• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

I think some here are confused with what Judaism is. It is not the same faith  as that of Abraham, Jacob, Joshua, David, Jeremiah etc., had rather it was a Jewish system which started a hundred years or so before Christ and  opposed Christ in His ministry.

Uhhh, no, that's not true.
Judaism is the religion of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses.  The Pharisaical system is what YOU are talking about.

Jesus is the fulfillment of Judaism.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

41 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I think some here are confused with what Judaism is. It is not the same faith  as that of Abraham, Jacob, Joshua, David, Jeremiah etc.,  rather it was a Jewish system which started a hundred years or so before Christ and  opposed Christ in His ministry.

That is correct. This system includes the teachings of the rabbis and is included in Halakhah.  

What is Halakhah?

Two TabletsJudaism is not just a set of beliefs about G-d, man and the universe. Judaism is a comprehensive way of life, filled with rules and practices that affect every aspect of life: what you do when you wake up in the morning, what you can and cannot eat, what you can and cannot wear, how to groom yourself, how to conduct business, who you can marry, how to observe the holidays and Shabbat, and perhaps most important, how to treat G-d, other people, and animals. This set of rules and practices is known as halakhah.

... According to Orthodox Judaism, these actions include 613 commandments given by G-d in the Torah as well as laws instituted by the rabbis and long-standing customs.  

http://www.jewfaq.org/beliefs.htm

However, these laws instituted by the rabbis (and adopted by the scribes, Pharisees, and lawyers of Jesus' day) were in conflict with the actual teaching of the Torah, as Christ showed again and again. And the apostles called this "the Jews' religion" as opposed to true Hebrew worship and Bible truth, which taught justification by grace through faith.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1972

Well I didn't mean for everyone to start arguing.  Sorry.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 11/29/2016 at 2:39 PM, Big Time said:

I have a question.  Every now and then I see blurbs on the internet from religious people claiming that when the end times finally get here, all three Abrahamic religions will actually end up joing forces to fight evil or something.  Where is this coming from?  IS it scriptural

First time I hear the term "Abrahamic religions", excuse my ignorance , but I thought you could be the one to ask . 

I do not mean to ask for a definition, but something to relate to it. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I do not mean to ask for a definition, but something to relate to it.

Well the first thing you will discover is that Abraham was NOT a Jew!  

In fact, he was a Hebrew patriarch, descended from Adam, Seth, Noah, Shem, and Eber (hence Hebrew) -- the line of Messiah.  The term Yehudi (Jew) began to be applied to those who were in the Babylonian captivity from the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi (the kingdom of Judah) and were repatriated back to Judaea.  

The apostle Paul considered himself a "Hebrew of the Hebrews" (Philippians 3:5) and his epistle to his brethren in the flesh is "the epistle to the Hebrews" (Hebrew Christians).

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

Well the first thing you will discover is that Abraham was NOT a Jew!  

In fact, he was a Hebrew patriarch, descended from Adam, Seth, Noah, Shem, and Eber (hence Hebrew) -- the line of Messiah.  The term Yehudi (Jew) began to be applied to those who were in the Babylonian captivity from the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi (the kingdom of Judah) and were repatriated back to Judaea.  

The apostle Paul considered himself a "Hebrew of the Hebrews" (Philippians 3:5) and his epistle to his brethren in the flesh is "the epistle to the Hebrews" (Hebrew Christians).

Thank you, for your time, I appreciate the sound information. 

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, RealPresence said:

Uhhh, no, that's not true.
Judaism is the religion of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses.  The Pharisaical system is what YOU are talking about.

Jesus is the fulfillment of Judaism.

No, Judaism is a post 1st century adjustment to the loss of the 2nd temple.  Judaism is not the religion of the OT.  Judaism started after the temple was destroyed, by what was left of Pharisaism. 

Guest shiloh357

Oh and BTW, Islam is not an "Abrahamic" religion.   Islam has nothing to do with Abraham.  It didn't come into existence until the 6th century AD.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I would even say that Islam really has nothing to do with Ishmael even.      Ishmael did know the God of Abraham, but by the time of Mohammad, the Arabic people as a whole had done the same thing that Israel had several times and turned to many pagan gods.   Allah happened to be the god of Mohammad's family which was the moon god.....    and had nothing to do with even the God of Ishmael.

When Mohammad first met the entity that gave him the Koran, he thought it was a demon....   it was his wife that convinced him it was an angel, and a high ranking good angel at that.      My personal opinion, Islam was/is from the pits of hell for it was not brought by an entity from the God of Abraham, but an entity from Satan or Satan himself.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

3 hours ago, other one said:

I would even say that Islam really has nothing to do with Ishmael even.      Ishmael did know the God of Abraham, but by the time of Mohammad, the Arabic people as a whole had done the same thing that Israel had several times and turned to many pagan gods.   Allah happened to be the god of Mohammad's family which was the moon god.....    and had nothing to do with even the God of Ishmael.

When Mohammad first met the entity that gave him the Koran, he thought it was a demon....   it was his wife that convinced him it was an angel, and a high ranking good angel at that.      My personal opinion, Islam was/is from the pits of hell for it was not brought by an entity from the God of Abraham, but an entity from Satan or Satan himself.

Now that is a really good analysis, something to keep in mind when someone tries to say we all worship the same god.  They may tie Ishmael into being Abraham's son, and rightly so, but nobody in scripture ever thought they were being visited by a demon, this all makes sense.