• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Just now, Cletus said:

if not its not a sure thing. 

With that stance, nothing is a sure thing, and everything is up in the air.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,422
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/28/2016 at 0:04 PM, Daniel 11:36 said:

If the world is close to the end of this present age, then the USA is the only nation that would fit Revelation 18

Totally agree with that statement.  Every generation has their conclusions as to the time and events they live in.  In 1940, the christians then sure would have thought, "anytime now" and looking to the skies.  We are fortunate to see some very fast pace events taking place right now, especially with technology and the doubling of knowledge exponentially upwards.  Culture and social movements are changing the landscape in which we live and the laws of the land are also moving towards the  antichrist method.     Buying and selling is the fabric of civilization now and it is truly global trade.  Something disrupts that and the writing would be on the wall.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I don't think the USA has anything to do with Revelation 18.  Where do people come up with these things?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39

16 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I don't think the USA has anything to do with Revelation 18.  Where do people come up with these things?

It was mentioned a long, long time ago.  Perhaps just a "hypothesis", 

but I did a 1 second search : < Revelation 18 USA >

it was an eye opener, to say the least.....

the first several pages, about 25 titles, with the last one noted especially: Russia destroys the USA. 

These were a mix of religious, secular, and political sites.

(THE USA appears to fit all or most of the criteria)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Just having a read of this subject, people, and it occurs to me that we should always read the Bible in context.  It seems to me that Rev. 18 is talking about Babylon the great......... I always thought Babylon was not necessarily a city or country, but the world's "system" of finances, trade, corruption etc.  God does not want His people to be involved in the world's systems (Vs 4).  Cletus, I believe Ezra is right as he appears to me to divide the Word of God correctly.  Don't you agree that the USA is not the only country in the world to live in a way described in Rev. 18?  Most western countries live like this, and a lot of eastern ones are beginning to as well.  In verses 17 and 18 the merchants of the world are seeing the downfall of the system of trade and commerce, etc., and therefore their livelihoods will come crashing down.  We can't take vs 8 out of the whole chapter and apply it to one country.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39

28 minutes ago, Davida said:

I don't think it does either.

Let's see then.

Do you know what is the most profitable industry in the United States,  (much much bigger budget and profits than the budget of the United States and the rest of the fortune 500 companies besides it) ?

Hint: it is found in the original language of Revelation 18. (I don't know if it is ever found in english or not).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, Cletus said:

That does not say tomorrow is promised for America.  That does not say America will even exist at that time. 

What you claim is reading a whole lot in to what it says. 

Hi Cletus,

What God does tell us is that - The Lord (God the Father) said to my lord, (Jesus Christ), "Sit at my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool.` (Ps. 110:1)`

&  `ask of me, & I will give you the NATIONS for your inheritance.` (Ps. 2: 8)

As God the Father has given His Son authority to execute judgment, (John 5: 27) we realise that.....it is God the Father who is bringing the nations together for His Son to execute judgments upon them. There is the process & there the timing is when Christ moves from His Father`s throne to His own throne in the third heaven.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I overcame & sat down with My Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21) 

Christ is NOT executing the judgments NOW as the nations have NOT been brought to His footstool by His Father.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire.  (Revelation 17:16)

China earns a lot of money from exports to USA and uses the money to buy the USA government bonds and treasury securities. China still the top of the USA government treasury securities holders by September 2016. That is what this scripture say leave her naked and eat her flesh.

Japanese government top the list holding 1131.9 billion US dollars treasury securities at the end of October 2016, followed by Chinese government (mainland) 1115.7 billion US dollars.

http://ticdata.treasury.gov/Publish/mfh.txt

Give back to her as she has given; pay her back double for what she has done. Pour her a double portion from her own cup. (Revelation 18:6)

After World War 2, US has been involving in many wars. Every major wars happened throughout these centuries, you can see the US involved, and usually US has been the major advocate to stir up the wars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States