jews too?"

If the premise that you conjure is fallacious....what happens to everything downstream from that error?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Enoch2021,

You do give me a good laugh at some of your comments. I would hate to see you at full throttle!

Pete,

Now you said on post #178 concerning my comments from God`s word about `gathering together all the more as we see the day approaching.

`Christians are supposed to continue keeping on doing what we do. Not quit work, and/or end our great commission (by "gathering together" rather than doing what we can to go out and reach the lost), and instead sit around the house waiting to get disappeared.`

I didn`t say we were to stop living our lives relating to others. Sorry you got that impression. I actually have spoken on that topic in another area of Worthy, recently. I personally believe that wars, crime, & natural disasters are going to escalate so much that those that are caught away with the Lord will only be regarded as more `missing persons.`

Marilyn.