• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

Does this music give you feelings that are uncomfortable, with as a Christian? Bottom line is what the Holy spirit tells you and that you can find searching your conscience.  The thing is that if your sister gets the album, you will still be able to hear such things and if you are fond of some of the music you may be tempted back into desiring it. The Bible speaks of this in  second Timothy 2:22

2 Timothy 2:22  Run from temptations that capture young people. Always do the right thing. Be faithful, loving, and easy to get along with. Worship with people whose hearts are pure.

If I were you and my sister was going to buy this, i would have a long heart to heart with her and If she did not see the danger, I would invest in a good set of headphones to listen to my own music through.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

4 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I am not trying to judge you or anything like that, or even suggest what you should do really,but you asked for an opinion, and I just wanted to give you things to think about, and you have been, it seems!

Hi thanks for all i decided to not listen to them,but i heard that my ssiter sing them play their songs on guitar so i will have a hard time forgetting about them

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings d00d

Hi,welcome to Worthy.......I'm confused,If I may ask "Are you a Christian?"  The Seekers Lounge is the Forum reserved for unbelievers,seekers & guests to ask us Faith related questions,here we spread the Gospel & point to Jesus,so I am not sure if you just posted here because you just felt like it or because you are indeed,Seeking Jesus! ?

I don't know why you are having such a dilemma over this music & what your sister is putting on her play list,what does that have to do with you? As Omegaman said,do what you are lead to do.......but first I must ask,do you know Jesus? I see your interest says "The Kingdom of God".....that could lead me to believe you are a Christian but many people say they love God,they pray ,they believe in God & yet,they do not know Jesus & as Jesus says....

King James Bible
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1 Timothy 2:5

With love-in Christ,.Kwik

9 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

Does this music give you feelings that are uncomfortable, with as a Christian? Bottom line is what the Holy spirit tells you and that you can find searching your conscience.  The thing is that if your sister gets the album, you will still be able to hear such things and if you are fond of some of the music you may be tempted back into desiring it. The Bible speaks of this in  second Timothy 2:22

2 Timothy 2:22  Run from temptations that capture young people. Always do the right thing. Be faithful, loving, and easy to get along with. Worship with people whose hearts are pure.

If I were you and my sister was going to buy this, i would have a long heart to heart with her and If she did not see the danger, I would invest in a good set of headphones to listen to my own music through.

She doesnt like headphones for some wierd reason :blink: I dont feel uncomfortable feelings since i was fan of them but since i became a Christian i have i been asking is it wrong to like a Band like Ghost

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

As a heavy metal fan, there's a bunch of music that can be just offensive. Most bands just use it for shock value and imagery they think is "cool" or edgy, and aren't actually trying to promote things. But that doesn't mean I'm comfortable with it.

There are more and more Christian metal bands these days, though. Theocracy is my personal favorite, though they're prog metal, unlike Ghost.

If you think "Bible" by Ghost is beautiful, look up "Mirror of Souls" by Theocracy on Youtube. Its 22 and a half minutes long and is one of the most wonderful pieces of music every written, in this Christian metal fan's opinion.

But more generally about your issue, wouldn't it be a better witness to your sister if you did not partake of Ghost, instead listening to something a little better, and hopefully she might hear something from a better band that might influence her? Just a thought.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

7 hours ago, d00d said:

She doesnt like headphones for some wierd reason :blink: I dont feel uncomfortable feelings since i was fan of them but since i became a Christian i have i been asking is it wrong to like a Band like Ghost

The headset is for you.  Have you been praying abut yourself? If the music doesn't bother you, then it might be because it doesn't bother you that you feel you need to discuss it with others. The issue is that you need to talk with God about this and you need to be away from this music when you do so. the reason for that is the distraction it might produce in your mind while trying to get your prayers answered. Just don't anticipate what that answer should be or where it might come from.

12 hours ago, BK1110 said:

As a heavy metal fan, there's a bunch of music that can be just offensive. Most bands just use it for shock value and imagery they think is "cool" or edgy, and aren't actually trying to promote things. But that doesn't mean I'm comfortable with it.

There are more and more Christian metal bands these days, though. Theocracy is my personal favorite, though they're prog metal, unlike Ghost.

If you think "Bible" by Ghost is beautiful, look up "Mirror of Souls" by Theocracy on Youtube. Its 22 and a half minutes long and is one of the most wonderful pieces of music every written, in this Christian metal fan's opinion.

But more generally about your issue, wouldn't it be a better witness to your sister if you did not partake of Ghost, instead listening to something a little better, and hopefully she might hear something from a better band that might influence her? Just a thought.

Thanks for the recommendation of the Theocracy they look awesome:emot-headphones:,i arleady talked to her that they are satanic but she just dont care .

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 12/25/2016 at 3:56 PM, d00d said:

Hi all.I have a small lroblem about one music band.Its pretty much a satanjc music without a dobut.I really enjoy their music to that point that i never listend to more beatiful song.I started to listen to them more and more less often but there is just one issue.My sister is grtting their albums on cd so ju know the problem.its on hers must buy list so it will happen sooner or later.Can i enjoy their music.For those curious band is calle ghost

I agree with Omega.. The Holy Spirit will quicken your spirit as to what you should and shouldn't listen to.  

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  337
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 12/25/2016 at 10:56 PM, d00d said:

Hi all.I have a small lroblem about one music band.Its pretty much a satanjc music without a dobut.I really enjoy their music to that point that i never listend to more beatiful song.I started to listen to them more and more less often but there is just one issue.My sister is grtting their albums on cd so ju know the problem.its on hers must buy list so it will happen sooner or later.Can i enjoy their music.For those curious band is calle ghost

Hi dood,

This is not a weird question but a good one.  Music per se is not a sin.

There are two issues here that I see.

One is your sister. We should be careful not to expose weaker persons to harmful material.  As you know just by asking, this IS harmful material.

I see it as being very demonic and unhealthy in nature.  Which brings us to you.  I believe that everything our eyes see become a part of us. And hear, of course.

I'll bet you hum their music a lot. I'm not asking if this music glorifies God...We wouldn't listen to anything!  But don't you feel it glorifies satan?

Some of us are more sensitive to others, as I am in this case. But God knows our heart and the Holy Spirit will have to convince you to stop listening to them - not anybody else.

Personally, I tremble at the thought of them.

Fran

Edited by Fran C

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

personally I would not listen to their music