• Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Redemption79 said:

i edited the post

like i said, i was not in a good place.

but you have realize born again believers can be the most vicious human being out there

unfortunately, hoping for change is not going to do it.....

you have to fight for change.....

simply telling people "you are wrong" (and they are) and "i am out of here" ( understandble) is not going to change anything

you have to be willing to make a stand to the bullies in a Godly way in the church if you can.....

they don't back down simply because you tell them to.....

If they are so vicious are they really a born again Christian or just someone who has said they are a Christian?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Sing40King said:

This is exactly the kind of posts that make me want to go.

I don't know what was written but I've been in the same situation you are.  I debated whether to stick it out or go.  My first two forums I was a part of I had 5000+ posts each, so that makes the decision harder because of so much time invested in developing relationships.  I don't make friends easily.  I ended up having 40+ people on Ignore, each, most of whom called themselves Christians.  You might try that first before making up your mind on Worthy Christian Forums.  As I said before, I am a veteran of Christian forums and Worthy feels like home to me.  I still have 10-12 people on Ignore, but it's not too hard separate out the troublemakers.  They don't have anything worth reading anyway.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

you all might just try and take a two week to a month break and let things settle over the election......   even threads non political are posted on by people frustrated one way or another with what's going on on the political sceen

End of February usually slows down a bit.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I don't know what was written but I've been in the same situation you are.  I debated whether to stick it out or go.  My first two forums I was a part of I had 5000+ posts each, so that makes the decision harder because of so much time invested in developing relationships.  I don't make friends easily.  I ended up having 40+ people on Ignore, each, most of whom called themselves Christians.  You might try that first before making up your mind on Worthy Christian Forums.  As I said before, I am a veteran of Christian forums and Worthy feels like home to me.  I still have 10-12 people on Ignore, but it's not too hard separate out the troublemakers.  They don't have anything worth reading anyway.

I do not know I could put people on ignore here. Does that mean you won't see their replies to your post? If so maybe that would help me. I am having a bit of an emotional day it seems. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

31 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

sign.....

sorry, missmuffet

i don't know your personal experiences

but yes, in mine experiences, born again believers are definitely capable of being very nasty, and very vicious

it is huge topic

God bless

Then they are not a born again christian displaying the fruit of the Holy Spirit. Being nasty and vicious is not one of the fruits. :) They may say that they are a Christian. There is nothing to be sorry for except for their behavior which they will be judged for.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 1/23/2017 at 7:59 AM, eileenhat said:

It isn't easy, to be a poster by a long stretch.  Just as it isn't easy to be a Christian either.  I think it takes loads of forum type experiences to meet the level of endurance required in order to keep posting, no matter how well or ill, you are received.

It DOES take moxie to survive online debating, posting or what have you.  Personally, I find it stretches my mental muscles and I've no problem with being punched (verbally) because I know how to punch back.  It's not for the sensitive or easily angered though.  We are all different and that's okay.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Sing, you are younger than my youngest grandchild and you have been a great blessing to me.  But keep your eyes on Jesus.  People will always let you down.  We have times that we are frustrated and hurt, and we need to tell someone.  We forget we need to be a blessing and be an instrument of God here.  You have been an example to us.

But I hope that you will not allow yourself to be shaken in your faith.  Dig deep into God's Word to see if these things are so.  I let these views that oppose mine to be a learning experience and it enables me to come out stronger because I trust God's word and not what they say.  There are so many people here that I respect and learn from that do not always agree with me on everything.  

When people hurt us we have to learn to love them anyhow and pray for them as Jesus told us to do.   When we are negative, please remind us that God still loves us.  It is trite but true, and sometimes we need to hear it.  And if we don't respect the pastor you love, don't let that keep the Holy Spirit from using him in your life.  I once had an ungodly pastor preach a sermon I will never forget--how the little foxes spoil the vine.  (It is often the small sins that bring us down).  That was exactly what I needed to hear from God.  Just keep checking the Bible to see if these things are so, and be aware that no pastor is perfect.  I am not saying that the pastor you admire is ungodly--I don't even know who it is.  But we all are still becoming more like Jesus.  Here we are often like sand in a rock tumbler rubbing off each others rough edges and polishing each other.  Marriage is the same way.  It takes a long time till we fit together well.   We even grow to love each others rough edges, till eventually we are polished and transparent enough that we can look deep within and see Jesus.

God bless you and be with you no matter what you decide.  But I will miss you if you go.  :emot-heartbeat:

11 hours ago, Redemption79 said:

i find that too

sometimes it is easier to not do certain part of forums

such as politics and current affairs

what is the point?

it is easier to stick to the positive part of forums

Yes.  For the most part, I stay out of politics.  I venture into Apologetics even though it's confrontational at times because the Lord God Almighty has placed Apologetics on my heart.  That doesn't mean I'm always right.  Sometimes God wants to show me the errors in my thinking.  I generally stay out of news unless it's something important for Israel, American 2nd Amendment rights, and right-to-life for the unborn.  I read more posts/threads than I respond to for the reasons you state.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  346
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

What is the purpose of a discussion board? 

Maybe we start a "pat on the back" area of the board for people who need constant affirmation and can't handle conflict?  Grace is allowing people to be who they are....even if you don't like it. Women are nurturers while men are protectors. We will always approach a discussion very differently, and there is no good reason why that has to be a problem, if we just accept that uniformity of opinion ends discussion. 

There is nothing wrong with free speech, even when it gets heated. I actually prefer talking to people who disagree with me because agreement for the sake of agreement is utterly boring.  Ugh....just kill me now. 

I have preferred hanging out on an (unmoderated) musicians board for many years now. We deal with religious and political topics there all the time in a much more honest way than any religious discussion board I've ever seen....but it's not for the faint of heart. 

Edited by heyvavhey

1 hour ago, heyvavhey said:

What is the purpose of a discussion board? 

Maybe we start a "pat on the back" area of the board for people who need constant affirmation and can't handle conflict?  Grace is allowing people to be who they are....even if you don't like it. Women are nurturers while men are protectors. We will always approach a discussion very differently, and there is no good reason why that has to be a problem, if we just accept that uniformity of opinion ends discussion. 

There is nothing wrong with free speech, even when it gets heated. I actually prefer talking to people who disagree with me because agreement for the sake of agreement is utterly boring.  Ugh....just kill me now. 

I have preferred hanging out on an (unmoderated) musicians board for many years now. We deal with religious and political topics there all the time in a much more honest way than any religious discussion board I've ever seen....but it's not for the faint of heart. 

Some of us are on medication for anxiety, depression, etc., or other mood changing medications.  Should we avoid all talk with other Christians because some Christians are jerks?  I see more Judeo-Christian goodwill on Gun Forums than I see here at times.  Should I forsake my Christian friends and concentrate my time on Glock Talk, Sig Talk, AR15 Talk, AK47 Talk, 1911 Talk, etc.?  I am a member of all these forums too and the people are friendlier than many Christian forums!