AndyMan

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Right,,,,   Love God with all you have, and love your neighbor.....  Confess with your mouth that Jesus is your Lord, get Baptized and deep his two commandments.....   and it's as simple as that.

Just remember that you can keep the ten commandments your entire life and still go to hell.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Sin is transgression of God's law 1st John 3.4

Those who say they know Him and keep NOT His commandments are liars and the truth is not in them...

There are ten commandments, which Jesus identified in Matthew 19.17 to enter into life keep the commandments...

Do you think someone who continues to violate the commandments, and Apostle John refers to as a "liar" is going to inherit the eternal Kingdom of God?  

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Well said Brakelite, but it seems that new Christianity can do things their own way, you don't have to follow in truth & spirit, just spirit, but who's spirit is the question.  There is no 10 commandments any more or if so you can change them to suit your self. 

I was under the impression that no one can change Gods laws, either the 10 commandments stand or they don't.  

There is a lack of understanding on what the so called old covenant was which leads to a lack of understanding on what the new is.

The Old the new was ratified with blood the new with Christ's blood, once it has been sealed by His blood & it has, nothing can be changed. Its very simplistic for the Sabbath to be changed it had to be introduced prior to his death,  such as baptism & communion. Which along with the 10 commandments are apart of the new covenant. 

As you I have followed this thread for a long time & have added to it on occasions, you patience is a lot better than mine. You have clearly explained the difference between what was shadows & what was not. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 10/12/2016 at 4:06 PM, AndyMan said:

Firstly I wanted to thank everyone who shared there thoughts on my question all of which very interesting. 

I have to say from whats been pointed out it looks as if from sundown friday until the same saturday is the sabbath day and God has asked us to rest on this day. I have to say I'm guilty of working on saturdays and since I've learnt about the sabbath ( couple of months now ) it does play on my mind and im slightly conflicted. I want to be a good christian and I will try to be but I still have to work over the sabbath on some weeks. In this day and age the working rota is a 24/7/365 situation for many. I think God does understand. As for bible teaching and thinking of our Lord well for me that is an everyday thing. I dont go to church as such (I've not found one suited to me)but I use the internet to learn about the bible (Amazing Facts).  This is where I learnt about the sabbath. 

Take care and god bless.

AndyMan

COOL!  Remember always we are the sheep, and Y'SHUA MESSIAH is the SHEPHERD.   Whenever sheep get entangled (which is often, if you know sheep (or people) ) it is the SHEPHERD'S good pleasure to unentangle them,  perfectly.  All the sheep have to do is follow the shepherd,  listen to HIS VOICE....  (sometimes it may take 30 years or more, not to hear HIS VOICE (that's immediate), but to be led out of such entanglements - HIS TIMING IS PERFECT, always)...

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:57 AM, shiloh357 said:

So what do think the consequences will be for Christians who do not keep the Sabbath day?

You should question what God you are following, if you cannot follow the God of the Bible, and His Holy day created for us at Creation Genesis 2.....(applies to all mankind, as there was no Jew, Gentile or whatever at that point in time)

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, heretoeternity said:

You should question what God you are following, if you cannot follow the God of the Bible, and His Holy day created for us at Creation Genesis 2

That really doesn't answer the question.   If A Christian doesn't keep the Sabbath day, what will happen?   Does that person lose salvation?

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That really doesn't answer the question.   If A Christian doesn't keep the Sabbath day, what will happen?   Does that person lose salvation?

You tell me...it was created as a gift to mankind Genesis 2, it was commanded in the Ten commandments Ex 20, Jesus kept it, the Apostles kept it throughout their lives and ministries...and Apostle John says "sin is transgression of God's law, the Ten commandments" and also in 1st John "this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments and they are not burdensome"...

So what do you think?  Do you think those who turn their back on God, by not keeping His holy day, and commandments, now, will have His salvation, and inherit His eternal kingdom?

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, heretoeternity said:

You tell me...it was created as a gift to mankind Genesis 2, it was commanded in the Ten commandments Ex 20, Jesus kept it, the Apostles kept it throughout their lives and ministries...and Apostle John says "sin is transgression of God's law, the Ten commandments" and also in 1st John "this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments and they are not burdensome"...

I understand all of that, but where is keeping the 10 commandments ever referenced in Scripture as a requirement to be saved?   Can you show in Scripture where anyone lost salvation for not keeping the Sabbath day?

So what do you think?  Do you think those who turn their back on God, by not keeping His holy day, and commandments, now, will have His salvation, and inherit His eternal kingdom?

How does a Christian not keeping the Sabbath day count as turning one's back on God?   And where was the Church ever given the Sabbath day as a requirement?

and also in 1st John "this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments and they are not burdensome"...

Why do you assume that he is referencing the 10 commandments?   There are something like 1500 commandments in the NT.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I also am an SDA & have never heard of a SDA church teaching anything else but saved by grace through faith, I'v lived is 3 different states in Australia & been to many different congregations & thats all thats ever taught. I now live in Indonesia & the only teaching here is saved by grace through faith, & there is no salvation through my own works, but my works do reflect my faith & love for my Lord.

That is the core teaching from the conference top. Now brother Shiloh357 you have no excuse to quote someones here say & one that lacked full knowledge of SDA teaching. 

SDA has only one leader that is God not E.G. White. But if her writing leads one to the bible & better understanding, is that not a good thing. WE are taught to check all against the word of God & truth will stand up under investigation.

Has your preacher or anyone  ever opened your eyes to a point & led you to the bible & better understanding? thats how most I know of approach E.G.White. She never said she was a prophet just a messenger. 

I laughed at the comment when you call SDA a cult, then you don't mean it as derogatory term like others do, Even though I find it offensive as will some others,  you lack judgement if you don't think it will offend some people. It would be like me say you are an imbecile but I don't mean that in an offensive way just your not bright, I'm sure you would be offended. I find if strange how the international church council doesn't see SDA a cult but you do. 

JW. Mormons,  have their own version of the bibles, 99% of adventists would be using a std bible the most common I have come across is the new king James. So its just interpretation thats the difference & I do believe we are not the only denomination to differ, thats why there's so many denominations & growing. Each denomination has its own teaching, so individuals go were they believe the truth is being taught. Thats how I ended up as a SDA.                      So, I think it best as a Christian or a average person not to attack  another denomination especially when you don't know the truth. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You failed to answer the question.  Does a person who does not observe the Sabbath lose their salvation?  That is a pretty simple yes or no question.

Keep in mind that keeping the Sabbath according to strictly biblical guidelines has been a physical impossibility since the Temple was destroyed in 70 AD.  No one has been able to keep the Sabbath since that event.

It is far from a simple yes and no question I think.   Even those who observed YHWH'S sabbath in SCRIPTURE were not all saved - some were those who activeliy sought to crucify MESSIAH Y'SHUA- YHWH'S SALVATION.

Those who observe YHWH'S sabbath do well if they are following Y'SHUA, same as in SCRIPTURE.