• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

Didn't Christ tell us about this sort of stuff a very long time ago, when he said you would be hated for his name.  I think we should be thinking God that we've had so little inconveniances in the practicing of our faith as we have. Looking out over the world we have pretty much been inside a sanctuary with only the snipes of those selling the idea of hedonism over righteousness, because hedonism didn't require any effort on their part and surly wouldn't cost them a thing to dangle it in front of society. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

I think it would be a matter of perspective,and context, as to reviewing the idea that Christians have had so little inconveniences in the practicing of our faith. There are parts of the world today where Christians are being burned to death, hanged, crucified, beheaded, cut in half, impaled, because they are Christians. And the offenders are Muslim. "Religion of peace" is a lie. Islam was conceived during wartime. And it has never in its history conveyed peace.

Guest BacKaran

The children were Muslam aka Muslims and some may have converted to Christianity.

The ones I knew in high school from Egypt never converted.

Now in the high school system 40 yrs later there are gangs, knife fights and gun fights in the high schools where I used to live.

It's OK to ask questions, keep asking! ?

Edited by BacKaran

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, just_abc said:

hi

If I may ask - what does 'muslams' mean?    Do you mean muslims?

are you one of those spelling nazi's?    :P

Guest BacKaran

YOWM,

Sounds like a fallacy but when the city is bussing kids to schools not in their current neighborhood, this is really.

The Cooper neighborhood in mpls is very quiet as far as crime goes. A middle class blue collar working hood with the rich and poor mixed in, hardly heard Co sirens growing up...

In 1972 in 9th grade a friend and I were allowed to run the room size computer that spit out key punched cards and printed out a school census report each week for the city of Minneapolis.

Sandford Jr high always ranked in the top three if not at the top of all Jr highs In attendance, less sick days taken, grade calculations and juvenile delinquency reports. Aka troubled kids reports.

Six years later, the city decides to bus minorites from the poor hoods Jr high schools to have the population more diversified within the city. My brother was sent to the other side of the city to attend Jr high, we lived three blocks from Sanford but they bussed him out. It was thee worst three years of his life as he was threatened everyday by someone for lunch money, just cuz he was white etc.  It got so bad he suffered from diverticulitis and a bloody colon ulcer, at 13 yrs old. Then because the problems were so bad at Phillips Jr high, they set up a new POP program which got the bussed kids in and out of their classes five mins early then the normal class times so they wouldn't be harassed in the hallways!

And Sanford Jr high became just like the minorites kids who were bussed there, a mess. My friends mom was a lunch lady, she lived across the street from Sanford where Indian kids set their hedges on fire, threw stones at their dog and spray painted everything they could.

The school cencus report was turned upside down, sandford headed to the last on the list and Phillips jumped up in the top three.... So much for the minority bussing program.

The high schools are bussing students... Somalis from the downtown area to Roosevelt High school 10 miles across town, girls afraid to attend school aka family nieces because of the Somali harassment and fighting.

I would never send my kids to an inner city or suburban public school if I could do it all over. I'd homeschool. My son a wrestler, was beat up by three punk's in 12th grade, I pressed charges as they were one week from being 18, my daughter was removed from that same highschool for girls harassing her and stealing her stuff.

Now, Somalis in my suburban neighborhood run the drugs for the kids in high and Jr high schools, I've met with my city cops, the drug runners are so many the cops say they only want to deal with the top drug guys.....

1962 ...The people removed God from schools, I never thought I'd see the down fall so fast of or society. 

But as a believer I can see why things are happening and I look forward to Jesus return more every day that goes by.

Islam is not compatible with the USA Constitution and legal system, there is no good reason Islam even exists except to do the devil's work. 

I pray for Muslams but I will never trust one. I can't. It's like Aesop's fables of the fox swimming with a rat on his back, as they almost make it to the show the fox ears the rear and the rat says why? The fox days it's my nature...... That's Islam, it is pure evil.

Guest BacKaran

No but I don't give the devil his due, why would I spell anything correctly that is of the devil? Same with the RCC and popester.

I absolutely pray for these lost people and I will witness but I will never trust them, it's their nature not to be trusted.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

7 hours ago, soonsister said:

I think it would be a matter of perspective,and context, as to reviewing the idea that Christians have had so little inconveniences in the practicing of our faith. There are parts of the world today where Christians are being burned to death, hanged, crucified, beheaded, cut in half, impaled, because they are Christians. And the offenders are Muslim. "Religion of peace" is a lie. Islam was conceived during wartime. And it has never in its history conveyed peace.

If you were referring to my post about my use of the term inconvenience, I was  specifically talking about our experiences in America. The topic is about what is happening in America and I kept my comments in context with that

Most assuredly there are places in the world that Christians are being brutalized. I was hearing horror stories from many African countries about disembowelment and families forced to have sex with one another as far back as when I was 10. I will be 60 in April and to date there has not been any account of these things happening in the U.S. but when I hear about the instances of this topic I can see the writing on the wall. I know that I hope that we are in the end times and If so, I hope we are close enough to the end where we will not see such atrocities here.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

50 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

If you were referring to my post about my use of the term inconvenience, I was  specifically talking about our experiences in America. The topic is about what is happening in America and I kept my comments in context with that

Most assuredly there are places in the world that Christians are being brutalized. I was hearing horror stories from many African countries about disembowelment and families forced to have sex with one another as far back as when I was 10. I will be 60 in April and to date there has not been any account of these things happening in the U.S. but when I hear about the instances of this topic I can see the writing on the wall. I know that I hope that we are in the end times and If so, I hope we are close enough to the end where we will not see such atrocities here.

I too share that hope with you brother. Yes, I was referring to your remarks just to clarify. :)

I think the persecution here is beginning as what is soft persecution. Offenses that are illegal but are tried none the less. Particularly as pertains to our children in government schools.

Then there's the new news I just heard today wherein a street preacher is the one suing a family or group of families who are attempting to stop him from ministering aloud. Violating , as is his contention in the suit, his first amendment rights. What a refreshing change when too often I hear about Christians being threatened with such suits.

If these are the end times we're ready as those who are one with the Father. The armor bearers have read for generations the warning in God's word that the day would come. It is foretold after all.

I just wonder. Has every generation or so seen these signs we believe we see that point to that end? I don't know but it is fascinating to read the scriptures and see how closely the national and world news seem to align with the signs of things to come.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  893
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

7 hours ago, other one said:

are you one of those spelling nazi's?    :P

No.    But I am curious.   :b:    The word was spelt that way in several posts on the thread.  So I was wondering if it was really simply a spelling mistake..  or if it was deliberate and if so why....

I come from a country where Christians are a minority of the population....  If any non-Christians in my country were to deliberately misspell the term 'Christian' on purpose.... I would feel sad perhaps even quite hurt .. and would be less likely to want to listen to what that particular person had to say.. or to give credence to that person....  

Just my personal thoughts that's all.

ps - I don't spell very well  :b: If it wasn't for the automatic spelling-correction thingy here.. this post would have had spelling mistakes in it lol :blink: - so um yay for technology?   :whistling: 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, just_abc said:

No.    But I am curious.   :b:    The word was spelt that way in several posts on the thread.  So I was wondering if it was really simply a spelling mistake..  or if it was deliberate and if so why....

I come from a country where Christians are a minority of the population....  If any non-Christians in my country were to deliberately misspell the term 'Christian' on purpose.... I would feel sad perhaps even quite hurt .. and would be less likely to want to listen to what that particular person had to say.. or to give credence to that person....  

Just my personal thoughts that's all.

ps - I don't spell very well  :b: If it wasn't for the automatic spelling-correction thingy here.. this post would have had spelling mistakes in it lol :blink: - so um yay for technology?   :whistling:

wait till you see some of mine when the auto correct takes over on my phone and I don't have my glasses with me...  it can get quite comical at times, but it is a bit embarrassing sometimes.  i called my wife a ninnie in a text  one night a couple of years ago...   that didn't go over well at all...   she was a teacher and a certified spelling Nazi.