• Days Won:  58

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

I would be ok for a family to have a tradition of carving a pumpkin together and putting on their porch. Not an evil face but a happy face. Sometimes people use those pumpkins to make pumpkin pie. I would be ok with a Church giving out pumpkins. I would also be ok with a Church having a Christian oriented activity for the kids on Halloween.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  20

49 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Their reasoning seems good, but its halloween oriented. 

Extremely bad idea.  In fact stupid.  As though the connection between Halloween and pumpkins will be ignored.

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  3

As far as eating,  I didnt think those particular carving pumpkins were edble. Im pretty sure I heard they were tasteless..?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

7 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Pumpkin carving parties, a simple activity to get together with neighbors and foster relationships.  Pumpkins are pumpkins.  I've grown them.  I've carved them.  I love pumpkin pie with ice cream!

Knives have been used to kill many people, I don't hide from knives when I want to cut my steak!  

Some people have worshipped the sun, but I don't hide from the sun like its something evil.  

People have a sin issue, christians can come meet them right where they are, and foster relationships, or we can condemn everything and maintain our good standing in our own eyes.  

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.63
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I think it is a fantastic idea, too many churches hide behind their wall condemning every little thing.  All that does is drive people away.  If Jesus can go to dinner with the worst of the sinners, we can give away free pumpkins.  When my kids were growing up the church we attended had a float in the annual Halloween parade every year that was manned by the kids of the church. Some years we gave away bottles of water with verses on them, just handing them out to anyone watching the parade that wanted them.   We gave away candy and such also.  More times than I can remember in the month or two after the parade was over when I told people where I went to church they would go "oh, you were the ones giving away the water (or what have you), that was such a thoughtful thing to do". 

You will never win anyone to Christ waiting for them to come through your doors as you are hiding from the world.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,152
  • Content Per Day:  4.58
  • Days Won:  327

I think it is a fantastic idea, too many churches hide behind their wall condemning every little thing.  All that does is drive people away.  If Jesus can go to dinner with the worst of the sinners, we can give away free pumpkins.  When my kids were growing up the church we attended had a float in the annual Halloween parade every year that was manned by the kids of the church. Some years we gave away bottles of water with verses on them, just handing them out to anyone watching the parade that wanted them.   We gave away candy and such also.  More times than I can remember in the month or two after the parade was over when I told people where I went to church they would go "oh, you were the ones giving away the water (or what have you), that was such a thoughtful thing to do". 

You will never win anyone to Christ waiting for them to come through your doors as you are hiding from the world.

Absolutely!!!! I volunteer at my church for Halloween & do face painting for all the kids in the community     It is so much fun,we have candy & games & they don;t have to miss out whjile the other kids in the neighborhood are going trick-or--treating       

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, eileenhat said:

It goes (this need to honor family traditions based on cultural standards) gradually as you mature in the Lord.

Once you truly mature in the Lord you will realize your true identity and things like family traditions and "ghosts" wont scare you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

23 minutes ago, Yowm said:

When Jesus or the Apostles went to the unbelievers they went with God's Word...not ? pumpkins. ? 

What about when Jesus went to the wedding party, wine was supplied.  I don't think the objects are important, its the relationships being built.  

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.63
  • Days Won:  25

31 minutes ago, Yowm said:

When Jesus or the Apostles went to the unbelievers they went with God's Word...not ? pumpkins. ? 

It seems often food was involved, from dinner with the sinners to feeding the masses.   If you cannot make a connection with people, they are much less likely to receive what you are saying.  Sitting in your church waiting for people to arrive is not a great way to reach the lost.