• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

Really no one can answer this question without bringing politics into it? 

I"m a little dismayed and disappointed. 

Lol Rusty,I thought I was in another thread answering this post.. 

4 hours ago, firestormx said:

I was curious as to what all of you think it means to be a Christian? What is a Christian? How is a Christian identified? IS it biblical to call someone out for not being a Christian if they say they are but don't meet the identifiers? 

I don,t believe it,s up for us to judge ,the Bible tells us we will know them by their fruit,don,t you think?

Everybody who is confessing that Jesus is Lord and accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior who believes that Jesus died for our sins are born again Christian,agree?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

7 minutes ago, angels4u said:

I don,t believe it,s up for us to judge ,the Bible tells us we will know them by their fruit,don,t you think?

Everybody who is confessing that Jesus is Lord and accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior who believes that Jesus died for our sins are born again Christian,agree?

But I think it is for us to Judge what is happening in the body. If it's by babies in Christ or a wolf in sheep clothing or a minister of 50 years . Who is beyond reproach? What is the point of knowing them by their fruit , if you can't say anything to those displaying evil fruit?

" Not up to us to Judge" . What definition of Judging are you using? Have you not read that we will judge angels?

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

Really no one can answer this question without bringing politics into it? 

I"m a little dismayed and disappointed. 

Sorry, that was my fault.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

Hello,Shalom, I thought i Would leave some scripture that i think is good for this...GB:emot-heartbeat:

1Jn 4:1  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 
1Jn 4:2  Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 
1Jn 4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 
1Jn 4:4  Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 
1Jn 4:5  They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 
1Jn 4:6  We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error. 

37 minutes ago, firestormx said:

But I think it is for us to Judge what is happening in the body. If it's by babies in Christ or a wolf in sheep clothing or a minister of 50 years . Who is beyond reproach? What is the point of knowing them by their fruit , if you can't say anything to those displaying evil fruit?

" Not up to us to Judge" . What definition of Judging are you using? Have you not read that we will judge angels?

Lawsuits among Believers
…2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels?How much more the things of this life! 4So if you need to settle everyday matters, do you appoint as judges those of no standing in the church?…1 Cor.6:2-3

These verses  don't  really talk about judging who is and who is not a Christian, I hope you know I'm a born again believer, if I do something very un-Christian would you label me as not being a Christian?

Of course  I don't want to sin,but we all do and say things we shouldn't ,so where do you draw the line?

Matthew 7:1
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Do Not Judge
1Do not judge, or you will be judged. 2For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 1 Cor.6:3

7:1-6 We must judge ourselves, and judge of our own acts, but not make our word a law to everybody. We must not judge rashly, nor pass judgment upon our brother without any ground. We must not make the worst of people. Here is a just reproof to those who quarrel with their brethren for small faults, while they allow themselves in greater ones. Some sins are as motes, while others are as beams; some as a gnat, others as a camel. Not that there is any sin little; if it be a mote, or splinter, it is in the eye; if a gnat, it is in the throat; both are painful and dangerous, and we cannot be easy or well till they are got out. That which charity teaches us to call but a splinter in our brother's eye, true repentance and godly sorrow will teach us to call a beam in our own. It is as strange that a man can be in a sinful, miserable condition, and not be aware of it, as that a man should have a beam in his eye, and not consider it; but the god of this world blinds their minds. Here is a good rule for reprovers; first reform thyself.

Matthew Henry Commentary

27 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Lawsuits among Believers

Of course  I don't want to sin,but we all do and say things we shouldn't ,so where do you draw the line?

Matthew 7:1
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Do Not Judge
1Do not judge, or you will be judged. 2For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 1 Cor.6:3

You didn't seem to address my question. What is the point of knowing them by their fruit , if you can't say anything to those displaying evil fruit, especially if it is a lifestyle for them?

Where is the line? An unrepentant lifestyle of sin

The bible never says we can't judge anything. Jesus didn't reprove making any and all judgments but hypocritical judgments. How can we spread the gospel message if we can never tell someone they are in sin. The bible says no Liar shall enter heaven. If we know someone who lies all the time but says they are Christian, then we should in a Spirit of love, meekness, and humility using the word of God and love correct them? If they refuse to be corrected, by us, then with a witness and finally by the Church they are to be marked as a unbeliever. That is what the bible says ( Matt. 18:15-17 I believe ) to do and it is making a judgment on someone's salvation based upon their fruit. 

1 Corinthians 5:10-13

Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person. For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?

Edited by firestormx

Hi Fire,

I'm just curious how you would judge if somebody is a Christian?

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

Hi Fire,

I'm just curious who you would judge if somebody is a Christian?

I am assuming  you meant HOW would I judge if someone is a Christian. Well, Jesus gave the answer to that. I covered most of this in the post above. But I didn't say with the word of God, so let me add that in here. Also, Jesus said, If you are God's Children then you will do the work of God. If you are this world or the devil's children then you will do the work the devil does. Like Lie, murder, steal or fornicate as a lifestyle and unrepentantly . Jesus Said you WILL know them by their fruits. That means if someone is a Christian you will know it by their fruits. If someone is not a Christian then you will know it by their fruits. People can say anything, doesn't make it true. Jesus said, If you love him, then you will obey him. If you don't love him, then you will not obey him. All this is not talking about falling short sometimes like we will all do. It is talking about A lifestyle of sin. 

If we can not Judge sin and lifestyles of sin then how can we rebuke or correct as the bible instructs us to?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

First if some one professes to be a Christian- that is a starting point-- Bible says by their fruits you shall know them-- . If Sin is a constant factor in their life or a prevalent strain of behavior it would be wise to be cautious. From the point of Doctrine a Christian has to believe that Jesus is God incarnate, was crucified for their sin and was raised from the dead- that is the simple gospel. ~~~ either a person believes or doesnt- if that belief changes their life to a more Godly pattern of behavior, most likely they are a saved Christian--- we of course can not judge a persons inner heart- but again- by their fruits you will know them