• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

13 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

You do know Zion is only the Mount on which the Temple was built right ? I have never head Zion called a woman. It Maybe metaphorically called a woman in the bible, but it is the Holy Mount.

Revelation Man

Yes there is the physical Zion, but it's named after the heavenly City, which is the true Zion, the Kingdom of God.  To dwell in Zion spiritually is to dwell in God's kingdom, to live by the laws of his kingdom which come down straight from heaven. 

I know you all think I'm mad, but you havn't put it together yet.  All of us who believe do not dwell in Israel, but in Zion.  God is calling all his people, not only Jews, but believers in Christ to come out of Babylon (spiritually), and to dwell in Zion where there is truth.  The woman in Rev 12 is heavenly, ....she's above.  She's clothed with the sun (clothed with truth).  The moon is under her feet (she is high above the earth) because she's a heavenly kingdom.  If we dwell spiritually in Zion, we are wearing this woman's righteousness.  The whole description of her is symbolic, not of Israel, but of God's kingdom

We believers all live everywhere throughout the earth, but we are all spiritually dwelling in the same city - Zion.  That city is invisible to our eyes, but we see it with our understanding because we hear God.  The physical Zion is where the Lord Jesus Christ will set his throne on this earth, it is coming, future, and what is so special about this place, is the laws that will come out of it,...that's the highlight, ..a fair righteous kingdom will take over and rule over all of man's kingdoms with a righteous King. 

Psalms 149:2   Let Israel rejoice in him that made him: let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.

All of us who are found spiritually dwelling in Zion when Christ returns,...will reign over physical Zion with Christ when he establishes his kingdom on this earth for all to hear about now.  This city will no more be hidden, but manifested because everyone will hear the laws that come out of it and be governed by it, and nations will enter in yearly to celebrate the feast of tabernacles.  I hope you can understand a little better.

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

That is because Sister gives the words of the Bible her own interpretation and that is very dangerous.

By me trusting in Christ to feed me, you make it sound so ugly.  Christ said he is the true shepherd, and to follow him. 

John 10:4   And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

John 10:5   And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

John 10:27   My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

John 10:11   I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

19 hours ago, missmuffet said:

We are getting this stuff on Worthy that is totally dangerous stuff for the Christian who is not grounded in the true word of God. It allows the Christian to stubble and fall. We need to get everyone away from this false doctrine that makes no sense at all and spiritualizes the word of God instead it taking it literally. I am sure that God wants the Christian to digest their minds and eyes on the TRUTH.

How can someone possibly fall if they seek Zion with all their heart, and trust in Zion to teach them the ways of the Lord?  The point I am making is that this place Zion is the place where there is truth, and we can learn about her from God's Word.  We don't go outside the scriptures, but stay inside them, and his Word will guide us and show us the path.  He will feed our spirit, and will give us true doctrine.  This should not make anyone fall.  We were instructed to discern the scriptures by dividing the Word of truth.

It's ok to disagree with me on my interpretation.  Everybody gives their interpretation on here on what they think it means.  I have never been disrespectful to anyone that does not agree with me, nor try to slander them and form a posy against them.  I can stand on my own two feet. 

Before I was too scared to speak in case others mocked me, but I have been praying to be more bold in the Lord and take whatever comes my way, and so far it hasn't been pleasant.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

43 minutes ago, Sister said:

By me trusting in Christ to feed me, you make it sound so ugly.  Christ said he is the true shepherd, and to follow him. 

John 10:4   And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

John 10:5   And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

John 10:27   My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

John 10:11   I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Yes, so follow Him. Read the word of God as God intended. Literally instead of spiritualizing it or giving it your own meaning. Jesus read the Bible literally why shouldn't you?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, so follow Him. Read the word of God as God intended. Literally instead of spiritualizing it or giving it your own meaning. Jesus read the Bible literally why shouldn't you?

I may not be understanding everything, but according to Got Questions, Zion is a physical place, and scripture also uses Zion in a spiritual sense:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Zion.html

What is being said that you consider very dangerous, and why?

2 minutes ago, hmbld said:

I may not be understanding everything, but according to Got Questions, Zion is a physical place, and scripture also uses Zion in a spiritual sense:

What is being said that you consider very dangerous, and why?

Sister is saying that Zion is a woman.

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Sister is saying that Zion is a woman.

I am saying that Zion is "represented" as a woman.  She's not a real woman, but only depicted as one.  The "woman" is only a metaphor for God's holy city, which is his "kingdom" where there is truth. The woman provides "his teachings", "his ways", and "his laws".  Everything is holy in this city, and true and comes from God's woman.

The reason why God uses a "woman" to represent his teachings is because a woman multiplies and feeds her children.  Satan has a spiritual woman also.  She is the harlot in Rev.  She also produces children, and feeds them with all the wrong things.  Satan's City is called "Babylon".  God's City is called "Zion".  There are no real women, but both stand for something, because both have children and a way of doing things.  God speaks about both women through out all the scriptures here and there.

At the moment, we are still in Zion's womb.  When a woman is "carrying", she will make sure her baby is nourished well so it can be born healthy.  Zion will give birth to all her children in one day (at the resurrection). The next lot after the 1000 yrs.  Her children will be born healthy, lacking nothing.  But before Zion gives birth, she must go through labour pains (tribulation).  When the children are born, the pain is forgotten because the joy will be so great.

Babylon's children will be stillborn.

Isaiah 54:1   Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 66:8   Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Once we realise who Zion is, and what she stands for, should make us excited that God is showing us something deeper here.  To read the scriptures and soak in everything that comes out of the Word of God should will make us wise, this is the type of wisdom he wants us to have, to live by everything he has taught us, and to pick up many treasures here and there along the way, the type of thing Babylon's children cannot receive, because they refuse instruction.

Edited by Sister

MissMuffit

I just read "Got Questions", and yes, they are saying the same thing I am saying.  There is both a physical Zion, and a spiritual one.  So what's the problem?

The word Zion is also used in a theological or spiritual sense in Scripture. In the Old Testament Zion refers figuratively to Israel as the people of God (Isaiah 60:14). In the New Testament, Zion refers to God’s spiritual kingdom.

Got Quesitons.

The only thing I do not agree with is that many parts also in the OT also refer to the spiritual Zion also.

35 minutes ago, Sister said:

MissMuffit

I just read "Got Questions", and yes, they are saying the same thing I am saying.  There is both a physical Zion, and a spiritual one.  So what's the problem?

The only thing I do not agree with is that many parts also in the OT also refer to the spiritual Zion also.

I do not see Zion referenced as a woman at all here. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Question: "What is Zion? What is Mount Zion? What is the biblical meaning of Zion?"

Answer:
Psalm 87:2–3 says, “The Lord loves the gates of Zion / more than all the other dwellings of Jacob. / Glorious things are said of you, / city of God.” According to this verse, Zion is synonymous with city of God, and it is a place that God loves. Zion is Jerusalem. Mount Zion is the high hill on which David built a citadel. It is on the southeast side of the city.

The word Zion occurs over 150 times in the Bible. It essentially means “fortification” and has the idea of being “raised up” as a “monument.” Zion is described both as the city of David and the city of God. As the Bible progresses, the word Zion expands in scope and takes on an additional, spiritual meaning.

The first mention of Zion in the Bible is 2 Samuel 5:7: “David captured the fortress of Zion—which is the City of David.” Zion was originally an ancient Jebusite fortress in the city of Jerusalem. After David’s conquest of the fortress, Jerusalem became a possession of Israel. The royal palace was built there, and Zion/Jerusalem became the seat of power in Israel’s kingdom..

When Solomon built the temple in Jerusalem, the meaning of Zion expanded further to include the temple area (Psalm 2:6; 48:2, 11–12; 132:13). This is the meaning found in the prophecy of Jeremiah 31:6, “Come, let us go up to Zion, to the LORD our God.” In the Old Testament Zion is used as a name for the city of Jerusalem (Isaiah 40:9), the land of Judah (Jeremiah 31:12), and the nation of Israel as a whole (Zechariah 9:13).

The word Zion is also used in a theological or spiritual sense in Scripture. In the Old Testament Zion refers figuratively to Israel as the people of God (Isaiah 60:14). In the New Testament, Zion refers to God’s spiritual kingdom. We have not come to Mount Sinai, says the apostle, but “to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem” (Hebrews 12:22). Peter, quoting Isaiah 28:16, refers to Christ as the Cornerstone of Zion: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame” (1 Peter 2:6).

Mount Zion as a geographical area is currently the center of much dispute. The Bible is clear that, one day, Zion will be the sole possession of the Lord Jesus, and Zion—the nation and the city—will be restored. “Awake, awake, / Clothe yourself in your strength, O Zion; / Clothe yourself in your beautiful garments, / O Jerusalem, the holy city; / For the uncircumcised and the unclean / Will no longer come into you” (Isaiah 52:1). And “the children of your oppressors will come bowing before you; / all who despise you will bow down at your feet / and will call you the City of the LORD, / Zion of the Holy One of Israel” (Isaiah 60:14).

I do not see Zion referenced as a woman at all here. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Question: "What is Zion? What is Mount Zion? What is the biblical meaning of Zion?"

Answer:
Psalm 87:2–3 says, “The Lord loves the gates of Zion / more than all the other dwellings of Jacob. / Glorious things are said of you, / city of God.” According to this verse, Zion is synonymous with city of God, and it is a place that God loves. Zion is Jerusalem. Mount Zion is the high hill on which David built a citadel. It is on the southeast side of the city.

The gates of Zion is Christ.  He is the Keeper of the door.

John 10:9   I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Christ is the Word of God.  We cannot come through that door unless we come through God's Word.  There is no other way possible.

John 4:20   Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
John 4:21   Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

John 4:23   But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

John 4:24   God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Entering through the right way is what the Lord loves more than the "dwellings of Jacob" .  We enter the gates when we go through Christ, the Word of God.