IGNORED

Do you believe in Dispensationalism, Covenant Theology, New Covenant Theology, or something else?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

7 dispensations, King James Only-, dont dance, dont drink, dont cuss, dont watch msnbc or cnn, full immersion baptism, only hymms written before 1956, my phone is attached to the wall by a wire. dont like emergent church or Rick Warren, toilet paper roll with the paper on the outside, legal concealed carry, real butter no margarine, thin crust pizza only, I know I should only drive Chevies- but I am an unrepentant sinner and drive a Jaguar.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Dispensationalism certainly is not heresy, but I don't find sufficent scriptural support for it in the sense that I think most evangelicals use the term. To me it just seems like one of those things, that Darby imagined, Scofield included in his reference Bible. From there into American seminaries, from seminaries into future pastors, and from that to the pulpits of Americal and spread out from there. Worth pondering, but not worth investing in as if it were a truly, scriptuarally established idea.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Dispensationalist

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:31 AM, shiloh357 said:

Dispensationalist

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 0:23 PM, missmuffet said:

Dispensationalist

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 6:27 PM, RobertS said:

Same.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 7:31 PM, Openly Curious said:

Dispensationalist

Joining these ranks with a comment:
Dispensational thought is merely a studied divisional of God dealings with Adam and his children... it is the 'IS' of Scripture objectively in existence since The Scriptures were written...
Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Dispensationalist. Oooh, had a tough time spelling it out :)

• Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

3 hours ago, inchrist said:

Engrafting theology

Could you explain this one for me?  I'm too lazy to google it...lol

• Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

2 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Well, dispensation theology believes in a distinct seperation between Church and natural- born Israel, believing the Church which has a higher calling than Natural Israel and, Replacement theology believes the Church has replaced natural - born Israel, with Natural-Born Israel who forefit their inheritance.

There's no such thing in scripture. There is however a distinct seperation between the natural- born House of Judah and the natural- born House of Israel [Ephraim]

This is the only separation God is concerned with and, why the messiah was sent. Who is to reconcile the Two Houses into one, which ultimately saves Humanity.

The reason humanity will be saved, is both Houses have gentile companions

Ezekiel 37: 16 Moreover, you son of man,take you one stick, and write upon it, For Yahuwdah (Judah),and for the children of Yisra’el his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Yahuwceph (Joseph), the stick of Ephrayim and for all the house of Yisra’el his companions

17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in your hand.

The House of Judah have gentile converts called proselytes and The House of Ephraim has Gentile converts called Christians.

Ephraim was given a promise of inheritance.

but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.

Ephraims inheretance is the Christian Nations, how? By the spreading of the gospel that was sent out to natural-born Ephraim, as Christ was sent to the lost sheep of Israel (The Ten Northern Tribes), where ever Ephraim was, the gospel was sent to.

Along the way Gentiles started to hear the gospel and convert to Christianity.

God called Ephraim [Natural-Born Israelites] my firstborn son. Jeremiah 31:9 

Ephraim was to become Christian.

Because in order to be called the firstborn son of God one must be born of Christ. 

Ephraim [Natural Born Israel] is to be born of Christ...it is the house of Christians, along with Ephraims inheritence, a multitiude of Nations ended up becoming companions to Ephraim who are Gentile Converts to Christ

When a Gentile is “born-again”through the blood of Messiah (John 3:3-8), he is  grafted into the olive tree.

At the moment there are two Olive trees

In Ezekiel 37:16 the hebrew word for  stick  in this verse is  ets  and it means  tree. . Hence two olive tree's 

And Christ is to reconcile these two Olive tree's into one Olive Tree again with all their companions.

For the most part, the House of Judah rejects the Messiah and the House of Ephraim rejects the Mosiac Law.

Jeremiah 31:18 I have surely heard Ephrayim bemoaning himself thus; You have chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn you me, and I shall be turned; for you are YHWH my Elohiym.

We see that Ephraim is being chastised because he thinks of the Mosaic Law as being a big burden on his shoulders. He still does not realize that the Messiah carried his burden and made it easy and light for him to obey the Towrah by the power of the Holy Spirit.

And that truely is the exact condition of Christianity that we see.

Thanks for the explanation.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Mathew summed up the dispensations in chronology.....

17Thus there were fourteen generations in all from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Messiah. (Matthew 1:17)

14 consists of 7 + 7, so from Abraham to David you have 7 + 7, from David to the exile is another 7 + 7 and finally from the exile to the Messiah the final 7 + 7. 

You have 6 lots of 7s and when Messiah comes on the scene he comes on the beginning of the 70th week of Daniel's 70 week prophesy.

So you have each 7 representing a 7 year cycle, right up to the 50th year Jubilee, that is 7 x 7 = 49.

what is astonishing is that all scriptures were pointing to the Messiah fulfilling what the Law and the Prophets said all along. Jesus therefore becomes the SEED, the only covenant that allows an individual to enter God's rest day the Sabbath. This means that Jesus is the Sabbath, the very rest day of God's dispensation, that he promised he would do in ththe Garden in regards to the SEED crushing the head of the serpant and the serpent striking the heel of the SEED.

SO AS FAR AS DISPENSATIONS ARE CONCERNED, THEY MUST CHRONOLIGICALLY LEAD TO THE SEED OF PROMISE JESUS CHRIST.

Therefore the promise is not to Ekklessia but to each and every individual who comes to Christ by their own free will, being intrinsically motivated to own their faith and be the temple where the Lord of the Sabbath Christ Jesus resides. As Jesus said you in me and I in you.

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. (Romans 8:9)

In this regard the dispensation is the SEED of promise Christ Jesus, who is our Sabbath. The temple from the 14 to 14 to 14 generations, that is 7 7 7 7 7 7 moved to the 7 lots of 7, 49 - the jubilee in us, were are the temple of the Holy Ghost. As Jesus said no longer will you look to the temple in Jerusalem or the mountain where Moses received the Ten Commandments, for the Kingdom of God will not come by observation, for the Kingdom of God is in YOU.

So this day all prophesies appointed Jesus Christ as our rest day sabbath dispensation. This means that we are the symbol of the two witnesses (the Law and the Prophets), who preach the gospel in all the world, towards the remaining half of Daniel's 70th week prophesy. Jesus ministered for the first half of Daniel's 70th week, before he was cutoff, meaning crucified. The symbol of the two witnesses who are every born again by the Spirit of Christ faithful, preach in the remaining 3.5 days of Daniel's 70th week.

That is why Jesus said .........

For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. (Revelation 11:9)

Do you see that the 3.5 days is the ministry of the church, the born again believers who have entered God'/ rest day.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

8For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; (Hebrews 4:8)

Jesus Christ is the Sabbath rest day, the very dispensation of God, the SEED OF PROMISE, spoken of in.....

And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel." (Genesis 3:14)

Now when we come to the Matthews 14 x 14 x 14 generations, we can discern that he is revealing God's dispensation to all of humanity.

In Matthew 18:21 Jesus tells Peter to forgive 70 x 7 which equals to 490. This equals the exact 14 generations spoken of Matthew 1:17 from Babylonian exile to the coming of Messiah prophesied in Daniel's 70 week prophesy.

To sum it up, the dispensation of God was chronological from the garden, right until he delivered on that promise on the tree that Paul spoke whereby Jesus was crucified. The first tree Adam was told not to eat, the tree at Calvary is where God says eat plenty of. This is the only basis of God's dispensation. 

It was never ever about a relgious institution or people's calling themselves Israelites. The dispensation as Paul would say to thy SEED, in singular and this SEED of promise Jesus Christ is our sabbath and dispensation.